• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 36?

Re: Glock 36?

I had one and daily carried it for over a year. It was a nice little pistol, functioned well, shot well, and carried well. My biggest complaint and what caused me to switch was the capacity. I wanted more than 6+1... not that 7 rounds of 45 isn't enough for most anything.

I ended up switching to a G26 and run Pearce +0 grip extensions on the mags. I carry a G19 mag as a backup, which is an option you don't have for the G36 as there are no larger compatible mags. The G26 is something like a tenth of an inch thicker than the G36. IMO you'll never notice that amount of difference. Capacity wise, between the primary and one back up mag, I now have 26 rounds. That's opposed to 13 for the G36 with a backup mag. While I'm a fan of 45, I'd rather have double the capacity with good +P 9mm ammo.

So that's why I switched. If you're happy with the capacity of the G36 then go for it, it's a nice carry gun.

I didnt realize that its just a 10th of an inch, great feedback though. Thanks

I carry a Glock 30, it carries easily and it's 10 rounds of .45. Plus you can carry an extra Glock 21 mag and have a 13 round reload.

Smokin, I had 2 of the G30's and tried to love 'em, but my hands are too small for that 2x4 grip.

I like the G19, but am not a fan of the 9mm. Despite not liking the 9mm, I still carried a 19 because I shot it well and 9 ammo has come a long way in the last few years... extra lots better.

But a 9mm is not .45, so I mostly carry a G36. It has one less round than a fullsize 1911 with a standard magazine, carries like a dream and is accurate enough for what it is intended and then some. Next month I am going to order another G36 so the other one doesn't get lonely. Besides, I can always use a couple more mags and if I buy 2 mags for $500, they throw in a new pistol.

I carry a G36 but changed out the recoil springs to Wolff as the original and replacement captured spring assembly both failed on me.

I carry a G36 off duty.I also have a 26 and a 30,the 36 is pretty close in size to both just a little thinner in the grip so your really not saving much on size.

I had a g30 but didn't like the size or weight factor. I downsized to a G36 and love it. Lower number of rounds, but I can live with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are you finding G36's for $500? </div></div>

I bought two here <100 rds for $450 a piece. I have been carrying mine for about a year now, put the +1 finger groove adapters on the mags and it fits my hand like a full size gun. Accurate, slim to carry concealed and, well its a Glock. I carry it in a comptac paddle holster. I have 2 G30's but always go back to the 36. I may buy another one, yea, goo idea. Does any one have one with the accessory rail?

You can put a G36 slide on your G30, unfortunately you have to buy both
smile.gif
Glock may catalog it if there is enough interest.

I don't see the point of owning a Glock smaller than the 19. The 19 is hardly bigger in any dimension than the Glock 30, holds 16 rounds with a flush fitting magazine, etc.

Owning a Glock in .45 never occurred to me. The gun was designed to be a 9mm out of the gate and adapted to other calibers. It just makes more sense to own it in 9mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see the point of owning a Glock smaller than the 19. The 19 is hardly bigger in any dimension than the Glock 30, holds 16 rounds with a flush fitting magazine, etc.

Owning a Glock in .45 never occurred to me. The gun was designed to be a 9mm out of the gate and adapted to other calibers. It just makes more sense to own it in 9mm. </div></div>

Some of us prefer the 45 over the 9mm just a harder hitting round.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see the point of owning a Glock smaller than the 19. The 19 is hardly bigger in any dimension than the Glock 30, holds 16 rounds with a flush fitting magazine, etc.

Owning a Glock in .45 never occurred to me. The gun was designed to be a 9mm out of the gate and adapted to other calibers. It just makes more sense to own it in 9mm. </div></div>

</div></div>

There is absolutely no evidence to substantiate that statement, and you will find none, because it doesn't exist.

I shoot more .45 than anything else, but I wouldn't sit here and try to claim that it is a "harder hitting round."

Taurus Millennium Pro is a little shorter than the glock and cost less also. The Taurus trigger pull is harder than the glock. But for a carry gun it is great. Don't forget about the 45gap for the small hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

I carry a .40, but from what I have researched, there is marginal difference in handgun calibers anyways. Shot placement matters more than anything else, especially with handgun rounds.

I knew I could Hook someone into the 45 vs 9mm War....YEEHA!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see the point of owning a Glock smaller than the 19. The 19 is hardly bigger in any dimension than the Glock 30, holds 16 rounds with a flush fitting magazine, etc.

</div></div>

There is absolutely no evidence to substantiate that statement, and you will find none, because it doesn't exist.

I shoot more .45 than anything else, but I wouldn't sit here and try to claim that it is a "harder hitting round." </div></div>

For a compact 45 the G36 is tough to beat. Add the Pearse extention and you get 7+1. I upgraded the barrel to a Bar-Sto and cleaned up the trigger (3.5lbs). The Pearse ext. give the gun a cpmpletely different feel.. more controlable.

DSC01093.jpg

Just food for thought. I have this listed in the for sale section.

DSC_0545.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew I could Hook someone into the 45 vs 9mm War....YEEHA!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see the point of owning a Glock smaller than the 19. The 19 is hardly bigger in any dimension than the Glock 30, holds 16 rounds with a flush fitting magazine, etc.

</div></div>

I shoot more .45 than anything else, but I wouldn't sit here and try to claim that it is a "harder hitting round." </div></div> </div></div>

You didn't hook anyone, you're just acting like an idiot.

When someone poses an analytical question for the sake of discussion on a board like this, one of two things can usually happen:

1. A meaningful answer can occur. In this instance it usually means making a compromise to get a small enough firearm such that it is comfortable to carry and has sufficient capacity for its owners subjective "needs," or dealing with the diminished capacity.

2. Someone spouts off with some sort of gun show/gun shop talking phrase that adds nothing, but everyone has heard it so much that they just keep repeating it (you know, like the mistaken idea that any one pistol caliber is a superior man stopper than another one, despite the empirical evidence to the contrary).

You figure out which one your answer fits into.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had one and daily carried it for over a year. It was a nice little pistol, functioned well, shot well, and carried well. My biggest complaint and what caused me to switch was the capacity. I wanted more than 6+1... not that 7 rounds of 45 isn't enough for most anything.

I ended up switching to a G26 and run Pearce +0 grip extensions on the mags. I carry a G19 mag as a backup, which is an option you don't have for the G36 as there are no larger compatible mags. The G26 is something like a tenth of an inch thicker than the G36. IMO you'll never notice that amount of difference. Capacity wise, between the primary and one back up mag, I now have 26 rounds. That's opposed to 13 for the G36 with a backup mag. While I'm a fan of 45, I'd rather have double the capacity with good +P 9mm ammo.

So that's why I switched. If you're happy with the capacity of the G36 then go for it, it's a nice carry gun. </div></div>

Very similar for me, had a 36 but went to a 26.

Loved the 36 and much prefer the .45 but wanted a little more capacity and something compatible with my 17 I carry when I can get away with a full size. I carry the 26 with 17 backup mags and a +2 extension to fill my bigger hands.

Loved it so much I spent some coin having the 26 customized to my liking. I think you will be very happy with the 36 if the capacity and mag issue is not a concern.

2r4h7qx.jpg

GUFH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew I could Hook someone into the 45 vs 9mm War....YEEHA!!

</div></div>

I shoot more .45 than anything else, but I wouldn't sit here and try to claim that it is a "harder hitting round." </div></div> </div></div>

Stupid question, but how easy is the extra round Pearse extention to get on, without creating feed issues? Also, does Glock offer a simular featured mag?<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CANAVAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a compact 45 the G36 is tough to beat. Add the Pearse extention and you get 7+1. I upgraded the barrel to a Bar-Sto and cleaned up the trigger (3.5lbs). The Pearse ext. give the gun a cpmpletely different feel.. more controlable.

DSC01093.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg
</div></div>

I love the little G36!

Mine backs up my primary G21.

To my knowledge Glock does not offer a similarly appointed magazine. The extension goes on easily and I have had no issues with feeding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dropd57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stupid question, but how easy is the extra round Pearse extention to get on, without creating feed issues? Also, does Glock offer a simular featured mag?<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CANAVAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a compact 45 the G36 is tough to beat. Add the Pearse extention and you get 7+1. I upgraded the barrel to a Bar-Sto and cleaned up the trigger (3.5lbs). The Pearse ext. give the gun a cpmpletely different feel.. more controlable.

DSC01093.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

I carry a 36. Love it. Its a great little gun. I haven't tried one of those +1 grips, but it does seem like that would be a nice addition to it Might have to give that a try. But I like it. I know there are kimbers and other 1911's that are as small, but I don't really like the 1911 in a compact package. So the 36 it is.

Never thought I would own a Glock.
Never thought I would buy another plastic gun.
I now own a 36 as well and it is solid.
After 20 years of doubling up with LM4, the 36 carries 2 more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: damcv62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry a 36. Love it. Its a great little gun. I haven't tried one of those +1 grips, but it does seem like that would be a nice addition to it Might have to give that a try. But I like it. I know there are kimbers and other 1911's that are as small, but I don't really like the 1911 in a compact package. So the 36 it is. </div></div>

I carry Kimbers and a S&W 325, but I always come back to my G 36. Always reliable, I have never had an issue with the gun or the Mag extensions. I practice all the time so I am not afraid to carry only 13 rds of .45 acp. Like many of you here, I bought 2 G 30's but nevery really warmed up to them. I will porbably buy another G 36 to keep in my truck.

I also bought my G 30's and my G 36 here on the hide for about $450 a piece. if you buy it and don;t like it, PM me and I will give you $450 for it.