• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock Armorer Courses

Re: Glock Armorer Courses

Go to glocktraining.com to find a list of courses. They have options to get into classes without LE credentials, such as being a GSSF member or FFL dealer. They will specify if the class is LE only.

Not sure where you are in VT, but the Manchester Firing Line in Manchester NH has put on one that is not restricted to LE. Their last one was in Oct. Give them a shout. The training website is also a good resource as well.

What do you want the training for? Really, all I learned there I had previously learned by watching about 10 minutes of YouTube videos...but now I have a certificate, which is why I went in the first place. Say that to say this: If you just want the knowledge, search for dis-assembly/re-assembly on YouTube and save yourself the money. They didn't teach dick about parts life, maintenance schedules, etc. FWIW, I took the class at Glock INC in Smyrna, GA.

However, if you want/need the certificate, by all means continue your research with GSSF or whatever other means are suggested here.

I don't need the certificate. I carry a 19 but will be making a switch to the 32 here shortly, I compete with the 34, and will be buying a 21 in the near future. I figure with 4 Glock pistols that my life depends on I should know everything there is to know about them, I thought an armorer's course was a logical step.

unless your le or a glock dealer i think your out of luck attending one of their armorer courses.

I went to an armorer's course last month, and there were several GSSF memebers in the class. That's the only way I know of to get into the class without being LE or an FFL

You don't have to be sworn to take the course. If you are a member of GSSF you can attend.

Well I decided I would take the course as a GSSF member. They wanted some crap from my unit commander stating I was in the military blah blah blah so rather than go through that hassle I just joined GSSF.

I'll be going to the course in NH

I haven't taken the Glock course, but I can't imagine what they could possibly teach you that most mechancially-inclined people couldn't teach themselves in a few hours by playing with a pistol.

I would take the class if it was cheap enough and included a book or something that I would reference later.

The Glock is basically an erector set anyway. I do think that knowing which parts fit which models (like extractors, for example, which are frequently updated) would be particularly useful. I also think the course would likely include some troubleshooting tips that I would definitely find useful.

The course is usually $195 or there abouts. You get a pretty decent manual that gives details on how to totally strip the pistol down, the various upgrades, maintenance, problem diagnostics etc. You also get the ability to order parts direct from Glock at a discounted rate. Have not taken the course since they came out with the Gen 4's, so don't know what might have changed.

VT Gunner, if you are going to the course in Hampton NH at the end of March, see you there.

I just signed up to take the course so I could get the certificate as the security company I work for issues out glock 22s but the one office who was a certified glock armorer quit.
I just took a picture of my military ID and submitted it, thats all they needed. They will also allow security officers according to the site.