• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GO GET 'EM...Remington 700s at Walmart for $297

Hunt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2005
Tennessee
I guess it's close to deer season. A buddy calls this evening to tell my his myopia is acting up :) and that he sees a blued Remington 700 ADL with synthetic camo stock and cheapie scope for $297. Triggers were recalled and had the older X-Mark triggers. Chad may want to wait on shutting down the LRI Group Buy.

photo1_zpsb0426cb9.jpg

photo2_zps186e46f2.jpg

photo3_zps38b3a8a1.jpg

Last edited:
GO GET 'EM...Remington 700s at Walmart for $297

Can you get a UPC # from your buddy? Walmart's website is next to useless.

Last edited:
It's probably a local Walmart closeout. I picked up my last 2 700's this way. One Walmart had them for the usual $397, another for $300 even because they were old stock. Get 'em when you see 'em.

I checked with Wallyworld and here in an around Charleston,S.C. they go on sale tomm. for $279.. Along with the .308, 30-06, an .260 same gun just avail. calibers...

My neighborhood Wally World didn't have them. I'll have to call around Phoenix to find a few.

My local Walmart has a 30-06 and they said it was $379.Are yall finding that all calibers are the same price?

Yea bought one for my wife in Texas, $321.50 out the door. Trying to decide the least expensive detachable mag kit and stock for it! Any suggestions? I saw the PTG but it says it does not accept a bedded stock

Can anyone get proof/documentation from a Walmart they bought these at on the UPC#, Model #, price, etc (Flyer, Ad, I wish that I could print off the above pictures and it would work but I seriously doubt it). Just called around to local walmarts and they do not have any and walmarts that can order them can only order BDL and SPS 700's. These walmarts stated these guns are only bring sent to certain walmarts.

I called gander mountain and dicks and they stated they would match the price if I came in with proper proof/evidence/documentation. I asked what they needed and neither specified so it could be bologna on their end but worth a try....

Gander stated I had to be talking about the 770 I said no it is the 700 I am looking at the gun box and receipt and UPC for a Rem 700. Guy stated we sell that gun for $500.....

Got one today at a Walmart in Oregon, with no tax. Came to $297 and all they had was a .270, so that should be great for my next build in a 25-06! BAM
Where in OR, if you don't mind? I'm in Portland tomorrow and hoping to find one. I'm guessing you were more toward Hermiston/Pendleton.

anyone in ohio know where there are any for this price. all the ads i look at online just has the 770 for 297.

From what I understand is that walmart has some 700's and AR's on closeout,but not all the stores have closeout models.You just have to get lucky and hope one of your local stores has one.I called all the stores around me and none of them have any.They do have the none closeout 700's for $377 which is still not a bad price for a new action.

On last thing. Here's how they shoot after being sighted in with an untested load at 100 yards:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410917794.249333.jpg

Yeah, makes me a bit grouchy that Wal Mart is selling these complete rifles for over $100 less than Brownells' dealer price on bare actions. 'Course, Brownells hasn't had any actions to sell since the blasted trigger recall. Screw 'em - I'll save my $$ until I can afford another Bighorn.

After calling 12-15 walmarts and spending a good 2 hours combined on hold in doing so I have struck out..... Wish I could've found 1-2 at this pricing....

I wouldn't 100% relie on calling and asking if they have any. Alot of those workers have no idea of what they are talking about. A guy local to me called a day or two before I went in and bought one off the self. He was told they didn't have any.

I got a 7 mm for 297 plus tax 314.82 in Kentucky. They only had the one but I'm sure there are other walmarts around the central Kentucky area that have them. Plus I can get a 35 dollar rebate that's cheap for a 700