Go to online store for ammunition?

greg1147

ABH2
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2017
Virginia
Pretty amazing yesterday I was on TargetSports USA looking for some 22mag and 45acp for a buddy. Have membership, card on file....email comes in for CCI SV 22lr and time stamp not lagged on the minute. Boom instantly go and drop 2 each 500 round boxes in cart....site says 99+ available for both 500 bricks and 99+ 5000 bricks. Click 'Check out'.....literally 15-20 seconds has gone by. All sold out. Something seems awfully odd about that I guess it's possible that many people were online at the same time as me and bought all of it in under a minute? Seems like I may have been competing with these *bots* I have read about. It used to take 15 minutes or so for any given ammo to sell out and now it's down to under a minute? Either way my membership is up for renewal next month anyway so cancelled it there is no value in it *for me* to pay $100 bucks if I can't secure an order in under a minute when I'm literally on the web site already. Madness. What's even more nuts is that is only competing with membership folks b/c they don't push ammo sales out to non-members until 3 hours has passed. Oh well.....it do what it be. I'm sure a ton of the CCI will be for sale on GunBroker by next week.
Sounds like a replay from my last attempt to order. I have tried the same thing and shutout several times. I even emailed them and received some lame bull shit explanation. F off Target sports.

8pointer

Major Award Winner
Minuteman
  • Nov 20, 2018
    Sounds like a replay from my last attempt to order. I have tried the same thing and shutout several times. I even emailed them and received some lame bull shit explanation. F off Target sports.
    I'm not mad at them and I'll buy rimfire from them again one day when the world calms down. Just don't see any value paying a membership to get a shot at ammo first if they are overrun with automated purchasing bots....kind of like a donation at that point. Ammo world is a little too chaotic for me and it's only for rimfire the rest is reloading.....I'll live just a little disappointing. Win some ya lose some.

OldSalty2

Just a salty OG liberal.
    Minuteman
  • Aug 29, 2020
    Outdoorlimited seems to always have stock.

But ya going to pay for it :)

BigBlastin300win

Private
    Minuteman
    May 30, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I guess it is not an app will kinda. It is called discord. If anyone gets set up and needs help send me a private message and Ill show you where to go. It was super simple for me and you can get any kind of notifications you want. Projectiles, brass, primers, powder, etc, etc. Pretty handy and cool way more up to speed then most platforms.

mmcguckin1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2020
    Michigan
    I guess it is not an app will kinda. It is called discord. If anyone gets set up and needs help send me a private message and Ill show you where to go. It was super simple for me and you can get any kind of notifications you want. Projectiles, brass, primers, powder, etc, etc. Pretty handy and cool way more up to speed then most platforms.
    I’ll pm you about this.

pewpewfever

Spineless Peon
    Minuteman
    Mar 31, 2019
    DFW
    Some shooters laugh at them but a good quality air rifle can be a lot of fun to shoot.

When the foreign born biracial Marxist was in the White House fo4 eight years, I got really good at tuning spring powered air rifles. Once they are tuned and find the right pellet, you will be amazed at what they can do.

I use golf balls for targets for my rimfire rifles but don’t use them for air guns because the pellets will bounce off and fly back at the shooter.
    I think we are in the minority, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of high end air rifles and pistols and even some of the lower end stuff. In particular, I have a Thomas field target air rifle for competition and a SCBA tank for charging it. I also have a couple of Steyr LP10s and an indoor 10m air pistol range. I compete in SASS too so I’ve tried to duplicate the rifle and pistol portions of those stages using metal targets and single action air pistols and air rifles.

That said, there’s still nothing like pinging a 1200 yard target. But there will be time for that in years to come.

Triple D

Trigger Monkey
    Minuteman
    Aug 22, 2011
    Georgia

But unless you have a bot, discord is pretty useless for the high demand items.

acudaowner

Two Star General
    Minuteman
    Dec 26, 2018
    there is a lot to be said about living on a refresh button and getting lucky I've gotten a bit lucky picking up some powder , primers and bullets . but its not frequently enough to make me feel all warm and fuzzy about like watching grass grow waiting to strike the first weed as it shows it's self .

Ruger1300

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    May 15, 2020
    Hit up Walmart this morning on a whim and they had automatch at $17.89 a 325 rd brick and minimags at 8.79 for 100. The manager told me they had 3 cases of thunderbolts the week before and they were marked $9 a brick due to a computer error from when they clearanced them all out when Remington went under. I rarely go to the stores anymore but it feels like things are loosening up a bit.

Snuby642

Two Star General
    Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    223, 308 fgmm, 22lr, shot shells and more were still on the shelf at 1pm when I stopped by academy.

Limited 2 boxes.

Don't give into resellers.

Reactions: Jrs9898

Packfan

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Apr 2, 2021
    Reno, NV
    I don't seem to have any luck buying ammo on line as it is gone before I get to it. Before the panic I used Target Sports and Creedmoor a lot.

I have been looking for Hornady 6.5CM 140 ELD-M. It seems to be appearing in more places. Mile High Shooting has some in stock but they want $60.00 a box. $3.00 a round is too high for me. I was in the local Scheels the other day and found some on the shelf. It was fairly priced at $32.99 a box and I picked up 100 rounds which was the max allowed. It was gone by the time I left the department.

Reactions: Snuby642

JosefHeusmann

Private
    Minuteman
    May 24, 2021
    New York
    I happen to like SGAmmo, Midway (Only for certain things - I like the 62gr IMI they have.) I ordered pre "omg the fed is gonna take our guns" panic last spring.

JLTX

Private
    Minuteman
    Oct 28, 2020
    North Texas
    -Re TSU, lots of inventory notices this week for 308, 300, 6.5 and 9mm at prices at bit lower than recent offers.
    -LGS has been 3x supplied over the past week vs 2 months ago.
    -Lots of 140g ELDM 6.5cm in LGS and TSU this week. Running 1.78-2.00/rd

JAS-SH

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jun 5, 2020
    Just a heads up. I just bought 200 rounds of Hornady 6mm ARC 108gr Match for $300 including shipping. It's on the way FEDEX ground and I'll have it this next Wednesday. This from a small outfit in NC. They don't carry a lot of variety...

I was worried at first because I never got an order confirmation email (this was early Saturday) and as I said, it's a really small shop. Then I got an email today saying it was coming USPS. Then later today I got a FEDEX shipment notice, probably because I have a FEDEX account.

It's not here yet so we'll see what I get on Wednesday, but the price is good compared to what you can find right now at AMMOSEEK, which for 6mm ARC is not much. FWIW, the outfit is called Proven Arms & Outfitters, provenoutfitters.com .

From their about link:

"Our beginning starts in 2001 when Marine Corps Major David Hensley, while stationed at Marine Corps Base Quantico, opened a gun and gear store in the town of Quantico, VA. The small part-time store, opened Wednesday evenings and Saturdays, quickly gained an excellent reputation among the Military, Federal Agents and State/Local Law Enforcement throughout Northern VA and the DC area."

They are now in NC.

Last edited:

JAS-SH

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jun 5, 2020
    Just a heads up. I just bought 200 rounds of Hornady 6mm ARC 108gr Match for $300 including shipping. It's on the way FEDEX ground and I'll have it this next Wednesday. This from a small outfit in NC. They don't carry a lot of variety...

I was worried at first because I never got an order confirmation email (this was early Saturday) and as I said, it's a really small shop. Then I got an email today saying it was coming USPS. Then later today I got a FEDEX shipment notice, probably because I have a FEDEX account.

It's not here yet so we'll see what I get on Wednesday, but the price is good compared to what you can find right now at AMMOSEEK, which for 6mm ARC is not much. FWIW, the outfit is called Proven Arms & Outfitters, provenoutfitters.com .

From their about link:
    "Our beginning starts in 2001 when Marine Corps Major David Hensley, while stationed at Marine Corps Base Quantico, opened a gun and gear store in the town of Quantico, VA. The small part-time store, opened Wednesday evenings and Saturdays, quickly gained an excellent reputation among the Military, Federal Agents and State/Local Law Enforcement throughout Northern VA and the DC area."

They are now in NC.

I go the shipment today via FEDEX - ordered last Saturday. Total cost $300.00 - $29.00/Box and $10.00 Shipping. I'm quite satisfied (y)...

I had never seen the 6mm ARC in person (new rifle is still in the production queue). First thing that came to mind "miniaturization"! I'm used to larger rifle cartridges. This thing is like a miniature centerfire round! Pic attached:

i-Zcr7Zw7-XL.jpg

tesoro

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    May 27, 2012
    Brookings, Oregon
    After having sold off my extensive loading gear ( due to move to the coast = rust) I am now migrating to 223 and 308 for all my shooting/hunting cartridges due to ammo availability and affordability. As an example, I looked this am at Palmetto and it had plenty of 308 from great to range quality from 2.50 to a 1.00 per rd, BUT it had no 7-08 in stock ( my previous favorite go to hunting round). I dont see things getting better in the future.

Reactions: BAMAboy18

BAMAboy18

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Oct 11, 2020
    Anybody deal with this outfit?
    They only sell 500 round boxes, but at some pretty good prices for Russian plinking fodder.