• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Go to online store for ammunition?

Pretty amazing yesterday I was on TargetSports USA looking for some 22mag and 45acp for a buddy. Have membership, card on file....email comes in for CCI SV 22lr and time stamp not lagged on the minute. Boom instantly go and drop 2 each 500 round boxes in cart....site says 99+ available for both 500 bricks and 99+ 5000 bricks. Click 'Check out'.....literally 15-20 seconds has gone by. All sold out. Something seems awfully odd about that I guess it's possible that many people were online at the same time as me and bought all of it in under a minute? Seems like I may have been competing with these *bots* I have read about. It used to take 15 minutes or so for any given ammo to sell out and now it's down to under a minute? Either way my membership is up for renewal next month anyway so cancelled it there is no value in it *for me* to pay $100 bucks if I can't secure an order in under a minute when I'm literally on the web site already. Madness. What's even more nuts is that is only competing with membership folks b/c they don't push ammo sales out to non-members until 3 hours has passed. Oh well.....it do what it be. I'm sure a ton of the CCI will be for sale on GunBroker by next week.
Sounds like a replay from my last attempt to order. I have tried the same thing and shutout several times. I even emailed them and received some lame bull shit explanation. F off Target sports.

Sounds like a replay from my last attempt to order. I have tried the same thing and shutout several times. I even emailed them and received some lame bull shit explanation. F off Target sports.
I'm not mad at them and I'll buy rimfire from them again one day when the world calms down. Just don't see any value paying a membership to get a shot at ammo first if they are overrun with automated purchasing bots....kind of like a donation at that point. Ammo world is a little too chaotic for me and it's only for rimfire the rest is reloading.....I'll live just a little disappointing. Win some ya lose some.

Outdoorlimited seems to always have stock.

But ya going to pay for it :)

I guess it is not an app will kinda. It is called discord. If anyone gets set up and needs help send me a private message and Ill show you where to go. It was super simple for me and you can get any kind of notifications you want. Projectiles, brass, primers, powder, etc, etc. Pretty handy and cool way more up to speed then most platforms.

I guess it is not an app will kinda. It is called discord. If anyone gets set up and needs help send me a private message and Ill show you where to go. It was super simple for me and you can get any kind of notifications you want. Projectiles, brass, primers, powder, etc, etc. Pretty handy and cool way more up to speed then most platforms.
I’ll pm you about this.

Some shooters laugh at them but a good quality air rifle can be a lot of fun to shoot.

When the foreign born biracial Marxist was in the White House fo4 eight years, I got really good at tuning spring powered air rifles. Once they are tuned and find the right pellet, you will be amazed at what they can do.

I use golf balls for targets for my rimfire rifles but don’t use them for air guns because the pellets will bounce off and fly back at the shooter.
I think we are in the minority, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of high end air rifles and pistols and even some of the lower end stuff. In particular, I have a Thomas field target air rifle for competition and a SCBA tank for charging it. I also have a couple of Steyr LP10s and an indoor 10m air pistol range. I compete in SASS too so I’ve tried to duplicate the rifle and pistol portions of those stages using metal targets and single action air pistols and air rifles.

That said, there’s still nothing like pinging a 1200 yard target. But there will be time for that in years to come.

But unless you have a bot, discord is pretty useless for the high demand items.

there is a lot to be said about living on a refresh button and getting lucky I've gotten a bit lucky picking up some powder , primers and bullets . but its not frequently enough to make me feel all warm and fuzzy about like watching grass grow waiting to strike the first weed as it shows it's self .

Hit up Walmart this morning on a whim and they had automatch at $17.89 a 325 rd brick and minimags at 8.79 for 100. The manager told me they had 3 cases of thunderbolts the week before and they were marked $9 a brick due to a computer error from when they clearanced them all out when Remington went under. I rarely go to the stores anymore but it feels like things are loosening up a bit.

223, 308 fgmm, 22lr, shot shells and more were still on the shelf at 1pm when I stopped by academy.

Limited 2 boxes.

Don't give into resellers.

Reactions: Jrs9898
I don't seem to have any luck buying ammo on line as it is gone before I get to it. Before the panic I used Target Sports and Creedmoor a lot.

I have been looking for Hornady 6.5CM 140 ELD-M. It seems to be appearing in more places. Mile High Shooting has some in stock but they want $60.00 a box. $3.00 a round is too high for me. I was in the local Scheels the other day and found some on the shelf. It was fairly priced at $32.99 a box and I picked up 100 rounds which was the max allowed. It was gone by the time I left the department.

Reactions: Snuby642
I happen to like SGAmmo, Midway (Only for certain things - I like the 62gr IMI they have.) I ordered pre "omg the fed is gonna take our guns" panic last spring.

-Re TSU, lots of inventory notices this week for 308, 300, 6.5 and 9mm at prices at bit lower than recent offers.
-LGS has been 3x supplied over the past week vs 2 months ago.
-Lots of 140g ELDM 6.5cm in LGS and TSU this week. Running 1.78-2.00/rd

Just a heads up. I just bought 200 rounds of Hornady 6mm ARC 108gr Match for $300 including shipping. It's on the way FEDEX ground and I'll have it this next Wednesday. This from a small outfit in NC. They don't carry a lot of variety...

I was worried at first because I never got an order confirmation email (this was early Saturday) and as I said, it's a really small shop. Then I got an email today saying it was coming USPS. Then later today I got a FEDEX shipment notice, probably because I have a FEDEX account.

It's not here yet so we'll see what I get on Wednesday, but the price is good compared to what you can find right now at AMMOSEEK, which for 6mm ARC is not much. FWIW, the outfit is called Proven Arms & Outfitters, provenoutfitters.com .

From their about link:

"Our beginning starts in 2001 when Marine Corps Major David Hensley, while stationed at Marine Corps Base Quantico, opened a gun and gear store in the town of Quantico, VA. The small part-time store, opened Wednesday evenings and Saturdays, quickly gained an excellent reputation among the Military, Federal Agents and State/Local Law Enforcement throughout Northern VA and the DC area."

They are now in NC.

Last edited:
Just a heads up. I just bought 200 rounds of Hornady 6mm ARC 108gr Match for $300 including shipping. It's on the way FEDEX ground and I'll have it this next Wednesday. This from a small outfit in NC. They don't carry a lot of variety...

I was worried at first because I never got an order confirmation email (this was early Saturday) and as I said, it's a really small shop. Then I got an email today saying it was coming USPS. Then later today I got a FEDEX shipment notice, probably because I have a FEDEX account.

It's not here yet so we'll see what I get on Wednesday, but the price is good compared to what you can find right now at AMMOSEEK, which for 6mm ARC is not much. FWIW, the outfit is called Proven Arms & Outfitters, provenoutfitters.com .

From their about link:
"Our beginning starts in 2001 when Marine Corps Major David Hensley, while stationed at Marine Corps Base Quantico, opened a gun and gear store in the town of Quantico, VA. The small part-time store, opened Wednesday evenings and Saturdays, quickly gained an excellent reputation among the Military, Federal Agents and State/Local Law Enforcement throughout Northern VA and the DC area."

They are now in NC.

I go the shipment today via FEDEX - ordered last Saturday. Total cost $300.00 - $29.00/Box and $10.00 Shipping. I'm quite satisfied (y)...

I had never seen the 6mm ARC in person (new rifle is still in the production queue). First thing that came to mind "miniaturization"! I'm used to larger rifle cartridges. This thing is like a miniature centerfire round! Pic attached:

i-Zcr7Zw7-XL.jpg

After having sold off my extensive loading gear ( due to move to the coast = rust) I am now migrating to 223 and 308 for all my shooting/hunting cartridges due to ammo availability and affordability. As an example, I looked this am at Palmetto and it had plenty of 308 from great to range quality from 2.50 to a 1.00 per rd, BUT it had no 7-08 in stock ( my previous favorite go to hunting round). I dont see things getting better in the future.

Reactions: BAMAboy18
Anybody deal with this outfit?
They only sell 500 round boxes, but at some pretty good prices for Russian plinking fodder.

Someone posted https://bulkammunitionhub.com on a precision rifle Facebook page. I performed a reverse lookup on the company address and found a real estate listing for a small house in Livonia Michigan. I don't think I am going to be placing an order with them.

Be careful where you place your orders.

Reactions: Palehorse68
Certainly the common ammos are going down in price and are easier to find now.

But does anybody here have some factory loaded 6.5 grendel they would be willing to let go? I would prefer the federal fusion stuff or anything with a bonded bullet.

I have some M855 in cans/420 rnds. Wasn't willing to ship, but I might if you ask. I'm not gonna post a link to my for sale ad, maybe posting this is against the rules, but you can easily search my username. PM me as well. Someone let me know if I'm breaking any rules. Just wanting to help others and myself out. :)

Could just be the calm before the storm, but lately ammo seems to be in good supply in my AOR:

i-69RsWFK.jpg

…and that was late in the day, long after all the folks there to buy when the store opens had done their pillaging routine. Several 6.5C and 300WM options, and two flavors of 300PRC! Still a bit overpriced, but it’s coming back.

Hell, Cabela’s even had 300WSM! At that price I just bought a couple boxes though…

i-GBG9x6H.jpg

Could just be the calm before the storm, but lately ammo seems to be in good supply in my AOR:

i-69RsWFK.jpg

…and that was late in the day, long after all the folks there to buy when the store opens had done their pillaging routine. Several 6.5C and 300WM options, and two flavors of 300PRC! Still a bit overpriced, but it’s coming back.

Hell, Cabela’s even had 300WSM! At that price I just bought a couple boxes though…

i-GBG9x6H.jpg

No payments for 60 months?

SG Ammo for years. Has anyone noticed that Midway has not had a free shipping offer since 1/27? Seems the board out there is getting greedier. Don't buy from them until they knock off this 'experiment'. BTW - Sam at SG trialed free shipping for $200 or more a few months ago and stuck with it. No one can beat his packaging, extra good UPS shipping with exact alerts on your stuff and what he gets in stock. He used to advertise being the lowest prices on the net but he's gotten a tad pricy depending. As for TargetSports I just do not like subscription services and that $95 a year to belong to their 'Prime' membership to get free shipping and product alerts others don't get is why I stay away.

SG Ammo for years. Has anyone noticed that Midway has not had a free shipping offer since 1/27? Seems the board out there is getting greedier. Don't buy from them until they knock off this 'experiment'. BTW - Sam at SG trialed free shipping for $200 or more a few months ago and stuck with it. No one can beat his packaging, extra good UPS shipping with exact alerts on your stuff and what he gets in stock. He used to advertise being the lowest prices on the net but he's gotten a tad pricy depending. As for TargetSports I just do not like subscription services and that $95 a year to belong to their 'Prime' membership to get free shipping and product alerts others don't get is why I stay away.
Sam can keep his ammo. that we have to pay shipping on something I could stop in and pick up is why I'll just buy it from other people. No sense in spending the extra when I can get free shipping with lower prices elsewhere.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Sam can keep his ammo. that we have to pay shipping on something I could stop in and pick up is why I'll just buy it from other people. No sense in spending the extra when I can get free shipping with lower prices elsewhere.
Your lucky that you live somewhere where you can do that. That said try to get MEN German military 556 at your local store. Awesome stuff. No comparison between it and Winchester 150 pack LC. Yes the LC is fine but the MEN is art for about the same price. Also try to get 50 boxes of LE Federal HSTs at your local store. You'll find consumer 20 boxes for 95% of the price.

^ I placed an order from Midway on 18 FEB. Free shipping over $49.
Agreed but I will tell you that they were turning it on every week. They haven't in over three weeks. They used to always have it on during weekends starting Friday. Go look now.

Throughout Covid Midway has had more powder than Brownells. Suddenly they have one selection (Ramshot Silhouette) vs Brownells 23 options as of this writing.

Something is going on there for sure. Looking a lot like Cabelas after Bass Pro 'really' took over. Meanwhile Brownells keeps their discount codes working.

Last edited:
Did you read the description on this junk? It says it's Tula. It's 'zinc?' plated steel and below it says it's brass cased. Zinc is not slippery like nickel. It's got to be a coating to hide something. It's quite the task to find junkier ammo to feed your rig. What the heck is range friendly ammo?
It is zinc coated steel CASES topped with "brass jacketed" BULLETS. They aren't hiding anything.

Reading....it's fundamental.

"Range friendly" means it is not steel jacketed which many ranges prohibit.

I haven't tried the Sgt Maj stuff but I really like the Silver Bear zinc coated ammo. I have found it to have ZERO chamber sticking issues in a 5.56 unlike the usual lacquer or poly coated stuff..

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
It is zinc coated steel CASES topped with "brass jacketed" BULLETS. They aren't hiding anything.

Reading....it's fundamental.

"Range friendly" means it is not steel jacketed which many ranges prohibit.

I haven't tried the Sgt Maj stuff but I really like the Silver Bear zinc coated ammo. I have found it to have ZERO chamber sticking issues in a 5.56 unlike the usual lacquer or poly coated stuff..
I understand it’s the case and not the bullet. Some ranges prohibit steel ‘core’ bullets like the M855. If you’re shooting steel jacket bullets I hope you own a barrel factory. Bimetal jacketed bullets contain part steel. They will reduce AR barrel life to less than 5k rounds so your not saving anything using that junk. I’ve been doing this a long time. Spend a little extra for brass.

I understand it’s the case and not the bullet. Some ranges prohibit steel ‘core’ bullets like the M855. If you’re shooting steel jacket bullets I hope you own a barrel factory. Bimetal jacketed bullets contain part steel. They will reduce AR barrel life to less than 5k rounds so your not saving anything using that junk. I’ve been doing this a long time. Spend a little extra for brass.
Many ranges prohibit the bi-metal jacketed rounds as well with the magnet check. And I guess I should have typed slower to make it clearer to you that the bi-metal was what I was referring to when I said "steel".

You still don't seem to get that the "brass" part of the ammo description is concerning the bullet's jacket and has nothing to do with the case. Zinc, while not slippery as you say, is used to prevent the steel cases from rusting. It does a good job of that without the chamber buildup the lacquer or poly coated cases induce.

Actually quite a few people have done the math and you save far more shooting the steel cased ammo than a barrel is going to cost you. Now that is for a run of the mill AR barrel and not some precision rifle set up.

And I ain't exactly new to this stuff either cupcake.

Last edited:
Really? What happen to some semblance of decorum.

Calling some random shit head "cupcake" is pretty egregious especially over some shitty steel cased ammo that I don't think anyone can reload.

The bear pit has degenerated horribly since the current communist regime has taken over America.

Last edited:
I don't seem to have any luck buying ammo on line as it is gone before I get to it. Before the panic I used Target Sports and Creedmoor a lot.

I have been looking for Hornady 6.5CM 140 ELD-M. It seems to be appearing in more places. Mile High Shooting has some in stock but they want $60.00 a box. $3.00 a round is too high for me. I was in the local Scheels the other day and found some on the shelf. It was fairly priced at $32.99 a box and I picked up 100 rounds which was the max allowed. It was gone by the time I left the department.
Hey @Packfan

Mile High still has it in stock, and lowered their price.

Many ranges prohibit the bi-metal jacketed rounds as well with the magnet check. And I guess I should have typed slower to make it clearer to you that the bi-metal was what I was referring to when I said "steel".

You still don't seem t get that the "brass" part of the ammo description is concerning the bullet's jacket and has nothing to do with the case. Zinc, while not slippery as you say, is used to prevent the steel cases from rusting. It does a good job of that without the chamber buildup the lacquer or poly coated cases induce.

Actually quite a few people have done the math and you save far more shooting the steel cased ammo than a barrel is going to cost you. Now that is for a run of the mill AR barrel and not some precision rifle set up.

And I ain't exactly new to this stuff either cupcake.
I understand steel cases. I've bought a few - Hornady in the 55 Grain and 75 grain Steel Match Line - and I know about the many discussions about whether or not they cause excessive wear to ARs. I was just trying to be helpful as I have always found that the reason Russian ammo is super cheap is because it's made cheaply. In addition to production costs it does have to be imported and shipped overseas so that means shipping and duties to get it here. LC does not have to do any of this and and yet the Russian stuff is still far cheaper. Why? It's simply you get what you pay for. Tula as you say uses polymers and zinc electroplating to prevent oxidation of the steel cases however they 'do' also mention the increased slipperiness of zinc in their write up as well - 'Sergeant Major Munition incorporates clean burning powder with self-lubricating zinc-plated steel cases'. I'm not a metallurgist (nor a cupcake) but I don't think it's more slippery than steel and I know it's nowhere near as slippery as nickel. Tula also uses cheap sooty powders and bimetal bullets that cause excess barrel wear. Forget I said anything.

Your lucky that you live somewhere where you can do that. That said try to get MEN German military 556 at your local store. Awesome stuff. No comparison between it and Winchester 150 pack LC. Yes the LC is fine but the MEN is art for about the same price. Also try to get 50 boxes of LE Federal HSTs at your local store. You'll find consumer 20 boxes for 95% of the price.

There are so many options available than using SG Ammo.
I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years but something changed around 2017.
They started playing fuck fuck games with shipping.
When you're spending $1,000's a year on shipping you pay attention.

I have a handful of companies that I deal with because each one only has certain things I want.
I don't mind doing it this way because the savings and service is worth it

Reactions: TmisterE
There are so many options available than using SG Ammo.
I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years but something changed around 2017.
They started playing fuck fuck games with shipping.
When you're spending $1,000's a year on shipping you pay attention.

I have a handful of companies that I deal with because each one only has certain things I want.
I don't mind doing it this way because the savings and service is worth it
All the emails I get from Sam say free shipping....

But it's all good to have options.

Just be careful, a lot of scammers out there building websites and taking crypto.

Ammoseek seems to flesh out the douche bags pretty well.