• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Go to online store for ammunition?

LRSHOOTER0311

Green Eyed Devil
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2018
What are your "go to" online stores for ammunition? best shipping and prices, obviously.

I agree on Target Sports USA. Good prices, prompt delivery and free shipping on cases. I've used them for years.

I just checked Target Sports USA and your right, prices are cheaper than I've found anywhere and free shipping included.

Reactions: sandwarrior
Thanks for info gents! As of right now, I can’t find anyone to beat Target Sports pricing and shipping.

Reactions: TACC
Recently bought Federal Auto Match .22LR at PSA. $14.99 per 325 rounds. Least expensive I could find. IIRC, Bud's had the same price, but shipping was double.

Reactions: kbiss
Specific ammo choice could help.

R

Yep. For my biggest need, Hornady 6.5 CM 140 ELD-M, Outdoor Limited is usually the cheapest to the door, even though they don't have free shipping. But as said by others, I go through AmmoSeek to find the best deal. It just usually happens to be Outdoor Limited for that product.

Ammoman.com used to be the place.

I picked up 200rds of Hornady 6.5CM American Gunner from Sportsman's Warehouse for $139 shipped today. Thought that was a pretty good deal. If it holds 1MOA or better I'll be pretty happy!

Reactions: Frankly
Ammunitionstore.com is my go to. Did a quick comparison and the some of the items I looked at( case quantities) were cheaper there than Target Sports, but I don't believe they offer any free shipping. They are local to me, so I can pick up from the warehouse and can't speak to their service from a shipping standpoint. I have never had an issue in all of my dealings with them though..

Reactions: Gunny G
I’ve used sgammo.com in the past and had great transactions. From looking recently, it seems that TargetSports has great prices/availability, so I’ll likely try them next.

Reactions: Gunny G and TACC
Target Sports USA.
Just got a case today of .380acp $243 shipped to my door.
Dang they were selling Remington buckets of 380acp, last summer for $85-90ish per 500. I loaded up cause I wouldn’t reload for my wife’s 380 for that...but I’m a prime member

My wife loves her sig 238. Can’t get her to carry a 9mm, she love the little thing too much. I figure if that’s what she comfortable shooting, prob best.

Based on numerous positive comments about Target Sports, I checked them out for Fiocchi .22lr subsonic. They were about 7.7 cents per round. I checked Ammoseek and found the same thing from "Ammoman" for 6.2 cents per round. Ammoman shipping costs were slightly higher, but total delivered cost was still cheaper than Target. I went ahead and bought 2,000 rounds from Ammoman. I use Ammoseek all the time. In the back of my mind, I may have heard something negative about Ammoman, but not sure. I figured I'll give them a try and see how they do.

Based on numerous positive comments about Target Sports, I checked them out for Fiocchi .22lr subsonic. They were about 7.7 cents per round. I checked Ammoseek and found the same thing from "Ammoman" for 6.2 cents per round. Ammoman shipping costs were slightly higher, but total delivered cost was still cheaper than Target. I went ahead and bought 2,000 rounds from Ammoman. I use Ammoseek all the time. In the back of my mind, I may have heard something negative about Ammoman, but not sure. I figured I'll give them a try and see how they do.

I tend to price-shop, but will shy away from poor past performers, and give the nod more often than not to those whose word is their bond and who don't stuff boxes like they're crazed bonobo monkeys.

Ammoman has been around for a long time, internetwise. Long enough to have argued with people on other forums. I have bought from Erik often in the past with no problem. Never had to test his customer service. If I remember correctly, most of his issues have arisen from firearm transactions.

Targetsports has just become a simple easy company to default to.

Reactions: TACC

Edit; Sorry guys, I completely screwed that up. Where I said "Ammoman", I actually meant "Ammoking". Sorry for the confusion.

Ammoman.com used to be the place.
yeah, used to. from what i've seen, not the best prices, sometimes by a fair amount, in the last couple of years.

as noted above, generally targetsportsusa has the lowest delivered price, at least on case prices. but always check ammoseek or gunbot just in case.

last couple of batches of hornady 6.5creed i've gotten from brownells, was on sale plus their general 10% free ship codes made for some good prices.

I shop. Sg ammo for my aks. Good prices on Winchester right now in 40 and 45. Target sport has over run hst 40 at a real good price. Armsunlimited for Winchester t. Bonefrog has best overall price on tap and hst. Massammo also good prices. Palmetto state with weekend deals can be cheaper sometimes. Have ordered from all of them. No problems

I tend to price-shop, but will shy away from poor past performers, and give the nod more often than not to those whose word is their bond and who don't stuff boxes like they're crazed bonobo monkeys.

Huh? :)

1519151555065.png

Target Sports bout 99.9% of the time. I like not being disappointed and I'll pay a bit for that simple luxury and peace of mind. ;)

I just signed up on Targetsports, and in 30 minutes I had phishing emails that somehow got past my spam filter and ended up in my Inbox. Wtf. I'm not sure if it's related to targetsports or not, but be careful if you sign up on there then end up with some fake apple Id and paypal emails. I rarely ever get shit like that. I don't think it's a coincidence.

I have lately been buying all my ammo from Outdoor Limited, they have the cheapest prices I can find, Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor 140 ELDM 200 round case for $224.90 (1.12 per round) they do charge shipping but for me shipping to Washington State is around $20.00. this is still cheaper than any place I can find, Target Sports is $259.90 for the same ammo with free shipping, Outdoor Limited is still cheaper with shipping, I have never had any kind of issue with them fast shipping and always done right.

I use freedommunitions.com for most of my plinking ammo, I've never had a problem with them or their ammo. I usually order when they ae having free shipping specials. they can be a bit slow in shipping so not a good choice if you need it quickly. I haven't used any of there hunting type ammo since I load most of that myself.

Target Sports USA also has free shipping on case lots. Outdoor Limited is real close to TS prices after you add shipping.
Both are great.

Reactions: PJPS3 and TACC