• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GoFund Me for a tragic loss

Douglas-001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2012
50 miles west of Camp Perry
I know Kevyn personally. He attended grade school with my daughter. I knew they were expecting (their 2nd) and then I found out the horrific news from my daughter as they have kept in touch over the years. The fundraiser is in place thanks to a close family friend out in Montana where he is stationed as a crew chief on a C-130. (Previous to that, he was with the 180th locally - there is a possibility some members may know him, or been stationed at one of these bases.) My family has donated and I asked a moderator if it would acceptable to share the link here with members in an attempt to help them reach that financial goal. The page is brief, but it is legit. Take a look and maybe you can help. I'm sure they would be grateful. I know that many members are prayerful and those prayers are also absolutely needed for this young family. Take care, be well and stay safe!

Doug

• Sad
Reactions: 338 Mollett
Neither you or the GFM says what the problem is. Can you elaborate?

It’s on the GFM page. You have to click on the “read more “ button.

Reactions: Maggot
The baby died the go fund me is to cover funeral expenses. I will donate.

Reactions: Maggot
On August 2nd, Stacey and Kevyn welcomed their daughter Aspen into this world. However, this beautiful, healthy baby was unable to produce a specific protein in her lungs. This condition is extremely rare and without a cure. Aspen was delivered into the arms of Jesus at just 25 days old.

We are asking for donations to help ease the financial burden during this unexplainable tragedy. Flights, hotels, hospital stays, food, gas, mercy flight, funeral, and memorial costs.

While we cannot change the outcome or fix their pain and hurt, we can lend a hand and let them know that their friends and family are here.

A sincere thank you to all members who have been able to contribute monetarily, and or with prayer. I heard from Kevyn today and they are grateful. Rest assured that you fellow members are included in prayer as well.

I have seen many members rally around noble causes on this forum. Truly unique and exceptional. I believe that is what helps to set this site apart from all the others. I have also seen outlandish and crude remarks on many topics. I never expected a member to offer honest prayers only to follow it up with a completely inappropriate remark about squirrels. (misplaced jocularity?) That is not the kind of traction anybody wants.

Once again a thank you for any and all positive contributions.

A sincere thank you to all members who have been able to contribute monetarily, and or with prayer. I heard from Kevyn today and they are grateful. Rest assured that you fellow members are included in prayer as well.

I have seen many members rally around noble causes on this forum. Truly unique and exceptional. I believe that is what helps to set this site apart from all the others. I have also seen outlandish and crude remarks on many topics. I never expected a member to offer honest prayers only to follow it up with a completely inappropriate remark about squirrels. (misplaced jocularity?) That is not the kind of traction anybody wants.

Once again a thank you for any and all positive contributions.
No, not jocularity! A plea for the squirrel mafia. Check out what they are doing for Bo Galloway.

Indeed I am familiar with the Bo Galloway thread but never made the connection with a "squirrel mafia". To be honest, I didn't even know that was an actual "club" or organization so to speak. Thought it was some kind of running inside joke.....I was out of line and do apologize to Jscb1b.

Reactions: Jscb1b