• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Going for my first APA

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I bought a rifle from a friend of mine I met through the Hide.

A police marksman from FL. It started as a factory Rem LTR. He sent it to Jared for the following.

Skim/pillar bed into a Manners T2
Flute bolt
Rb trigger
Badger DBM
Badger bolt knob and 20 moa rail
More

I then had Dimensions do a wicked paint job and mounted a Schmidt 4-16x50.
I am now going to send it back to jared for full APA treatment. True the action and install a broughton #6 barrel plus more. I decided not to have it fluted. Plus his accuracy testing to get the logo. Am I missing anything?

Here is the rifle now.

gadsdenrifle005.jpg

Re: Going for my first APA

No sir, you arent missing anything. Every time i see this stock I stare at it for at least one minute.

Now that is my kind of paint job!! Kinda like Arizona is my kind of people!

Hydro that sounds about right what you got in mind. One thing thats a MCS-T2
wink.gif

Thanks Deadly. Looking forward to it. APA's attention to detail on the rifles I have seen has been amazing. Costly, but I believe you get what you pay for.

And yes, I wrote T4, but clearly, no butt hook, it is a T2

Hes the only smith I go to! I wanted my Broughton fluted but after talking to Jered about it Broughton actually prefers not to flute their barrels. Wait till you get it back its going to be a outstanding shooter!

Love the stock work bro, Jeremy has some serious skill.

+1 on the non-fluting of the Braughton barrel. Jared and Dave built a tremendous rifle for me a few months ago, went with a modified contour to save weight vs fluting. Turned out to be an excellent move.

I've got 3 APA built or modified/barreled rifles and they all shoot lights out. You'll be pleased!

David

My .308 is there as we speak.. will have the new APA bottom metal plus new barrel! I cant wait to get it back and get some range time behind it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cav1993</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be prepared to be a repeat customer....... </div></div>

Ain't that the truth.

Well, IF it was my rifle, while I was at it, I'd go with a longer barrel, but that's just me. I got all the stubbbies I need in semi-autos, for Bolt actions, I'd go longer. 24-26"
Beautiful rifle, I'm envious.

OOPS, now I see you are going for a Broughton #6, so please disregard the barrel length comments and enjoy what is going to be an awesome stick!

It's your rifle, set it up how you want it. That's the cool part. Again, enjoy and I'm envious.

You will love the work APA does! They are top notch guys!

Dimensions? Jeremy? More information on who painted the stock for you. Thank you.

They definitely make a quality rifle. I drooled over ZLBubba's APA build last month. Awesome stick ... AICS/Badger/Broughton. IIRC he was shooting clover leafs at 100 yards and complaining that he was "having trouble with the load" he was using. I guess anything less than bug holes is unacceptable with that thing.
laugh.gif
When I outgrow the Savage, an APA/Badger build with USO glass is number 1 on the list for an upgrade. Damn that's a heavy bitch, though.
frown.gif

You cannot go wrong with APA. They do phenomenal work.