• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GOLD

View attachment 8387407

New high almost every day, or at least every week lately. I’m “making money” off this run, but frankly this scares the shit out of me.

My 401K and other investments, especially what I call my “Zombie” fund…shares of physical gold holdings (“paper gold”), silver, and other commodities, plus some mining, and other stocks directly related to precious metals.

That’s been “green” for a very long time now.

This also has me quietly shitting bricks.
It is scaring a lot of folks who are cognizant of what is going on around the world. I look at gold as a barometer of fear factor and a harbinger of things to come.

Congrats on your investments and wisdom in a world that has lost its' mind. Wish I had done what you have.

All eyes are on the fed now in the hopes of a rate cut................absolute insanity if they do, and they probably will in the near future. If they don't cut in their next meeting, I think gold will come down a lot. A real buy! buy! buy baby! moment for guys like you I think. There is just no way that we get out of this insane financial mess thanks to modern monetary theory. It has to all come crashing down.

I actually will be glad if all of my ramblings turn out to be false and we get back to financial sanity.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Gold is not rising so much as the dollar is falling.

To the extent the dollar can [and ultimately will] fall to ZERO, gold can rise an almost unlimited amount relative to the dollar.

We may reach a point where it takes $500,000 to buy one ounce of gold because the dollar is so colossally worthless.

"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value, zero." Voltaire

I don't have a direct line on seeing the future and I cannot say if the dollar will die today, tomorrow, two months from now, four years from now, six years from now, but I do know the dollar has lost about 99.2% of its value since the inception of the Federal Reserve when gold was $20 per ounce, and it will ultimately lose the full 100% of its value.

$20 [price of one ounce of gold in 1913] / $2288 [price of one ounce of gold today]. The US Dollar is worth 8/10ths of 1% of what it was worth in 1913. In essence the Dollar is completely worthless.

If somebody took 99.2 of your life savings you wouldn't say, "I have not been robbed blind because I still have 8/10ths of 1% left!" you would [rightly] insist, "he has taken everything, I have been robbed blind!"

The United States Dollar is essentially worthless.

It is reflect in our legal system as well. If you read about defamation cases or real estate disputes in the era of 1870 to 1910, you see cases where a $500 dollar defamation judgment is a big deal, a dispute over a farm valued at $2,000 is a major matter, you read that an acre of arable crop land was $1-$2 per acre with pasture land being $0.30 or $0.50 per acre. Now most states have "small claims" courts that have upper limits of $5,000 to $15,000 dollars, because those amounts are considered relatively insignificant.

For those of you tracking gold on the 24 hour a day market... Notice how many times, while America sleeps, the price of gold us up and the volume is down.. Not every night, but many. As the markets in America open the price falls. Strictly a guess on my part, but I tend to think this is when the trading of "paper gold" kicks in (around 6 am) and the market can be more easily manipulated. Basically what I am seeing is the "spread" between physical gold (at night) and paper gold (daytime)...
JMHO

1712148686765.png

It is scaring a lot of folks who are cognizant of what is going on around the world. I look at gold as a barometer of fear factor and a harbinger of things to come.

Congrats on your investments and wisdom in a world that has lost its' mind. Wish I had done what you have.

All eyes are on the fed now in the hopes of a rate cut................absolute insanity if they do, and they probably will in the near future. If they don't cut in their next meeting, I think gold will come down a lot. A real buy! buy! buy baby! moment for guys like you I think. There is just no way that we get out of this insane financial mess thanks to modern monetary theory. It has to all come crashing down.

I actually will be glad if all of my ramblings turn out to be false and we get back to financial sanity.

I hope the Dollar collapses and completely dies. It needs to end. I want to see the government unable to finance the welfare and warfare state.

It will be extremely painful, but the collapse and unraveling of a ponzi scheme is always painful.

We won't get back to financial sanity until the United States Dollar is completely discredited, the national debt is repudiated, and the United States Dollar is no longer accepted as legal tender for the payment of any debts.

The Fed has printed trillions of fed USD into circulation and is financing the means by which a handful of people are buying up the world's assets with paper. I want to see that paper treated like toilet paper or wallpaper.

I hope for a collapse because the alternative is to keep fueling and propping up a dishonest system that we know is wickedly dishonest just to avoid the pain of having to go through a collapse. It is like staying in an abusive relationship to avoid the blow up that will inevitably come when you try to leave.

“Paper money” one place the FederalReserveNote will excel in the future of both Au\Ag is the ability to wipe your ass clean with it, gold and silver not so much.
It appears the rest of the world is becoming weary of financing the Biden Clown Show. After many years of trusting "what backs the USD" they are concluding it is backed by a circus. This is reflected in the buying power of the USD.

It appears the rest of the world is becoming weary of financing the Biden Clown Show. After many years of trusting "what backs the USD" they are concluding it is backed by a circus. This is reflected in the buying power of the USD.

From about 1915 to 2020 the USD was backed up by the barrel of a gun. Specifically, the elite clique that owns and runs the USA made it known, "accept holding billions and trillions of dollars and allow us to use worthless paper we printed into existence to buy up your natural resources, or else we'll send our troops into your country and take you out."

A classmate in an undergrad engineering class once summed it up, "the United States military is a mercenary force for the world's rich."

Saddam and Gaddafi didn't want to play the US Dollar game, look how it ended for them.

When the USD finally goes down, the entire world is going to be lined up and waiting for payback on the USA because of what was done by the ruling elite of the USA over the last 100+ years.

The era of the USA being able to practice "Carrier Strike Group Dollar Diplomacy" of parking an aircraft carrier group off of the coast of some group of nations and conveying the general message of "keep accepting our dollars and holding our debt or else" is coming to an end.

I hope the Dollar collapses and completely dies. It needs to end. I want to see the government unable to finance the welfare and warfare state.

It will be extremely painful, but the collapse and unraveling of a ponzi scheme is always painful.

We won't get back to financial sanity until the United States Dollar is completely discredited, the national debt is repudiated, and the United States Dollar is no longer accepted as legal tender for the payment of any debts.

The Fed has printed trillions of fed USD into circulation and is financing the means by which a handful of people are buying up the world's assets with paper. I want to see that paper treated like toilet paper or wallpaper.

I hope for a collapse because the alternative is to keep fueling and propping up a dishonest system that we know is wickedly dishonest just to avoid the pain of having to go through a collapse. It is like staying in an abusive relationship to avoid the blow up that will inevitably come when you try to leave.

You do realize that You, your children and everything you ever own and ever will own or produce has been pledged to the Global Elite Bankers by the US government as collateral for all the debts our politicians run up, don't you?

You bet the government goes into full default, it won't be like you hope.
There will be Plenty of Uniform Hangers that many once called "heroes" and they WILL happily tell you at gunpoint that all you think you had now belongs to the Global Elite and you can die if you protest or you can be a good little slave...

A small example of such recently happened in Greece and Cyprus and that was small fry type debt on a national scale.

Reactions: LawTalker
The era of the USA being able to practice "Carrier Strike Group Dollar Diplomacy" of parking an aircraft carrier group off of the coast of some group of nations and conveying the general message of "keep accepting our dollars and holding our debt or else" is coming to an end.

This new attempt to steal 300b of Russian money to give to the Ukraine and corrupt politicians might just be the final straw that makes enough countries say FU to the US$

Then all the standard of living that the USA has been used to is going to change hugely.
The standard of living we all enjoy is made possible by the deaths, suffering and oppression of millions by our government and our corporations, and has been for over 100 years.

Folks having a good reason to dump dollars as their trade / deposit currency would be the start of the end of America being an empire.

You do realize that You, your children and everything you ever own and ever will own or produce has been pledged to the Global Elite Bankers by the US government as collateral for all the debts our politicians run up, don't you?

You bet the government goes into full default, it won't be like you hope.
There will be Plenty of Uniform Hangers that many once called "heroes" and they WILL happily tell you at gunpoint that all you think you had now belongs to the Global Elite and you can die if you protest or you can be a good little slave...

A small example of such recently happened in Greece and Cyprus and that was small fry type debt on a national scale.

That is okay.

So what you are saying is they will kill me? In short, there is nothing they can do to me. All they can do is kill my body.

I'm not afraid of any of them.

I'm willing to help as many young enlisted punch their tickets and get pay outs on their GI life insurance as want to come at me seeking to disarm or enslave me. I'm also willing to have my life end at the end of all of that. It is okay if it goes down that way. I would like to live in peace, but if they want it to go down that way, it is outside of my control. I don't decide how people or politicians choose to interact with me, I only decide how I will respond to their actions. All I can do is decide if I will fight and defend myself. I am willing to fight, even if it means losing my life.

I am not afraid of any of them, all they can do is kill me, I will see them at the judgment and serve as a witness against them.

If a platoon of men want to disarm me, I cannot effectively defeat a platoon, but I can sure make them pay and give the survivors traumatic memories as a cost of their misdeeds, and then I will see them at the Final Judgment.

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

I kinda see where you are coming from and ultimately I believe that that will end up being the end result. Let's call it the "Great Reset." I'm not the most religious guy thanks to corrupted religious organizations. That said, it is rather eerie to look to the Bible and see the hand writing on the wall. The world has become a collective lie where a moral/ethical person just wants truth.

What you speak of will be an apocalyptic nightmare that few can visualize, but due to the corrupt nature of man it is a fait accompli. Hope for the best is all we have left. I often ask: God where are you? We brought this upon ourselves.

I can see there possibly being some sort of collapse, but the powers that be are going to know it's going to happen, and they will put something in place. We will be told something that will make it sound like it's nothing, and then they will put it in place, and it will all happen under our noses, and there won't be a thing we can do about it. 99% of us are going to go along with it because we have families, jobs, responsibilities, and don't want to make waves because we want to fullfill our obligations to take care of our kids, or elderly relatives, or to live our posh, comfortable lives. Some will resist, and they will be dealt with, and we will be told that they were horrible people, pedophiles, terrorists, or murderers, we will never know the truth because the media machine is the mouth of the machine that will be busy fucking us over in the background. They can't have massive civil unrest, and they can't allow us to have a purge of sorts with madness in every city. The only things that the politicians, bankers, and the people that strive to be part of the elite, is power. They want to rule over us, and tell us what to think, and how to behave, and then fullfill the production to feed their consumption.

There's nothing that's gonna happen while i'm young or healthy enough to do anything. I turn 45 on Sunday, i'm very close to the end of my fighting days. At best I could build a hide and engage in combatants from a long distance, but I sure as hell ain't gonna be able to march 25 miles to the battlefield like the old days. Like LawTalker says, if the time comes, i'm likely to be killed in my home, and y'alls will be told that I was a horrible dangerous person, a gun fanatic that hated the .gov, and was looking to overthrow it, or whatever cut and paste excuse they will use to mark me as a high risk individual that needed to be removed so all my neighbors can sleep better at night. We've already seen these people get killed by police in raids, and we get told various reasons why they were there, and what they did to get killed. We just move along with our lives because we have house payments, car payments, student loans to pay, kids to feed, and everything else that we do just to move through life as best we can.

Facts of the matter is that the people we're electing, the only ones narcicistic enough to want to do the job, don't give any fucks about us, at all. They want power for themselves, their friends, and each other, and they will stand on piles of dead babies to move up the next rung of the ladder of power. They will use the police and fedbois as their gestapo to eliminate anyone that they think is a threat to them getting that next level of power.

Branden

I kinda see where you are coming from and ultimately I believe that that will end up being the end result. Let's call it the "Great Reset." I'm not the most religious guy thanks to corrupted religious organizations. That said, it is rather eerie to look to the Bible and see the hand writing on the wall. The world has become a collective lie where a moral/ethical person just wants truth.

What you speak of will be an apocalyptic nightmare that few can visualize, but due to the corrupt nature of man it is a fait accompli. Hope for the best is all we have left. I often ask: God where are you? We brought this upon ourselves.
We brought it upon ourselves and are making it worse. Many in the Byzantine empire believed the Muslim invasion was judgment being brought upon them for many of the same things going on in our country now. I didn’t realize how bad that time period was until some recent reading.

Gods still here and his patience and grace are evident in the fact that he hasn’t wiped us out again despite all that we are currently doing to each other and to his creation.

I hate that all the bad things that are happening and could happen in the near future make people not want to have children. They’re our legacy and chance to make things better.

I can see there possibly being some sort of collapse, but the powers that be are going to know it's going to happen, and they will put something in place. We will be told something that will make it sound like it's nothing, and then they will put it in place, and it will all happen under our noses, and there won't be a thing we can do about it. 99% of us are going to go along with it because we have families, jobs, responsibilities, and don't want to make waves because we want to fullfill our obligations to take care of our kids, or elderly relatives, or to live our posh, comfortable lives. Some will resist, and they will be dealt with, and we will be told that they were horrible people, pedophiles, terrorists, or murderers, we will never know the truth because the media machine is the mouth of the machine that will be busy fucking us over in the background. They can't have massive civil unrest, and they can't allow us to have a purge of sorts with madness in every city. The only things that the politicians, bankers, and the people that strive to be part of the elite, is power. They want to rule over us, and tell us what to think, and how to behave, and then fullfill the production to feed their consumption.

There's nothing that's gonna happen while i'm young or healthy enough to do anything. I turn 45 on Sunday, i'm very close to the end of my fighting days. At best I could build a hide and engage in combatants from a long distance, but I sure as hell ain't gonna be able to march 25 miles to the battlefield like the old days. Like LawTalker says, if the time comes, i'm likely to be killed in my home, and y'alls will be told that I was a horrible dangerous person, a gun fanatic that hated the .gov, and was looking to overthrow it, or whatever cut and paste excuse they will use to mark me as a high risk individual that needed to be removed so all my neighbors can sleep better at night. We've already seen these people get killed by police in raids, and we get told various reasons why they were there, and what they did to get killed. We just move along with our lives because we have house payments, car payments, student loans to pay, kids to feed, and everything else that we do just to move through life as best we can.

Facts of the matter is that the people we're electing, the only ones narcicistic enough to want to do the job, don't give any fucks about us, at all. They want power for themselves, their friends, and each other, and they will stand on piles of dead babies to move up the next rung of the ladder of power. They will use the police and fedbois as their gestapo to eliminate anyone that they think is a threat to them getting that next level of power.

Branden

If you stay fit and active you can be useful in infantry combat into your 50s and even 60s.

I am almost 40, I have spent half of my life training martial arts of one type or another, I stay active, and I can hike 8-12 hours back and forth, up and down a mountain, and I can still submit guys half my age in grappling.

Hell I was just training with a Scout Sniper in his 70s and the guy got prone, nailed a target at 900 yards, and the only thing he needed my help with was getting back up from having been prone. Now granted, that's a different beast from infantry combat, but he didn't need my help with his shooting.

Defeat begins in the mind before it ever takes hold in the body. If you start from a premise of, "I can keep myself in shape at 45 or even 55 whereby I can move 10-20 miles in one day and outfight, outmaneuver, and definitely out-think some 21 year old E4, then you will likely find a way to stay in that shape." There is a point of diminishing returns where it doesn't matter how much skill you have, at some point your body is just too frail to win a hand-to-hand match with a guy half your age. Hopefully by the time we're in our 60s and 70s, and especially 80s, we won't need to get into knife fights or go hands on with guys young enough to be our grandsons.

If you can't march 10-20 miles in one day, that is what bicycles are for. The Japanese took British Malaya largely through the use of bicycles as their primary mode of transportation. Vietnamese logistics units made good use of bicycles. If you can think of a goal you want to accomplish you will think of a way to make it happen.

That's another angle that many people lose sight of, your average 18 year old can out-fight your average 48 year old, but the 48 year old can probably out-think the 18 year old any day of the week.

I believe it was Julius Caesar who said that one legion of hardened veterans was worth 3 to 4 legions of young raw recruits fresh from training. A 45 year old veteran who has seen 25 years of uninterrupted service, a dozen battles, survived all of that, and learned the lessons of those battles, is worth at least three (or more) young men who have only just finished being taught how to wield their weapons.

We brought it upon ourselves and are making it worse. Many in the Byzantine empire believed the Muslim invasion was judgment being brought upon them for many of the same things going on in our country now. I didn’t realize how bad that time period was until some recent reading.

Gods still here and his patience and grace are evident in the fact that he hasn’t wiped us out again despite all that we are currently doing to each other and to his creation.

I hate that all the bad things that are happening and could happen in the near future make people not want to have children. They’re our legacy and chance to make things better.

Most of the Byzantine subjects in the Levant and Egypt welcomed the Muslims because the Byzantines had levied 50-75% taxes and the Muslims promised that they could either "convert to Islam and be exempt from taxes, or stay Christian and pay a 10% tax." Life under Byzantine rule had become miserable due to ruinous taxes to finance their endless wars. Most people were glad to see the Byzantines go.

The Byzantines alienated the majority of their subjects before the outside invaders arrived and took hold.

Last edited:
i'm likely to be killed in my home, and y'alls will be told that I was a horrible dangerous person, a gun fanatic that hated the .gov, and was looking to overthrow it, or whatever cut and paste excuse they will use to mark me as a high risk individual that needed to be removed so all my neighbors can sleep better at night. We've already seen these people get killed by police in raids, and we get told various reasons why they were there, and what they did to get killed.

More than likely a whole bunch of CP will be "found on your phone" and your computer will have been found to contain more terabytes of CP than the capacity of the storage media in it...

Then all the rest of the "good folks" will snap to with their anti pedo programming rage and not even question the official story and thank the police for killing such a bad person. Then it will happen to them too...

Reactions: gigamortis
More than likely a whole bunch of CP will be "found on your phone" and your computer will have been found to contain more terabytes of CP than the capacity of the storage media in it...

Then all the rest of the "good folks" will snap to with their anti pedo programming rage and not even question the official story and thank the police for killing such a bad person. Then it will happen to them too...

I know I'm not a chomo and I know I don't have CP.

The majority of humanity if asked "Who is Jesus?" would not respond with, "The Son of the Living God, the Messiah."

I don't care what the majority of people think of me when my body dies.

It doesn't matter what they think of you.

Your first mistake is caring about what they actually believe and then believing that they actually care.

If you stay fit and active you can be useful in infantry combat into your 50s and even 60s.

I am almost 40, I have spent half of my life training martial arts of one type or another, I stay active, and I can hike 8-12 hours back and forth, up and down a mountain, and I can still submit guys half my age in grappling.
I'm working on it. I really let myself go after getting out of the Army 24 years ago. Now my daughters are older, and just the pace of life is quite different, find myself having a lot more free time. Jan 7 of this year I decided I was done being a fat slug of a man. I was 255.5lbs, and I started to pay attention to how much I was eating, and what I was eating. I'm not crazy dieting, but i'm minimizing as much processed foods as I can, and i'm counting the calories i'm eating, keeping it sustainable at about 1 to 1.25lbs per week goal. Pairing diet with 3-5 days in the gym with one of 'em being at the track turning laps in the kart getting ready for race season. The worst part of it all is how long it takes to lose weight. I'm down to 239.5 though now, and my goal is 200 at the end of the year.

Maybe if the shit hits the fan, it'll be when i'm in a prime condition to effectively fight to keep my family safe.

Branden

I'm working on it. I really let myself go after getting out of the Army 24 years ago. Now my daughters are older, and just the pace of life is quite different, find myself having a lot more free time. Jan 7 of this year I decided I was done being a fat slug of a man. I was 255.5lbs, and I started to pay attention to how much I was eating, and what I was eating. I'm not crazy dieting, but i'm minimizing as much processed foods as I can, and i'm counting the calories i'm eating, keeping it sustainable at about 1 to 1.25lbs per week goal. Pairing diet with 3-5 days in the gym with one of 'em being at the track turning laps in the kart getting ready for race season. The worst part of it all is how long it takes to lose weight. I'm down to 239.5 though now, and my goal is 200 at the end of the year.

Maybe if the shit hits the fan, it'll be when i'm in a prime condition to effectively fight to keep my family safe.

Branden
Congrats on your progress. Always easier to maintain than improve unfortunately.

The way I see it, God told us how to live in harmony with Truth and His Way, with honest weights and measures, and instead we're living with legalized counterfeiting of worthless paper money.

There is nothing true about how modern society runs.

We have fake people [often faking their looks with surgery, filters, makeup], living in fake relationships which they proclaim to be marriage [when objectively their relationships are lust based unions with an unmarriageable bride], with fake values, using fake money often to buy fake followers and fake support on social media, while fake politicians get on fake news networks to tell the world that we will all die if we don't capitulate and surrender our rights to solve a fake climate crisis.

The entire modern world is a temple of lies.

The way I see it, God told us how to live in harmony with Truth and His Way, with honest weights and measures, and instead we're living with legalized counterfeiting of worthless paper money.

There is nothing true about how modern society runs.

We have fake people [often faking their looks with surgery, filters, makeup], living in fake relationships which they proclaim to be marriage [when objectively their relationships are lust based unions with an unmarriageable bride], with fake values, using fake money often to buy fake followers and fake support on social media, while fake politicians get on fake news networks to tell the world that we will all die if we don't capitulate and surrender our rights to solve a fake climate crisis.

The entire modern world is a temple of lies.
We were told "this" was coming. Most never thought they would see it during their life time.

Isaiah 5:20​

I know I'm not a chomo and I know I don't have CP.

The majority of humanity if asked "Who is Jesus?" would not respond with, "The Son of the Living God, the Messiah."

I don't care what the majority of people think of me when my body dies.

It doesn't matter what they think of you.

Your first mistake is caring about what they actually believe and then believing that they actually care.

Perspective.

And OK, maybe I’m just more ‘switched on’ since I just got up after my first good night’s sleep in weeks, but why do I feel like I need to wear this hat after reading that?

IMG_6053.jpeg

Well said.

Reactions: LawTalker
Short on oil? Not a criticism, just interested in the logic.
I start scaling into a short position on oil during the spring/summer for the inevitable drop in prices for Christmas so the natives don’t get restless.

This year will be a bit tricky due to the presidential election. I presume prices will drop more to make Biden look good so maybe even lower prices than the last couple years.

I start scaling into a short position on oil during the spring/summer for the inevitable drop in prices for Christmas so the natives don’t get restless.

This year will be a bit tricky due to the presidential election. I presume prices will drop more to make Biden look good so maybe even lower prices than the last couple years.
You have done well working that plan. The tricky part this year (on all commodities) is how fast the USD is losing it's purchasing power. Some prices are going to stay high simply because it takes more USD's to make the purchase.
1712239764488.png

"History repeats"
Why wouldn't the .gov just confiscate privately owned gold again?

Executive Order 6102
Forbidding the Hoarding of Gold Coin, Gold Bullion and Gold Certificates

Signed by Franklin D. Roosevelt on 5 April 1933
Summary
Forbade ownership of quantities of gold coin, bullion, and gold certificates worth in excess of $100 (about 5 troy ounces), with exemptions for specific uses and collections;
Required all persons to deliver excess quantities of the above on or before May 1, 1933 in exchange for $20.67 per troy ounce;

Enabled Federal funding of Exchange Stabilization Fund using profit realized from international transactions against new Federal reserves.

Executive Order 6102 is an executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by US President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States."

The executive order was made under the authority of the Trading with the Enemy Act of 1917, as amended by the Emergency Banking Act in March 1933.

The limitation on gold ownership in the United States was repealed after President Gerald Ford signed a bill legalizing private ownership of gold coins, bars, and certificates by an Act of Congress, codified in Pub. L.Tooltip Public Law (United States) 93–373,[1] which went into effect December 31, 1974.

And that just feeds the logic behind my tinfoil hat theory that they are going to put Trump back in the white house, after they've primed the economy to tank. It'll tank on his watch, and early on his watch, and they will spend the next 4 years blaming him, and all republicans, and ensure that no republican will ever win again.

Again....just my tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.

Branden

"History repeats"

Executive Order 6102

Summary
Forbade ownership of quantities of gold coin, bullion, and gold certificates worth in excess of $100 (about 5 troy ounces), with exemptions for specific uses and collections;
Required all persons to deliver excess quantities of the above on or before May 1, 1933 in exchange for $20.67 per troy ounce;

Enabled Federal funding of Exchange Stabilization Fund using profit realized from international transactions against new Federal reserves.

Executive Order 6102 is an executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by US President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States."

The executive order was made under the authority of the Trading with the Enemy Act of 1917, as amended by the Emergency Banking Act in March 1933.

The limitation on gold ownership in the United States was repealed after President Gerald Ford signed a bill legalizing private ownership of gold coins, bars, and certificates by an Act of Congress, codified in Pub. L.Tooltip Public Law (United States) 93–373,[1] which went into effect December 31, 1974.

Because when conditions get that bad they will be fighting off the Chinese / Muslims and gold will not save their ass.

You have done well working that plan. The tricky part this year (on all commodities) is how fast the USD is losing it's purchasing power. Some prices are going to stay high simply because it takes more USD's to make the purchase.
View attachment 8388726
You bring up a valid point, and it’s definitely something I’m thinking about.

And that just feeds the logic behind my tinfoil hat theory that they are going to put Trump back in the white house, after they've primed the economy to tank. It'll tank on his watch, and early on his watch, and they will spend the next 4 years blaming him, and all republicans, and ensure that no republican will ever win again.

Branden
America is past the point of who is in the White House.
More important is who is on the SCOUS, who is in the states AG office, who the Federal Judges are, the directors of the 3 letter agencies, etc.
Laws are being passed today that will be selectively used to intimidate and control the populaces.
Pay attention.

Reactions: MediumSpeed

Because when conditions get that bad they will be fighting off the Chinese / Muslims and gold will not save their ass.

When "conditions get that bad" the US government will be Welcoming in all the NWO troops to help support the government against the citizens.
Don't think you won't see Chinese and Muslim patrols here just like we did to other countries when we were doing NWO bidding...
Laugh now, say it will never happen...

"History repeats"

Executive Order 6102

Summary

You might want to look at post #41. There appears to have been a big FU fdr on that confiscation. Some sent their precious metals out of the country to off shore storage facilities. Some were given an exemption due to numismatic value of their gold collections and other exceptions also existed:

One coin dealer speaks of how his father smuggled gold coins into the US (1970?) and he is on yt. There was not the compliance that you believe. What logic for confiscation by .gov. today? The fiat currency that we live under is not backed up by gold as it was in '33. Today the money is only backed up by the full faith and credit of .gov. MMT requires no backup and it is destroying the world. If they confiscate, it is outright theft, but you'll have more to worry about if this happens.

I would be more concerned with the 401k's, Roth's, ect. That is a pot that they will first go after. It has been written into law in all 50 states now........Too big to fail will be the reason for brokerages and banks to look at and confiscate your retirement funds. Christy Noem has tried to hit back on this law in her state. If this happens (confiscation) , I don't even want to think of the consequences.

Once the manufactured crisis is in place, look for this to be utilized. I do believe that the precious metals will also be outlawed. Some have already moved their metals offshore and some are in the process of moving out of the US and Canada.

You might want to look at post #41. There appears to have been a big FU fdr on that confiscation. Some sent their precious metals out of the country to off shore storage facilities. Some were given an exemption due to numismatic value of their gold collections and other exceptions also existed:

One coin dealer speaks of how his father smuggled gold coins into the US (1970?) and he is on yt. There was not the compliance that you believe. What logic for confiscation by .gov. today? The fiat currency that we live under is not backed up by gold as it was in '33. Today the money is only backed up by the full faith and credit of .gov. MMT requires no backup and it is destroying the world. If they confiscate, it is outright theft, but you'll have more to worry about if this happens.

I would be more concerned with the 401k's, Roth's, ect. That is a pot that they will first go after. It has been written into law in all 50 states now........Too big to fail will be the reason for brokerages and banks to look at and confiscate your retirement funds. Christy Noem has tried to hit back on this law in her state. If this happens (confiscation) , I don't even want to think of the consequences.

Once the manufactured crisis is in place, look for this to be utilized. I do believe that the precious metals will also be outlawed. Some have already moved their metals offshore and some are in the process of moving out of the US and Canada.

I know it’s the wrong thing to do, but lately have been sitting here scratching my head and wondering if I should cash out of my 401K and IRAs after I turn 59 and 1/2 (huge tax hit if I do that) and dump it all into more land and physical gold.

Again, my rational mind knows that approach would be incredibly dumb, and fiscally irresponsible … at least normally. But my lizard brain is itching, and wondering if it’s time yet.

edit: And yes, I‘m well aware that the current MIC and the infotainment industry we used to call media and journalism is manipulating events, and our perspective of those events, to illicit this exact response. Panicked people usually don’t (can’t) make rational decisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoDopes
Lots of signs a massive recession is coming. That should lead to oil price collapse.
Depends on supply. If supply drops as well it, may not collapse to the same degree. Since the current administration has been in office, there's been a huge drop in exploration and investment on new wells/drilling.

wondering if I should cash out
I am in a similar situation.
After reading this book:

I now understand that all my stocks/bonds 401K, IRA, etc. are not mine any more.

The hedge funds have collateralized it all, and they have arranged the laws all over the world so that they have rights of primary liquidation of all these assets, in the event of a global financial disaster.
My liquidation rights are subordinate, so I get what is left over, after the hedge funds are done.

I know it’s the wrong thing to do, but lately have been sitting here scratching my head and wondering if I should cash out of my 401K and IRAs after I turn 59 and 1/2 (huge tax hit if I do that) and dump it all into more land and physical gold.

Again, my rational mind knows that approach would be incredibly dumb, and fiscally irresponsible … at least normally. But my lizard brain is itching, and wondering if it’s time yet.
That’s a question I hear a lot lately. It’s a crapshoot. My thought on it is of we’re at the point where the gov is confiscating 401k then there is a whole lot more going on in the world to worry about.

***Disclaimer*** I don’t have 401k or Roth***

It’s how I feel about the market in general. People have been advising me against buying stock market tops since the year 1992, but I always figured if the stock market drops below those levels then the whole world is fucked and not just me.

Personally, I’d take a loan out before I cashed in any of my investments if I didn’t have the cash to buy what I want.

edit: And yes, I‘m well aware that the current MIC and the infotainment industry we used to call media and journalism is manipulating events, and our perspective of those events, to illicit this exact response. Panicked people usually don’t (can’t) make rational decisions.
Most places, excepting New York and other regions liberals are fleeing, seem to still have highly elevated land prices. I think prices will drop in the next year or so after the covid flight people get tired of where they moved too. I've seen lots of them posting about regretting their move to Texas etc.

I'm going with not worth the huge hit you'll take.

Doom and gloom is always on the horizon
Folks are always trying to sell you something including "safety"

My suggestion is look at all the options very carefully and all the tax consequences and diversify and take a bit off the table but don't go crazy just yet.

Just my opinion.

That’s a question I hear a lot lately. It’s a crapshoot. My thought on it is of we’re at the point where the gov is confiscating 401k then there is a whole lot more going on in the world to worry about.

***Disclaimer*** I don’t have 401k or Roth***

It’s how I feel about the market in general. People have been advising me against buying stock market tops since the year 1992, but I always figured if the stock market drops below those levels then the whole world is fucked and not just me.

Personally, I’d take a loan out before I cashed in any of my investments if I didn’t have the cash to buy what I want.

Pretty happy with the land and other hard assets we’ve accumulated after a lifetime of hard work, and no desire at all to go into even a little bit of debt to add to our current holdings…we’re good. My concern is the safety of my “paper” assets…which are significant. Well, significant to me anyway.

I grew up dirt poor by American standards, and couldn’t imagine the life I have now back then. I just don’t want the savings/investments we’ve built up to ensure at least one or two more generations will be comfortable to disappear.

Reactions: tucaz

edit: And yes, I‘m well aware that the current MIC and the infotainment industry we used to call media and journalism, is manipulating events, and our perspective of those events, to illicit this exact response. Panicked people usually don’t (can’t) make rational decisions.
Don't think that your thinking is wrong and you are definitely not panicking. Talk to your financial person on the tax ramifications. More importantly, talk to the wife and lay out a plan. Find out what tax bracket you're in and have your cpa figure out how much you can take out per year w/o bumping yourself into a higher tax bracket.
If you are in a big city, I would get the hell out. Friend of mine was going to do that, wife objected, and now they both regret the decision. They have normalcy bias in a high crime area.
These are all troubling decisions that we all will have to make, and it's not easy if you are stuck in a normalcy bias. Filtering out the noise of the rah rah media is the first step. More importantly, don't ignore your common sense and flashing red flags. Too many want to stay in the comfort zone and say it won't happen.............They are the ones who panic. Think October 7 in Israel.

So when the bottom falls out and the house of cards comes down, will gold be worth more or less? For sure ammo will be worth more; the ammo I bought 10-12 years ago is worth three times what I paid for it. It’s been a better investment than gold……just like Army Jerry said.

heck ya, i have case of xm193 i bought 15 years or longer and paid $160/1000 rounds.

still buying ammo as well though. not going to shoot full pressure NATO spec since that is no longer available

as for gold, i have a few AGE's in various sizes. they give me warm fuzzies when i trake them out for fresh air. pretty sure ammo will be worth more if we get to the end game.

Pretty happy with the land and other hard assets we’ve accumulated after a lifetime of hard work, and no desire at all to go into even a little bit of debt to add to our current holdings…we’re good. My concern is the safety of my “paper” assets…which are significant. Well, significant to me anyway.

I grew up dirt poor by American standards, and couldn’t imagine the life I have now back then. I just don’t want the savings/investments we’ve built up to ensure at least one or two more generations will be comfortable to disappear.
Just read this, and you sound exactly like my father. Funny thing was that he didn't want to do any estate planning, and it took over 2 decades to change his mind. I even threatened to pay for their long term care insurance myself. He eventually went along and it was good since they both ended up in the nursing homes. It would have wiped out his estate and left my mother in a real bad way had he not set up the trusts. Good luck getting LTC today.
You are absolutely correct to stay out of debt, unless you have the assets to pay off immediately.

Branden

I predict a civil war within 18 months or WW3 erupting within 2-3 years.

By some measures the world is already in a world war, it is a situation very similar to the 2-4 years before WW1 or the 5-8 years before WW2, some conflicts involving major powers and minor powers, there are civil wars, revolutions, insurgencies, minor regional conflicts between regional powers, proxy wars, it is about to mushroom into major power vs major power conflict.

2024 may be the last election this country ever has.

I’m extreme anti-debt, but I’m also extremely against removing investments and liquidating assets. Tough life to live, I know!

If I had to choose between a 10% interest rate on a land note or selling any of my investments right now then I would take the 10% note. Imagine selling S&P shares in October of last year? I’d have missed 28% return.

In conclusion, it’s complicated. I prefer to buy outright with cash I keep for such purposes, but if I didn’t have cash on hand then I’d take the loan over liquidating higher returning assets.