• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GOLD

Don't think that your thinking is wrong and you are definitely not panicking. Talk to your financial person on the tax ramifications. More importantly, talk to the wife and lay out a plan. Find out what tax bracket you're in and have your cpa figure out how much you can take out per year w/o bumping yourself into a higher tax bracket.
If you are in a big city, I would get the hell out. Friend of mine was going to do that, wife objected, and now they both regret the decision. They have normalcy bias in a high crime area.
These are all troubling decisions that we all will have to make, and it's not easy if you are stuck in a normalcy bias. Filtering out the noise of the rah rah media is the first step. More importantly, don't ignore your common sense and flashing red flags. Too many want to stay in the comfort zone and say it won't happen.............They are the ones who panic. Think October 7 in Israel.
Yup done, and done…. We’re well outside of the city, but the city keeps chasing us with (sub)urban sprawl, LoL

You might want to look at post #41. There appears to have been a big FU fdr on that confiscation. Some sent their precious metals out of the country to off shore storage facilities. Some were given an exemption due to numismatic value of their gold collections and other exceptions also existed:

One coin dealer speaks of how his father smuggled gold coins into the US (1970?) and he is on yt. There was not the compliance that you believe. What logic for confiscation by .gov. today? The fiat currency that we live under is not backed up by gold as it was in '33. Today the money is only backed up by the full faith and credit of .gov. MMT requires no backup and it is destroying the world. If they confiscate, it is outright theft, but you'll have more to worry about if this happens.

I would be more concerned with the 401k's, Roth's, ect. That is a pot that they will first go after. It has been written into law in all 50 states now........Too big to fail will be the reason for brokerages and banks to look at and confiscate your retirement funds. Christy Noem has tried to hit back on this law in her state. If this happens (confiscation) , I don't even want to think of the consequences.

Once the manufactured crisis is in place, look for this to be utilized. I do believe that the precious metals will also be outlawed. Some have already moved their metals offshore and some are in the process of moving out of the US and Canada.
I want a ring side seat when the .gov makes a move on the "Texas Depositories"... I'd bet the Hookin' Bulls will get an exemption since they are a "University".... 🤣

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I’m extreme anti-debt, but I’m also extremely against removing investments and liquidating assets. Tough life to live, I know!

If I had to choose between a 10% interest rate on a land note or selling any of my investments right now then I would take the 10% note. Imagine selling S&P shares in October of last year? I’d have missed 28% return.

In conclusion, it’s complicated. I prefer to buy outright with cash I keep for such purposes, but if I didn’t have cash on hand then I’d take the loan over liquidating higher returning assets.
I agree. I think a good portion, maybe 25%, of the American's with some sort of debit (vehicle, credit card, etc) could pay off their debt. Why pay it off ? If the collapse comes tomorrow, oh well.... There won't be enough repo men to go around towing cars in the middle of the night. Credit companies are insured (re-insurance) against those losses. The consumer is paying the premium for those re-insurance cost. One big write off.

Friday diversion:

Magnitude 4.7 earthquake strikes New York, New Jersey region​

1712328299970.png

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
There will be no safe havens.
"You will own nothing, and be happy"
The new world government already stated so.
Can't eat gold or silver, & it will be illegal to possess.
There is nothing you will be able to have, eat, or acquire, without government approval.
AI will be watching, and monitoring every citizen in real time, and anything you are allowed to have in possession will be purchased with a government credit card.
Points based on cooperation and behavior.
They are discussing chip implant, internal monitoring of every human, reaction patterns, bio metrics.
So they can prevent a crime against the government that you were just thinking sbout, but have not yet committed....eating a pastry, but you are overweight, and are off limits to such food...but you were thinking about it,...AI knows, and is on alert for such a crime.

There will be no safe havens.
"You will own nothing, and be happy"
The new world government already stated so.
Can't eat gold or silver, & it will be illegal to possess.
There is nothing you will be able to have, eat, or acquire, without government approval.
AI will be watching, and monitoring every citizen in real time, and anything you are allowed to have in possession will be purchased with a government credit card.
Points based on cooperation and behavior.
They are discussing chip implant, internal monitoring of every human, reaction patterns, bio metrics.
So they can prevent a crime against the government that you were just thinking sbout, but have not yet committed....eating a pastry, but you are overweight, and are off limits to such food...but you were thinking about it,...AI knows, and is on alert for such a crime.
Here's the problem. The US Government can't run a 2 car parade. If they were attempting to implement the things you listed, the Chinese will over run the country from the East Coast, West Coast and the Gulf of Mexico. The Russians will swoop in from the North and the Drug Cartels will drive across the Southern Border. Meanwhile the career politicians are in their compounds in Switzerland.
And we think it's bad now. ;)

Last edited:
Not planning on moving anytime soon, living in the middle of nowhere will have advantages in the future. The time to purchase Au-Ag is over, the ever shrinking dollar and skyrocketing prices of gold just reinforces buying now is like missing the train over the past years. With a retailer like Cc jumping on board it only reinforces my thinking their membership majority is the higher earning percentage of the working class, they still have disposable money. As for purchasing from a local “trusted dealer”, what makes them trusted? I seen someone was selling coin silver here, sometimes I have more trust in people I have never met.

LOL... "Traditional Metrics aren't working".... Because the US Government is printing money like it's going out of style and giving it away.
There are no "Metrics".

Gold price action driven by conflicting cyclical and structural forces, traditional metrics aren’t working - Analysts​

“We've seen tremendous gold buying on the back of central banks, and more recently there's been retail gold buying in China, but I think we have to distinguish the kind of temporary cyclical rate factors driving gold here from what's more structural,” Blanch said. “In the case of gold, I think there's a really big structural trend towards more gold purchases driven by the major geopolitical fracture that we have in the world today between the U.S. and Europe on one side, and Russia China on the other. It's really been central banks not trusting central banks that has been behind the buy-the-dip mentality in the gold market.”

So could the phrase, panic buying be appropriate?
I don't think so. This is a one month chart. Notice the volume at the bottom of the chart. There is much less volume after the American's go home for the day. However, the price over night is usually higher. Less volume and higher prices... More or less. I see that as the foreign banks trading in physical gold. The big volume during the American work day indicates just more "paper gold" trading. Trading physical actually takes some transportation where paper does not.

Here is an article on countries that hold physical gold. There have been several attempts by Congressmen recently to actually do an inventory of Fort Knox. The Senate refused that move. That is a red flag as to how much is actually within Fort Knox.

The inspection by Members of Congress on September 23, 1974, of U.S. gold stocks stored at the Fort Knox (Ky.)... 50 years ago.

Physical gold offers more protection than mining stocks, says State Street’s George Milling-Stanley

“One of the reasons I own gold bar(s) is that I believe it offers me some protection against potential weakness in the equity market,” Milling-Stanley told CNBC’s “ETF Edge” this week. “When the equity market goes down, gold mining stocks remember that they’re equities, and they tend to go down with the general level of the equity market. So, they’re not offering me that extra level of protection.”

What a lot of you need to be looking at is the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). Sure it's boring until you get to the part about who actually owns those stock and bonds that are held in your brokerage, IRA. Roth, 401k, ect. Bottom line is this weapon is now law in all 50 states. Bottom line is that in a financial meltdown or other manufactured crisis, you are the lender of LAST RESORT.
Thanks to a change in the UCC law (1994, I believe), you could end up holding the bag. An empty bag because of Too Big to Fail. Sucker!
How you shield yourself from all of this is anybody's guess as we are already in the midst of WWIII.

Higher again today. Fun historical fact: Gold jewelry was exempt from confiscation when FDR stole everyone’s bullion and coins.

1712932105921.png

Good for me but troubling none the less. An $1.90/ounce increase in less than 20 hours?

Last edited:
Turn the chart upside down........... That shows the decline in the purchasing power of the USD.
The world never left the "Gold Standard". Living the dream is turning into a nightmare for many.
Agree 100% but temped to sell and buy “stuff”. I have land so cash for a tiny home might not be a bad idea.

Just an opinion.
1713028408789.png

This is a one day chart (Friday). Around noon, New York time, on Friday the big SELL at the market orders poured in. Knocked the price down about 2% +/-. That was enough to trigger the safety stop outs on a Friday afternoon when most traders had folded up shop. The result, over the weekend, gold will trade at 2334. I see this as a move by the "paper Gold" traders. No effect, what so ever, on those holding physical gold. While America sleeps or watches games and movies the rest of the world marches on.

1713031317470.png

This illustrates a rather disturbing trend in the confidence people have in the fiat currency known as the US dollar these days.

1713031437054.png

Does anyone else here remember the above image with the text underneath the "One Dollar" scroll in the lower portion?

1713031491008.png

Yeah, people are seeing their buying power die with the USD.

Yeah, people are seeing their buying power die with the USD.
Three years ago, you and I saw this. That was the time to go "Paul Volcker". Probably jumping interest rates to 12% over night would have nipped it in the bud. Three years later it would be just a blip on the radar and the USD would be worth a lot more. You could have got your gold for 1850 then. It would probably be 1850 today it the FED Reserve would have made a move.

JMHO - Warren Buffet hates GOLD because he can not control it. The saying goes something like this "There is no man bigger than the market". Warren has a lot of control in the investments he makes. gold is not one of them. A bit about the Hunt Brothers, below.

Why Warren Buffett Doesn't Invest in Gold​

The Hunt Brothers

Reactions: Sgtsideways
Attached is a down to earth explanation of what we are seeing. It brings out some developments that very few people (world wide) are paying attention to.

“If I was in your Studios a couple of years ago and I told you that the Fed was going to hike to 5 and a quarter to 5.50%, that real yields at the belly of the US curve were going to go from negative territory to plus-200 basis points, I don't think many people would have thought that gold is going to average $1,800 to $1,900 over those last couple of years, and then break out to all-time nominal highs in 2024,” he added. “So we do think the central bank demand story is important, because they're now absorbing 25% to 27% of annual gold mine production.”

• Wow
Reactions: IronSkillet
There has long been speculation that China owns far more gold than it officially reveals. As Jim Rickards pointed out on Mises Daily back in 2015, many analysts believe that China keeps several thousand tons of gold “off the books” in a separate entity called the State Administration for Foreign Exchange (SAFE).

The US is starting to lose control of setting the Gold Price on the Comex. Gold on the Shanghai Gold exchange is 50 dollars higher per ounce and Silver is 3 dollars higher per ounce. The East is going to be setting the price of metals on the Shanghai Gold Exchange in the near future from what I have been hearing from experts in the field.

Last edited:
The US is starting to lose control of setting the Gold Price on the Comex. Gold on the Shanghai Gold exchange is 70 or 80 dollars higher per ounce and Silver is 3 dollars higher per ounce. The East is going to be setting the price of metals on the Shanghai Gold Exchange in the near future from what I have been hearing from experts in the field.
I think Comex is going down as the brics pricks are already outsmarting the US at every turn. Commies own the LME and the shanghai exchange, so why should they worry about the futures trading by the fools in NY? Hell, mao paying a premium for gold. India buying Ag like there is no tomorrow.
NY boys dump the futures to artificially manipulate the precious metals market, but for how long can they do that? I have no idea.
I recently heard the theory that silver is being manipulated to keep the price low. This is due to the plethora of industrial/military uses of the metal. If they can't control the price of the commodity, look for higher prices in a lot of things we take for granted.
There has long been speculation that China owns far more gold than it officially reveals. As Jim Rickards pointed out on Mises Daily back in 2015, many analysts believe that China keeps several thousand tons of gold “off the books” in a separate entity called the State Administration for Foreign Exchange (SAFE).

From what little I've read, the commies don't allow gold to leave the country. Ask the guy from the West that started a gold mine there. As soon as he discovered gold, commies took the mine away from him.
If you are looking to sell gold, mao will buy it from you with a premium over spot.
If you are looking for a bargain, Ag is the way to go.......................