• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Good .308 suppressor dealer

Keepthechange

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
North Carolina
I hate bein the newbie but you have to start somewhere. I am in NC and I bought a DPMS .308LR with a 24" 416 Stainless steel bull barrel and now have been researching for about 3 months on which suppressor to buy and from who. I then found this forum and have had many questions answered but as everyone does I want to talk to someone. Is there a dealer that you all trust to buy your suppressors from that I can contact? I read on one post, which I cannot find again, that you were talking about a guy named Doug at SRT arms. Any other info you have for what I need to do to make my rifle ready for a suppressor would be appreciated. Thanks again

Re: Good .308 suppressor dealer

Lots of variables!
One of the most respected suppressor dealers in the country is www.major-malfunction.com

Figure out what you are trying to acheive and the amount of money you want to spend.

Personally I have a can from Tim as SAS www.sas-llc.us and I have no complaints with the can. He can be a hard man to get ahold of but will treat you right in the end! I think these are the best deal on a can --- bar none!

go take a look at www.sharksuppressors.com if you truly want a 308 can that is one amazing piece of equipment I have run one of his cans on my DPMS 308 custom and it is quiet to say the least and customer service is 2nd to none and you can have the can custom serialized to what you want on it

Around Asheville Phil Flack(great guy bought first suppressor and smg from)knows his stuff and has a great reputation. His business is PF Custom Guns.

The best suppressor is one that you can easily get from a local (in state) stocking dealer. You want to avoid additional tax stamps from dealers out side NC, you want a dealer that has the can in hand (no long wait from the manufacturer) and from a dealer that will do your Form 4 paper work for free. Also an experienced dealer that can set up a Trust for you if you live in an unfriendly LEO county.

That said, I have used Shooters Express near Charlotte, not far from the airport in Belmont exit 27 I85. I have three cans from them. I can’t remember their entire in stock inventory, but for 308 I would recommend the YHM Phantom QD 7.62 YHM-3300A. They may have the Surefire 7.62 as well. I have a Surefire FA762SS which is QD. I know they have YHM in stock for the 5.56. The YHM are really good and the price is right and in stock. I recently got the YHM SS 5.56 Phantom from them.

Contact them here:
http://www.shootersexpress.com
http://www.shootersexpress.com/nfa.html
Ask for Dean White the general manager. 800-358-GUNS

There are many good suppressors out there, so don’t get too hung up on “which is best” syndrome, which opinions around here on the Hide “runs the emotional gambit.” Just find a knowledgeable dealer that has the suppressor in stock that will meet your needs.

You will also need a good smith to thread the barrel or turn down and thread the barrel for the suppressor QD adaptor or thread on can. I recommend going with a QD muzzle brake adaptor.

The guy you refer to is Doug Melton at SRT arms in Arizona.

http://www.srtarms.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keepthechange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate bein the newbie but you have to start somewhere. I am in NC and I bought a DPMS .308LR with a 24" 416 Stainless steel bull barrel and now have been researching for about 3 months on which suppressor to buy and from who. I then found this forum and have had many questions answered but as everyone does I want to talk to someone. Is there a dealer that you all trust to buy your suppressors from that I can contact? I read on one post, which I cannot find again, that you were talking about a guy named Doug at SRT arms. Any other info you have for what I need to do to make my rifle ready for a suppressor would be appreciated. Thanks again </div></div>

The Gun Gallery in Jacksonville, FL. Neil is probably the largest stocking dealer of AAC in the country, and also has a very good staff. He also carries Gemtech, AWC, and Surefire on hand and can get pretty much whatever you want.

I highly recommend Mark at Polite Society Inc. Good guy.

Whatever you do, make sure the dealer has the can in stock. In state is better, but even out of state is fine. Out-of-state just adds a couple weeks (maybe three) for the transfer to your in-state dealer. You still have the BATF/stamp wait to endure after that.

Have dealt first hand with Mark and Allen @ PSI and will not go back. They just dropped the ball on my last dealing with them to the point they didn't know what was ordered, where it was, and even if the F3 was submitted. Now this wasn't on one occasion, this literally happened three times calling on the status of where the hell the can was. Also I was not personally calling them, but my dealer which buys from them very often, and he had the call on speakerphone so I could here from the horses mouth that PSI was lost on as to what happened to the order of the in stock can. I did finally receive the can three months later and noticing that the F3 was submitted three and a half weeks from receiving the can by my dealer. I should have ordered from the largest stocking AAC dealer Major Malfunction. PSI I believe is the second, but will not be having my dealer go through him.

I have communicated with Bryon from Major Malfunction on many occasions and is very helpful and if not reachable leave a number and he will call you back.

BTW Mark and Allen seem like really nice guys, but don't seem like the business type that I like to deal with.

You have been researching for three months, correct? That is a good start. So? What did you find out and which way are you leaning? What are your priorities, price range, etc?

I mention this to you because in the final analysis if you knew what you wanted it becomes alot simpler to send you off in the right direction for a dealer.

If your saying, "After three months of research I have more questions than answers and I need somebody to ask these questions to." Well, forget needing a dealer.....ask your questions right here and hold on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5150Sigy©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">go take a look at www.sharksuppressors.com if you truly want a 308 can that is one amazing piece of equipment I have run one of his cans on my DPMS 308 custom and it is quiet to say the least and customer service is 2nd to none and you can have the can custom serialized to what you want on it </div></div>

+1000 on what 5150 said, david is great to deal with!