• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good and Low Budget??

powerstrokin06

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2010
Philadelphia, MS
Hello all newbie here in the great state of Mississippi and I tried searching but it's hard to do when ya dont know what your talking about...lol Where would be a good starting point for a new to LR shooting wannabe? What is a good low, low budget starter rifle that will teach as well as perform without taking out a loan...thanks to all and look forward to learning a ton from ya.....

Re: Good and Low Budget??

Stevens 200 is by far the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Here is what I did with my brother's rifle for just very little money.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...436#Post1731436

Best bang for the buck:
Stevens in 308 $200-$300
EGW 20moa base $45.00
Vortex 6-24x50 $99.00
Decent rings $25-50.00

Then get into hand loading. Then modify as you can afford it. PM me for more info on any of this.

Good luck,
Merritt

Hi,
you'll get more responses when you fill out your profile. But look at Savage. They make some pretty nice "budget" long range or Tactical rifles.

Remington 700 SPS with a stock change, or a 700P. Good rings and a base are a must and don't shy on an optic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: viper68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington 700 SPS with a stock change, or a 700P. Good rings and a base are a must and don't shy on an optic. </div></div>

+1

SPS tactical.
Cant beat it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: viper68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington 700 SPS with a stock change, or a 700P. Good rings and a base are a must and don't shy on an optic. </div></div>
There's a pretty substantial difference between the SPS and 700P. The 700P's come out of the factory with an accuracy guarantee I believe. The SPS can be hit or miss. Granted, more "hit" than miss.