• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good bye old Friend.

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Colorado
You were the best shovel a boy could ask for. You have been with me, digging holes, killing snakes, and performing the occasional duty of a man sized bug swatter since I was seven years old. I thought I had lost you last year, but a little welding where your spade split and you were able to hold on bit longer. Your loss at the moment you left me was unexpected, but I knew you were on borrowed time. RIP friend. :cry:

P.S. Do you burry a shovel when it dies?

P.S.S. Does anyone have a shovel I can borrow?

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    805.8 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    671.3 KB · Views: 228
Looks like it just needs a new handle. Head to Lowes and carry on...

I imagine the time it would take to drill and drive out the two solid rivets that retain the rest of the handle. It would not be worth it to save a split and cracked spade that my parents bought used 30 years ago. Considering the price of a quality handle vs the price of a quality shovel.

I might hang this one up by Grandpa's old shovel in the garage. It has also clearly done work. Its not often you see 1 handle wear out a spade. I wish I knew where to get another one. It says union tools. I guess I start there, and hope they still make the quality shovel they did 40 years ago.

A good shovel is worth its weight in gold...and damn hard to find these days.

I've got a round head that's probably as old as I am (37), and that damn thing is the best tool I've ever owned. Hard to find a good round head shovel these days, everybody wants to sell pointed shovels with angled heads that suck ass for digging post holes, cutting roots, etc.

A good shovel is worth its weight in gold...and damn hard to find these days.

I've got a round head that's probably as old as I am (37), and that damn thing is the best tool I've ever owned. Hard to find a good round head shovel these days, everybody wants to sell pointed shovels with angled heads that suck ass for digging post holes, cutting roots, etc.

how about post hole diggers, everything is fuckin junk

Reactions: Foul Mike
WTS/WTT Vintage used high quality shovel spade.

Attachments

• IMG_0728.JPG
    IMG_0728.JPG
    573.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    511.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    430.9 KB · Views: 46
Of all the things I hope I wear out from using, a shovel is nowhere near the top of the list, Godspeed with you sir, you are one digging son of gun!

Reactions: OREGUN
US Made Razorback.

Last edited:
You were the best shovel a boy could ask for. You have been with me, digging holes, killing snakes, and performing the occasional duty of a man sized bug swatter since I was seven years old. I thought I had lost you last year, but a little welding where your spade split and you were able to hold on bit longer. Your loss at the moment you left me was unexpected, but I knew you were on borrowed time. RIP friend. :cry:

P.S. Do you burry a shovel when it dies?

P.S.S. Does anyone have a shovel I can borrow?

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
Your shovel was a hoe. Someone had to tell you.

Wait this is a Pit post.........was the shovel prepping for an Arkanacide?

• Haha
Reactions: BytorJr
I found one when I split the spade that looked like about the quality, but I can't find it now. If I remember it was about 100 bucks. Maybe i will check out the razor back. My best shovel wearing out days are behind me. We have that hard ground out here in the dessert :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

why not just fix it its metal metal can be fixed unlike today's plastic wonder land

if he can 1/2 fix that crappy shovel you can certainly fix yours your great great grand father would not have throw a dam thing out or burred a tool you should not either I have faith you can fix it if you really want to . Good luck if you do and my condolences if you decide a new shovel is a better option . all tools eventually break but many can be repaired like our ancestors used to do you could even melt it down and make a entirely new shovel maybe a better on .

Last edited:
So he has a "special relationship" with his tools. I can dig that, no judgement here. But man, saying his skinny was a hoe... well that's just too much. On the other hand, sometimes ya gotta call a spade a spade... know what I mean?

So are we mourning the shovel .... or the person he was going to bury with it ?

I think I just found the title for my book. How do you bury a shovel? How do you throw away a trashcan? Written by Junk Yard Dog.
THIS is the first thing I thought of. The question is not, “Do you bury a shovel when it dies,” but rather, “HOW do you bury a shovel when it dies?” Because, you know, you’re gonna need a shovel for that.

61F9E923-E025-4423-AF91-728D36BA0555.png
This is Shooter65s hand! And it ain’t from using a shovel!😂

THIS is the first thing I thought of. The question is not, “Do you bury a shovel when it dies,” but rather, “HOW do you bury a shovel when it dies?” Because, you know, you’re gonna need a shovel for that.
So...

Do I use my second wife to bury my first, third to bury the second...

I think this is worth contemplating. SO MANY holes in the desert...

As a former Army Engineer, "The Finger of God", Earth moving type. The "D" handled shovel was both the best and the bane for fighting positions. (The environmental friendly fucks made us quit using a backhoe.) E-tools are for grenade sumps only. A shortage of D handles meant the few got passed around like herpes, yet were prized and seldom returned if they weren't yours to begin with.

Rest now Supercorndogs shovel, your work is done.

"Lay Hold"

I grew up aroumd Crested Butte and my Grandad put handles in shovels a lot. He was good at it.

He told me-

"It doesn't take a strong back,--- just a weak mind." to break that handle."

If he would have owned a shovel like this one, he wouldn't have even known how to replace the handle, and his saying would have been.

"You would need a 1000 pound gorilla digging a hole in the driveway to break that shovel."

Or perhaps

"The person who could break that shovel could destroy and anvil with a rubber mallet."

The stumps, rocks, gas lines sewer lines.

The shovel my wife had you could break digging in soft serve ice cream. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Sadly, I destroy a shovel a year here.... usually backing over them with tractor... forgetting them in tractor bucket and running them over... or similar tractor-borne foolishness.

I have come to conclude that my tractor is jealous of shovels and hates them.

Sirhr