• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Good day shooting

rlbreakfield

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Mississippi
Been having some consistency issues. Wasn’t sure if it was me or my equipment.

Had a good day today at 136 yards tho

I usually run the 175s, 7 shots with 175 fgmm, counting the low left shot it was 1 1/8”. Not counting the low left shot it was 5/8”

Figured I’d try the 168s, 5 shots with 168 fgmm. I rezeroed and will try again tomorrow with these.

Tried the Norma Tac-308 150 fmjs. Mostly to get trigger time and collect some brass for reloading. The two flyers had a lot of carbon on the case necks almost all the way down to the case shoulder. I was feeling good about the first three but the last two were the flyers. ???

Reactions: jmb1911 and KZP
The group with the 168’s is nice. If you plan on going out to distance with them, you may find the 175’s to be more to your liking. DA, wind, and distance will make quite a difference between those 2 rounds.

It’s a factory Remington AAC-SD with a 1:10 twist. The threads weren’t concentric to the bore so I had the barrel cut a half inch and re-threaded so the barrel sits right at 19.5” now. I shot it with both the 175s and the 168s right after I got it. It liked the 175s slightly better then (3/4 moa). The 168s hovered right around 1 moa. I put about 300 rounds of the 175s through it and did a deep clean on it and accuracy went south. Like from consistent 5/8” to 1 1/2”. I’ve put about another 50 rounds through it and the accuracy is returning. I’ve about exhausted my stock of the 175s and Its time to reorder. I’ve got a Tikka that likes the 168s and I’m a cheap skate so i thought, id see if the rem would like the 168s now and I can just run the 168s in both of them. I’m gonna confirm the groups a couple more times before restocking.

I do wonder why the gun prefers the 168s better now tho. Is it common for a barrel to change like that?