• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good enuf for me~!

11D20

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2010
Arizona
Snapshot_20100610.jpg

It might be old school, but the AN/PVS 2 is the best 1st generation scope out there bar none...Yes, it's heavy, but it works...On a budget? Then keep your eyes open on ebay, gunshows and Craig's List....

Built the Ar-15 using a DPMS barrel, Cmmg lower, DPMS lower parts kit and bolt and American Spirit Arms M-4 upper receiver and Rock River Arms carry handle....

Built the gn for under $700.00....
Snapshot_20100610.jpg

Re: Good enuf for me~!

The AN/PVS 2, can be picked up for about $500.00 or so...Ebay sells them in the $300.00 range, or so...They are totally water proof to 3feet of saltwater, from -0 degrees to 150+ degrees...Only drawback is the reticle is not lit...but it is a range finding reticle using the T bar...It was used on everything from the M-14 to the M-60 Machine gun, 106 recoiless rifle, and other weapons...Well worth there weight...,Used these when I was in the Army in the early 70's...Parts are still available for these...Oscillator, caps, lenses, ect....

Here's the real question. Does anyone know where to get the "Double A" battery adapter?

Cheers,

Doc

Yes I do...Radio shack sells the battery adapter...All I did was use 2 double A battery holders and glued them together, then on either end I cut up an old wal-mart gift card and glued them to either end for support....Then 2 tacks inserted one on each end...Wire for 6 volts and you have the exact adapter that I made....Radio shack used to sell the quad AA adapter..I just don't know if they still do...Change the wire around for 6 volts and you now have the adapter~!
I made 2 of them and just mark positive end and negitive end....
Hope this helps

Also, there should be a place on line to get a manual....I got mine with the scope....Also check at a site called: WHAT A COUNTRY for best price of the scope...they should come with the battery adapter...a friend of mine just recently got one of these scopes after looking over mine and it came with the battery adapter and M-16 mount....Well worth the $550.00....I am in no way affiliated with What A Country at all...Just a good source for NVd's