• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good Guys With Guns

Just so that everyone is aware, when you google good guys with guns project this whole thread and conversation comes up....

Reactions: 1J04 and Tucker301
Yes sir.....first on the list when I searched it.

Try it in a "clean" browser or an Incognito Window in Chrome.
I have tracking blockers running in Chrome and I am wondering if your Google results are being affected by your own browsing.
Obviously if you add "Snipers Hide" to the search it comes right up, but I'm not seeing it the other way.

Hmmmm, got a receipt from Paypal in my email but the site doesnt show my message.

Usually it updates right away.

Try it in a "clean" browser or an Incognito Window in Chrome.
I have tracking blockers running in Chrome and I am wondering if your Google results are being affected by your own browsing.
Obviously if you add "Snipers Hide" to the search it comes right up, but I'm not seeing it the other way.

Your right, I hadn’t cleared my browser and I’ll try that. No SH in my search.

Reactions: Tucker301
Is there a free webpage hosting site that could host a simple page explaining who we are and what we are doing? If we had that and could bump it into the search engine "popular results" that would help.

Do you guys think we should take these things on back to back, or do it once a month?

Just got the thank you email myself. I think we took her by surprise by busting that out in a few hours

Reactions: 1J04 and RNWRKNP
Well she accepted the donations, so we know she is likely not an ultra radical diseased mind or she would’ve called cnn and publicly refunded everyone

I think project frequency would be largely dependent on participation. Was the idea of a Hide wide PM ever entertained?

Reactions: 1J04
"Ms. Marber, Your project was the second such one that my shooting friends and I have closed out in under 24 hours. We are not here to preach. We only hope to represent responsible gun owners and the shooting community in positive ways, instead of allowing the media to cast us all in the same stereotypical negative light. We are teachers, lawyers, IT professionals, policeman, firemen, airline pilots, military, plumbers, electricians and more who all share the common interests of the shooting sports and the preservation of our great nation. It has been our pleasure to assist with your project and to help provide the tools needed to help these beautiful children. God bless you and have a great year!! Good Guys With Guns

I think project frequency would be largely dependent on participation. Was the idea of a Hide wide PM ever entertained?
It's not something I can do.
Frank could perhaps do something with it or maybe by email to all members, but my hunch is he's letting us work through this and see if we can prove its worth before taking an official stance. There would be risks from his side in tying this officially to the site. He may not want that much outside attention. There are "those threads".

Reactions: 1J04 and pmclaine
"Ms. Marber, Your project was the second such one that my shooting friends and I have closed out in under 24 hours. We are not here to preach. We only hope to represent responsible gun owners and the shooting community in positive ways, instead of allowing the media to cast us all in the same stereotypical negative light. We are teachers, lawyers, IT professionals, policeman, firemen, airline pilots, military, plumbers, electricians and more who all share the common interests of the shooting sports and the preservation of our great nation. It has been our pleasure to assist with your project and to help provide the tools needed to help these beautiful children. God bless you and have a great year!! Good Guys With Guns

That was awesome Tucker?

I think it would be in the best interest to keep the project dissociated from the site, as we are doing now. Sure let’s get some more participation, but tying the hide to GGWG can probably make things difficult

It's not something I can do.
Frank could perhaps do something with it or maybe by email to all members, but my hunch is he's letting us work through this and see if we can prove its worth before taking an official stance. There would be risks from his side in tying this officially to the site. He may not want that much outside attention. There are "those threads".

It's something I can do. This job I'm applying for wants candidates to be familiar with all the bells and whistles when it comes to infrastructure as code. The project itself is simple, so my solution is going to be like nuking a fly, in that the deliverable - infrastructure and applications deployed in a fault-tolerant manner to multiple AWS regions using the SOA paradigm, are all defined and executed based off of a simple markup file. I'm basically just adding an extra layer of abstraction on top of the solution they asked for.

What I've learned so far is it's pretty damn cheap to operate like that, especially on a small scale.

My question, if this IS to be a SH thing, is how are we going to go about integrating the board software with whatever I come up with. It's probably trivial, but I don't have the answer yet.

Also, my website/webapp tastes are pretty remedial. To get started, though, I think my original idea for a frontend of a list of campaigns that once clicked on display all the steps necessary to participate, and also event subscriptions people can opt-in on to receive notifications when a new campaign is added, when a campaign needs approval, and when one is finished, etc, would work out OK for now.

If it's NOT a SH thing, then I can just do whatever the fuck I want to. Feedback/ideas are welcome.

Outstanding remarks Tucker.

I think it would be in the best interest to keep the project dissociated from the site, as we are doing now. Sure let’s get some more participation, but tying the hide to GGWG can probably make things difficult

This would also allow for the idea to be taken on by other sites and organizations and possibly turn into a much larger movement while at the same time minimizing personal exposure. That way the idea can be scaled up and exported while limiting ad hominem attacks by the antis.

At the same time, I think bringing it to other member's attention is a good thing.

There are a lot of people on here that would participate if they just knew about it. If I'm not on here the hour the rest of you decide to do something, I'm not included even though I'd gladly donate few bucks. It's gonna be large numbers donating small amounts that will get this thing going.

It's gonna have to come out of the closet if it's to thrive.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
So check this one out and tell me what you think.
https://www.donorschoose.org/project/so-many-books-so-little-funds/3346641/
There are a few interesting aspects to it.

1. It's right around the corner from my house
2. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation have pledged matching funds, dollar for dollar - current payoff is $358, which can be achieved with only $179 from us, due to the matching pledge.

I'm thinking with it being local that once we get it knocked out I can get some local news outlets to cover our story, possibly even one of the network affiliates from Richmond, VA to come down and do a piece on it.

"We at Good Guys With Guns are proud to assist with this project and are honored to partner with The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to bring these much needed resources to the students at Central High School. Thank you, Mrs. Davis, for bringing classic works of literature to these young minds!"

Last edited:
I just gave $25 on it.
Let's knock it out, but keep the amounts fairly low so we can get more numbers on the list with our message.
Remember, $25 becomes $50 due to the matching funds.

So check this one out and tell me what you think.
https://www.donorschoose.org/project/so-many-books-so-little-funds/3346641/
There are a few interesting aspects to it.

1. It's right around the corner from my house
2. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation have pledged matching funds, dollar for dollar - current payoff is $358, which can be achieved with only $179 from us, due to the matching pledge.

I'm thinking with it being local that once we get it knocked out I can get some local news outlets to cover our story, possibly even one of the network affiliates from Richmond, VA to come down and do a piece on it.

"We at Good Guys With Guns are proud to assist with this project and are honored to partner with The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to bring these much needed resources to the students at Central High School. Thank you, Mrs. Davis, for bringing classic works of literature to these young minds!"

Only reason I saw this was an alert due to my connection to the thread amigo. Thought I should let you know.

Reactions: 1J04 and Tucker301
I know. I added a link the thread to my signature. Hoping that will bring in others as we navigate in other sub forums.

Should all current participants do that? Slow and stupid when it comes to computers but willing to give it a go.

Tucker, Im looking for one in and around Charlottesville. Might as well explode a few liberal heads while doing good. should be able to get the media involved.

Reactions: Tucker301
I don't know. If wae can't do any better than this one has gone we may be done.

The last time you did this it hit the new post radar but not this time. It’s the only thing different from last time that I can put my finger on. I think this thing has legs amigo, we’re just not visible.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan