• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good News for Arkansas

Hi,

Few other States have long passed this and YET none of them have stood with the guy the Feds went after.
It did not work out too good for the guy that followed his States statute on NFA and the State let him go against the Feds all alone and he lost.

NONE of these laws say the Feds cannot come in and arrest anyone, it just says State LE is not going to assist the Feds in doing so.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Few other States have long passed this and YET none of them have stood with the guy the Feds went after.
It did not work out too good for the guy that followed his States statute on NFA and the State let him go against the Feds all alone and he lost.

NONE of these laws say the Feds cannot come in and arrest anyone, it just says State LE is not going to assist the Feds in doing so.

Sincerely,
Theis

Well shit, I didn’t dig to deep into it. Was hoping it meant better legal rights. Sure hate where it’s being taken by the libs...
Stand strong I recon..

Hi,

Yea, Texas, Wyoming (IIRC) and couple other States passed laws a few years ago that if NFA item was manufactured in their State and purchased by resident of their State and didn't attempt to leave their State.... that the resident would not have to follow Federal NFA regulations....

Well some guy done just that and the Feds won. His State let him fight that battle all by himself.

It is essentially just like the "Sanctuary Cities" in regards to illegal aliens.....Doesn't stop the Feds from doing anything, just says the local LE is not going to assist the Feds in doing such.

Sincerely,
Theis

Arizona has a similar bill going to the governors desk:

Passage of HB 2111 would:
  • Ban state and local enforcement of any federal firearms restrictions that don’t have concurrent measures in law in the state of Arizona.
  • Ban state and local enforcement of any future federal firearms restrictions that are not legal in Arizona.
So there's nothing prohibiting federal enforcement.

Hi,

Yea, Texas, Wyoming (IIRC) and couple other States passed laws a few years ago that if NFA item was manufactured in their State and purchased by resident of their State and didn't attempt to leave their State.... that the resident would not have to follow Federal NFA regulations....

Well some guy done just that and the Feds won. His State let him fight that battle all by himself.

It is essentially just like the "Sanctuary Cities" in regards to illegal aliens.....Doesn't stop the Feds from doing anything, just says the local LE is not going to assist the Feds in doing such.

Sincerely,
Theis
Montana was the first to pass a made in state firearms bill. The feds challenged it and the state lost. And yes, these laws just prohibit state or local help for the feds, but they don't purport to do anything else, so I am not sure what you are saying is much of an insight. They are somewhat pointless laws, especially when it comes to individual cases, but perhaps less pointless in a large scale gun grab that would require local assistance. I don't think that is likely anyway, so it is just the states stating their position on their own employees, which again, is all they say they are.

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
Sort of but not really. It certainly goes further than local LE just not assisting...

The state of KS "2A protection act" can prosecute federal employees that break KS law. And yes, KS is exactly the place the case you speak of happened regarding supressors manufactured within the state of KS. The law is there, IF it will be enforced or has teeth is another matter.

But the language is clear and it goes further than just "posturing".

Sec. 7. It is unlawful for any official, agent or employee of the gov- ernment of the United States, or employee of a corporation providing services to the government of the United States to enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the government of the United States regarding a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammu- nition that is manufactured commercially or privately and owned in the state of Kansas and that remains within the borders of Kansas. Violation of this section is a severity level 10 nonperson felony. Any criminal pros- ecution for a violation of this section shall be commenced by service of complaint and summons upon such official, agent or employee. Such of- ficial, agent or employee shall not be arrested or otherwise detained prior to, or during the pendency of, any trial for a violation of this section.

Not to be the bearer of bad news but what if something were to happen and Arkansas requested federal assistance? Would it be denied?

It looks to be as toothless as similar laws passed by other states.

"The measure will prohibit any law enforcement agencies in Arkansas from cooperating with federal officials".

So, if the feds violate the constitution, were not going to provide them with backup?

How about one that reads something like "actions taken in enforcement of such laws is a felony, punishable by no less than 10 years in prison".

And maybe skip the portion that Kansas added to the end of their statute, implying that it'll never be enforced.

"Such official, agent or employee shall not be arrested or otherwise detained prior to, or during the pendency of, any trial for a violation of this section."

Sort of but not really. It certainly goes further than local LE just not assisting...

The state of KS "2A protection act" can prosecute federal employees that break KS law. And yes, KS is exactly the place the case you speak of happened regarding supressors manufactured within the state of KS. The law is there, IF it will be enforced or has teeth is another matter.

But the language is clear and it goes further than just "posturing".

Sec. 7. It is unlawful for any official, agent or employee of the gov- ernment of the United States, or employee of a corporation providing services to the government of the United States to enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the government of the United States regarding a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammu- nition that is manufactured commercially or privately and owned in the state of Kansas and that remains within the borders of Kansas. Violation of this section is a severity level 10 nonperson felony. Any criminal pros- ecution for a violation of this section shall be commenced by service of complaint and summons upon such official, agent or employee. Such of- ficial, agent or employee shall not be arrested or otherwise detained prior to, or during the pendency of, any trial for a violation of this section.

Hi,

YAY they will serve the BATFE or USMS a summons while the resident sits in Federal holding facility awaiting trial at a Federal Courthouse.

OR do you think they will STOP the actual arrest via force?

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

YAY they will serve the BATFE or USMS a summons while the resident sits in Federal holding facility awaiting trial at a Federal Courthouse.

OR do you think they will STOP the actual arrest via force?

Sincerely,
Theis

It clearly states that the official, agent, etc will not be detained.

So yes, you will sit in fed jail.

But again the wording is clear. And if more people didnt discount it and demanded it be followed then...what?

But since ho-hum...its not enforceable, doesnt matter, etc. Then yep. You get what you get. Sir, thats why the left is clearly winning. Bigly.

Hi,

Except for the fact you have people like the OP that were/are in the thought process that these "posturing" laws have more reach than they actually do.

Sincerely,
Theis

I see it typically used to establish boundaries and positions in the 2A stand. I really didn’t see it as posturing..

I know what your saying, should have further reach than just “posturing”

Knock on wood, I don't want to jinx anything. But a few good things have happened to Arkansas lately. Sig has a facility here. CZ is suppose to build a plant here. Remington's ammo plant is back up and running and I'm even seeing some Remington signs back up in stores. They just passed a stand your ground law. And now this legislation. Keep um coming!!!

So the DEA isn't as concerned as the ATF...
Weird.

R

Hi,

Yep, the entire programs are a complete bureaucracy filled over-reach.

For example a Form 6 Import permit has a drop down menu with all sorts of shit to pick from. One of them being barrels but depending on what examining agent you get barrels fall under Firearm Parts BUT then require the notes to say barrels, lolol...

From Examining Agent:
Please note that barrels must be entered as firearm parts and not barrels. The manufacturer has been added with code SGQ. You may re-submit the permit as firearm parts and list them as barrel blanks in the description as you did on this one. This permit will have to be withdrawn, as we can’t submit it as is. Thank you.

1617385608637.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Rthur
The dea and cia have a bad enough track record in Arkansas. They don’t need another black eye there, it’s the atf’s turn to take one for the gubment team.

Reactions: Sandhog308
Hi,

Yep, the entire programs are a complete bureaucracy filled over-reach.

For example a Form 6 Import permit has a drop down menu with all sorts of shit to pick from. One of them being barrels but depending on what examining agent you get barrels fall under Firearm Parts BUT then require the notes to say barrels, lolol...

From Examining Agent:
Please note that barrels must be entered as firearm parts and not barrels. The manufacturer has been added with code SGQ. You may re-submit the permit as firearm parts and list them as barrel blanks in the description as you did on this one. This permit will have to be withdrawn, as we can’t submit it as is. Thank you.

View attachment 7596104

Sincerely,
Theis
Not surprised.
It is also interesting how the 07 is "interpreted" depending on which state you are in.

R

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

I'm assuming this is much the same as the state laws related to "recreationals"
If the feds want to go bust you, nobody is going to stop them.

Just means that the locals can't do the Fed's jobs for them.

I'm assuming while they don't currently do much about the plants, they WOULD find the time to let you know that the ATF loves being in power...

Hi,

Except for the fact you have people like the OP that were/are in the thought process that these "posturing" laws have more reach than they actually do.

Sincerely,
Theis
The 'STATE' needs to make it really clear to protect its citizens. Never the less, its a beginning. More states need to follow suit.

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
Fair enough. But at least they are statements in the right direction. I've never heard anybody suggest that the states would go after the feds, just not help them. That seems fine to me. At least it seems fine for issues that are clearly not interstate. This is in contradistinction to Sanctuary Cities which involve one of the only clear mandates the federal government has. I can't think of anybody who believes that immigration should be a state issue...

Come on back Brother! Sorry to hear about the layoff!
Thanks.....maybe I'll survive. I love where I work and what I do. But have to mentally prepare for the bad news if there is some.

It's weird that so many gun/ammo companies are in AR. Walther/Umarex, CZ, Sig Ammunition, Rem/Vista Ammunition, Nighthawk/Wilson, and word is Fiocchi is either relocating here, or building another plant here.

Goodness. Maybe I'll move back to my home state after I get laid off (likely in next 2 weeks).
Come on back fella ! Have no idea what your job and skills are , but as 101stinfantry posted , Arkansas has lots of shooting related industries. From NWA to Little Rock has some beautiful country to boot , lots of hunting and fishing areas , plus the cost of living isn’t as bad as most other states.
My daughter lives in Bella Vista on the Ark-Mo border , and she claims there are lots of jobs up there. As a rule the people are friendly, most are pro 2A and love their weapons. The biggest negative to me is humid summers , bugs & critters.
👍

Reactions: OldSalty2
It's weird that so many gun/ammo companies are in AR. Walther/Umarex, CZ, Sig Ammunition, Rem/Vista Ammunition, Nighthawk/Wilson, and word is Fiocchi is either relocating here, or building another plant here.

Hi,

Smart business just on the pure shipping and logistics standpoint.....relatively same shipping cost going to both East and West Coast while not suffering winter storms that could shut down production.

Along with ease of getting raw goods and imported equipment, etc straight from Port of New Orleans.

Sincerely,
Theis

Not to mention we are a Pro-2nd amendment state. We welcome Firearms and ammunition mfg’s. We have the Ozarks and Ouachita Nat Forests that are a real gem for recreation. Have great rivers and lakes for recreation also. Great hunting and fishing oppritunities. Our cost of living is cheaper than most states. But, the hot, humid summers are a bitch