• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Got 2 Sunshades to work with SS 5-20x50HD

CanPopper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
Houston, TX
I was testing the various sunshades I have lying around the house. Here is what works and what doesn't:

1. Trijicon 50mm - no
2. Leupold 50mm for VX3 - yes
3. Rubber slip on sunshade purchase from Natchezss for 50mm scopes - yes

Cool thing is Leupold sunshades should be readily available and they will also work with Leupold's very excellent alumina magnetic flip up lens covers.

Re: Got 2 Sunshades to work with SS 5-20x50HD

How well does the different shades match up with the objective??

Pictures?? Pictures??

DK

Can we see some pics of that Luepold sunshade installed?

I'll get some pictures later today. Or most likely videos. I'm better at videos than I am at pictures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can we see some pics of that Luepold sunshade installed?</div></div>

Here is the Leupold shade installed.

DSC01136.jpg

Aron-

Thanks guys. Think I will hold out for the one from SWFA.

Try one of the Weaver Super Slam 50MM shades. Pretty sure that will work.

John

Here's some dimensions on the two I have now. The numbers are thread OD(mm), thread pitch(mm), tube OD(mm), tube length(inches). Can someone supply the same data for a tube that fits correctly?

Weaver 3-15x50
56mm x 0.75mm x 60mm x 3"

Millett 4-16x50
56mm x 0.75mm x 59mm x 4"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try one of the Weaver Super Slam 50MM shades. Pretty sure that will work.

John </div></div>

Ok... so I bought one. The sheen is just a *little* different, but a perfect fit otherwise.

IMG_0463.jpg

John

John, is the OD of the Weaver shade same as the SS Objective OD ?

ARon-

Yup. Exactly. Like they were made for each other.
wink.gif

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Disregard the pm Jrob. </div></div>

Too late.
grin.gif

John

Awesome, I will just keep my Weaver Super Slam sunshade that I got when I ordered my Weaver 3-15x50 Tactical scope and use it on the SS 5-20x50HD. It didn't have the same finish as the Weaver Tactical either but that doesn't bother me.

It matches the SS *MUCH* closer than the 3-15 Tactical. I had one also... unfortunately, I sold the shade with the scope.
frown.gif

John