• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got a long range hunting rig? Let’s show them off!

.280 Ackley
Brux #5, 22", Tbac Ultra 7
AG composites
Trigger Tech
Swaro Z6i
Makes a nice little bean field rifle
IMG_1871.jpg
IMG_1873.jpg
IMG_1874.jpg

Bighorn TL3
Manners EH1 W/ CIP mini chassis
26" Proof 28 Nosler, throated for 195's.
AMG

28 nosler.jpg

Last edited:
T3 .300 Win Mag
Harrells Precision 3 port brake
McMillan Sako Hunter pattern
SWFA fixed 10x MIL/MIL

It has accounted for a few freezers full of elk.
Typically ranges have been in the mid 400s.

Between this T3 and my short 20" barreled, light McMillan Edge stocked .308 T3, if I never bought another hunting rifle again, I would not feel the least bit handicapped.

Last edited:
I'll be able to join you fellas soon, mailed off my parts to Travis at TS Customs to have a 7SS spun up. Hopefully I'll get it back in month or so, and be close to 3000 fps with 180 Hybrids.

Specs:

Lone Peak Fuzion SA
Proof Sendero 1:8.25 @24"
Manners EH1
Kahles 318i

Great minds
180 hybrids at 2985 tiny tiny groups and consistent cold bore shots at 1000
9.8#
4AEF928F-9DB0-402B-BEB8-F681F941BC92.jpeg

Attachments

• E439166B-8DED-44D9-8687-421721E7709B.jpeg
    E439166B-8DED-44D9-8687-421721E7709B.jpeg
    562.9 KB · Views: 116
Ruger Hawkeye long range target .300 WM

Burris XTRii

Iota rings

Just ordered a SureFire Socom 2 mini

All factory and nothing fancy but .4 groups with 210 Berger VLD’s. This is my first LR rifle, but I’m hooked and will soon be building a custom rifle.

I just got one of these on an extreme deal. If anybody has any tips or suggestions please reply or PM. Thinking of adding pillars and bedding. Still deciding which bullet to run as well. This is my first magnum rifle.

Lefthand Tuebor stainless Raider
McGowan barrel
Mesa Precision Altitude stock

Attachments

• IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: Genin
The Tikka / Bravo combo did a fine job with 140 Nosler Ballistic Tips and RL16.
I was invited to participate in a cull shoot to reduce the Blackbuck antelope herd on some high fence property.
The tikka handled the task easily on 3 does today, with shots at 225 ,250 and 275 yards.
C262C329-C540-425D-83CC-83613F06CB44.jpeg
9A13AC32-3B14-48FD-A699-29181C13E83C.jpeg

T3 .300 Win Mag
Harrells Precision 3 port brake
McMillan Sako Hunter pattern
SWFA fixed 10x MIL/MIL

It has accounted for a few freezers full of elk.
Typically ranges have been in the mid 400s.

Between this T3 and my short 20" barreled, light McMillan Edge stocked .308 T3, if I never bought another hunting rifle again, I would not feel the least bit handicapped.

Mackay, what are you using in your 300 Win mag? I picked up a used T3X in that but the magazine is only 3.38”. Not enough OAL for the 215 hybrid I wanted to try.

The Tikka / Bravo combo did a fine job with 140 Nosler Ballistic Tips and RL16.
I was invited to participate in a cull shoot to reduce the Blackbuck antelope herd on some high fence property.
The tikka handled the task easily on 3 does today, with shots at 225 ,250 and 275 yards.View attachment 7151176View attachment 7151177

Added two more to the tally on Sunday with 250 and 300 yard kills.
IMG_0808.JPG

This is a photo of one of several herds on the property:
IMG_0756.JPG

I just sent the following parts to Justin at Spinner's for him to put together a true "unicorn" for me.

Browning X-Bolt action - left handed
Bartlein #3 .277 barrel
McMillan game scout stock

I am going to have a LEFT HANDED BROWNING HELL'S CANYON McMILLAN X-BOLT chambered in .270 win.

I have been trying to get one from Browning for the past two years without any luck. I think the one they made for Shot show and used in the catalog was the only one they made, and it sure as heck wasn't chambered in .270.

Reactions: Wags and gnochi
I just sent the following parts to Justin at Spinner's for him to put together a true "unicorn" for me.

Browning X-Bolt action - left handed
Bartlein #3 .277 barrel
McMillan game scout stock

I am going to have a LEFT HANDED BROWNING HELL'S CANYON McMILLAN X-BOLT chambered in .270 win.

I have been trying to get one from Browning for the past two years without any luck. I think the one they made for Shot show and used in the catalog was the only one they made, and it sure as heck wasn't chambered in .270.

What twist you going with?

John

1:10 was all I could find at the time. About 2 hours after I order it, I found a Brux 1:9 for sale. Really bummed about that. Oh well, the 1:10 has been filling freezers for years.

Mackay, what are you using in your 300 Win mag? I picked up a used T3X in that but the magazine is only 3.38”. Not enough OAL for the 215 hybrid I wanted to try.

Redsnake tactical makes a BM that accepts AI long action mags that will give you more OAL.

300 Win Mag
McM A5 with KMW Cheekrest
Surgeon 1086 LA
Triggertech Diamond Pro Curve Trigger
Surgeon LA DBM
Obermeyer Barrel
Threaded 5/8-24 for TBAC
USO SN3 EREK ERGO
230grain Bergers
Built by Jon Beanland

IMG_6292.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Wags
I just got one of these on an extreme deal. If anybody has any tips or suggestions please reply or PM. Thinking of adding pillars and bedding. Still deciding which bullet to run as well. This is my first magnum rifle.

Just saw your reply.

I had those things on my list as well but truthfully after messing around and finding a good load I didn’t find it necessary. Shoots a consistent .250-.400 I’m sure the errors are me. Just today I rang a 8” plate going 3 for 3 at 800 in under 30 seconds, I won’t complain about that.

I will note that it definitely likes the heavier bullets, and doesn’t like to be ran hot at least in my experiences 210 VLD for me at 2846 with 2 FPS deviation.

Since owning the rifle I have found it to be extremely uncommon and little info out about it. But I have zero complaints.

Love the trigger
Good magazine
Great muzzle brake
Nice stock (heavy though)
Great safety design
Reliable extraction

Also would like to note the Burris XTR ii has been fantastic, replaced a Vortex HS-LR that didn’t track worth a damn.

Reactions: tlsmith22
Just saw your reply.

I had those things on my list as well but truthfully after messing around and finding a good load I didn’t find it necessary. Shoots a consistent .250-.400 I’m sure the errors are me. Just today I rang a 8” plate going 3 for 3 at 800 in under 30 seconds, I won’t complain about that.

I will note that it definitely likes the heavier bullets, and doesn’t like to be ran hot at least in my experiences 210 VLD for me at 2846 with 2 FPS deviation.

Since owning the rifle I have found it to be extremely uncommon and little info out about it. But I have zero complaints.

Love the trigger
Good magazine
Great muzzle brake
Nice stock (heavy though)
Great safety design
Reliable extraction

I hadn't been on in a while. Thank you for your reply! I finally got to the range with it and ran 15 rounds of FGMM 190gr. It grouped about 1 MOA off front/rear bags. It tightened up a little off pod/bag but showed a touch of vertical stringing that I suspect is me learning the trigger. It breaks crisply but seems a touch heavy. I'll find something heavier to try next go around.

20170801_091456.jpg

Aiae with tooley bart 6.5creed and lri bolt bush job. Definitely not lightweight, but I managed to climb into a hay loft to take this shot at 592yds
20170801_090252.jpg

This one isnt as fancy as some of these customs, but its killed everything from whistle pigs to pest permit deers. Savage target action with a 20" 243 8tw criterion and bedded hs precision.
20161221_122357.jpg

I had a fox hanging around newborn calves for 2 days, didnt like how it was acting so he got smoked.
I've got 2 loads for it, 70gr blitz kings at 3500 and 107smk at 2900. Rifle is zeroed at 275yd with blitzkings, perfect for calling yotes. Inside 340yds, no need to hold off fur. The 107 load hits dead on at 200, with the 70gr zero. Shooter has the appropriate zero range for each load, if I need to dial. Both loads at 100yds confirming zero
20181109_092349.jpg