• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got a reply from Redwing

Those are nice! Distressed rough out?

I’ll post my Wescos in like 12 weeks when they show up. Maybe I’ll send my Whites back and see what they can do after that. like you said, hopefully one of the more seasoned guys can get a hold of them.

Those are nice! Distressed rough out?

I’ll post my Wescos in like 12 weeks when they show up. Maybe I’ll send my Whites back and see what they can do after that. like you said, hopefully one of the more seasoned guys can get a hold of them.
Ding, ding, ding. The new ones are 350 cruisers in distressed rough out built on the smoke jumper last. The other pair are burgundy 350 cutters built on the standard cutter/cruiser last. I ordered them by accident actually, I don't particularly like lace to toe shoes. They're fine now thay they've broken in. I do prefer the smoke jumper support though. When I started down this path I almost went with Wesco instead of White's, maybe one day I'll give em a shot.

That’s kinda funny. My Whites were distressed rough lowers with smooth uppers but I think they rebuilt them with regular brown. The Wescos are burgundy smooth. Both lace to toe

I hear you on the arch ease last. I hope the Wescos are at least close.

8F2E2AF8-8DAD-4900-B936-F773A48BDAC8.jpeg

My other smoke jumpers are smooth brown uppers on brown rough out everything else.
20200722_060525.jpg

I use Obenoffs on all mine, so that makes em darken up some. Curious to see how the distressed RO looks after a rub down.

I guess just like anything else. If you don't make it yourself or see it made with your own eyes, how do you know anything is. I've spoken to the guy who built one pair, so there's that. Ultimately, you can tell if something was made in a third world shit operation or by someone with skill.

More boots...View attachment 7382593View attachment 7382594

How’d your Smoke Jumper conversion turn out? I got the Wescos in the other day. Super happy. The attention to detail is the best I’ve seen.

1B43D454-073B-4BF4-8B97-2609A2970A48.jpeg
2C5956A7-B46F-4058-95A9-39B712F93729.jpeg

Reactions: Sixfivesavage