• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Got bored, painted rifle!!! (Second try)

Re: Got bored, painted rifle!!! (Second try)

The first paint job looked like poo=poo, so I thought I'd just try to spray away, this time without fancy stencils...

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

I also sprayed the AR-10, I don't like it as much...

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

What oyu guys think??? I think I'm getting closer, but they still aren't EXACTLY tickling my fancy...

Jason

you are a dork. i still havent gotten to shoot your ar10 yet. btw i have been prepping that brass i got from you for about 2 weeks now. i definatly need some power tools.

Why don't you use that DeWalt that you keep your butt plug attached to?

You going to be at HR?

i think you need to get bored more often, seems thats when you do your best work...they both look real nice, cya a hrock...

Only thing i could think of to maybe deepen the look, would be to add another color to them, and overlap some of the designs, that would add some nice depth.

nope. goona be in savannah.
and i have been using my dewalt on the trimmer, and i just found that i could chuck my chamfering bit into my makita. now i need a deburring tool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZYA_LTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only thing i could think of to maybe deepen the look, would be to add another color to them, and overlap some of the designs, that would add some nice depth. </div></div>

I wanted to add a 3rd color, but I got scared. I thought I would go to far and make it look tacky. I used the "less is more" philosophy.

I might repaint them though, that's the beauty of Krylon.. LOL

I have to post a pic of my "tester" gun. A Hi-point 9 that I've been spraying to see what colors/ patterns would look like together. At least that POS is good for something....

Re: Got bored, painted rifle!!!

nice job fellas. love to see paint jobs and im addicted to spray on my own toys. did one yesterday on my varmint 10fp and although im mastering pattern in leaf motif,(havent figured out how to post pics,help?) i cant seem to find satisfactory colr offerings to suit my ao perfectly. standard tan,olive and brown flat paint only gets so far to that custum look im wanting. i did try a few new ones yesterday with mixed results. if i put this semi transparent "woodland brown" satin krylon over a solid coat of tan it approximated a dead leaf pretty well but seems to leave a slightly shiny finish and im not in love with. anyway keep tagging them stiks and postin the pics brothers.

Re: Got bored, painted rifle!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used Acetone and Denatured Alcohol. I wish I had taken pictures of the process, but I live in an apartment, so I kept having to go out on the porch, hang it up, spray it real quick, then run inside and hang it to dry so as the hippies didn't go calling the cops complaining about a psycho in the bell tower...... I hate apartment living... </div></div>

I know this is an old thread but I came across it and got a great laugh. I seriously kept scrolling back up to read it again. The shit people will call the cops for... I know exactly what youre talking about.