• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Got DD214 - do you need a Glock? Blue label special open again for Military

I’m sure there are many handguns that rival the Glock 19 in performance but the ubiquity of Glock’s accessories, parts, upgrades, and magazines make owning anything else pointless except from a “collector” standpoint.

I buy pistols for close range games and self defense. The reason glock has so many accessories is to combat the lack of ergonomics and design in the first place.
They're not a rifle, they don't need a bunch of crazy add-ons. They need to ride in a holster and provide accurate close range fire with simplicity.

Give me a pistol that works, has a 1911 grip angle, and I'll make it into the 10 ring from a pistol distance. I have put many rounds down range through my xd, sigs, and CZ's. They all work, and besides a trigger kit in the XD they have had nothing but cleaning and lube.

I have thought about building a glock with all aftermarket parts since Lone Wolf came out with a frame that wouldn't require me to retrain my muscle memory.

I've bought a few Glocks over the years on their blue label program as a firefighter. All I had to do was show my FD ID. Great pricing. I'll probably pick up a Glock 40 sometime in the near future. I've never owned a CZ, may have to check out that program also :).

IF you have DD214 and post access then go to PX instead and when they have 'em on sale, usually $50 off, you can get 'em for less than the blue label deal and there's no tax either. I think I paid $425 out the door for a new G26 few years back.

Other stores will extend deals and sales to veterans and active duty all the time, as a matter of course, and so I tend to stick only with those dealers. Given how many dealers and such there are out there, if you're a veteran and you're not getting at least 5-10% off on everything you buy year round, you ain't been shopping around.

Some high end mfg.'s will give you military accounts (Oh and do I have one I covet like a motherfucker too) others will give you 30% discounts and defer costs to non-veteran/military customers to make up for it! Always worth asking if they offer the discount.

PS, when sending copies of your DD214, use "that other" copy if you can and make sure to tape over your SSN before you run it through the scanner.