• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my 375 Veirsco mag today!

Can you post some pics of some sambar stags you've shot at a mile ridge rider? I'd love to see them[/QUOTE

What have you been smoking Apples; show me where I made that statement as I've never stated that I've shot sambar stags or any stags at a mile for that matter.

Last edited:
Ridge Rider,
Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun with both those rifles. I'm sure that the .375VM will kill game ok.

I really wanted to get your thoughts on the max range of the .375 VM compared to your .338 Snipetac on Sambar. Do you think you will be able to stretch the distance a lot further with the .375 VM given the great performance that the .338 Snipetac provides.
The 350gn SMK has a bit higher BC than the 300gn SMK and the .375 VM would provide a bit more velocity than the .338 Snipetac.
What do you think this difference in performance actually means in terms of extending your hunting distance?

Kiwi Greg,
Thanks for the jacket thickness details on the larger SMK, it sure is a lot tougher but then again it is also a larger diameter so maybe that contributes to something as well?

Norm,
It's early days still with the 375 at this point of time.
I am waiting for my batch of 375 grain SMK's to arrive before I can progress any further.
Not sure about how much I will be able to stretch the distance over the 338Snipetac but both are capable of 3000 yard interdiction according to Dave Viers.
Will you know when I have something to report.

Sorry, you are quite right. You say that your going to, not that you have. Keep us posted how you go with that.