• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my chrono up an going...what software

Ghogs Nightmare

Wobi Madano
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2006
In the Nightmares of Ghogs
Well sold my pact when didnt have time to use it blah blah..
Picked up a CED M2.....What do you guys like, not like about your ballistics programs. What would you recommend.
My phones a dumb one so won't be downloading an "app"

Re: Got my chrono up an going...what software

You can use any trajectory software you want. But I advise actually field testing at known ranges with minimum 5 round groups. I prefer 10 shot groups. But 5 will usually locate you on paper.

Buy a used iPod Touch off of ebay and download Ballistic FTE.

Any program that works for you. I use this one.

You may need something to stabilize the M2 when shooting prone. I cut a 3/4" plywood to about 12"x12" (maybe a little bigger, I didn't measure). I drilled a hole in the middle and bought a screw that is threaded for the camera/tripod mount(don't remember the thread pitch, but it was 1" long). I screw the plywood onto the support rail, and set it up prone. The plywood adds weight and keeps it from moving around. The 3/4" plywood is level to the bottom of the sensors. It works good to keep it from blowing over or moving around.

Chad,

The thread for the photo tripod is 1/4" - 20tpi. Just for future reference.