• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my TAD Ranger Hoodie today

Cerebus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2008
Frederick, MD
Picked it up at lunch time. It was 20 degrees and windy when I left work tonight and it kept me just as warm as my North Face Atlas does ...with significantly less weight and bulk. Very pleased already with just that fact.
smile.gif

Dunno how I feel about the actual hood yet, it's a little on the big side. I do like that it lays flat though.

Re: Got my TAD Ranger Hoodie today

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cerebus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Dunno how I feel about the actual hood yet, it's a little on the big side. I do like that it lays flat though. </div></div>

My Otte Gear Parka has a pretty big hood also. I imagine that is was designed for troops in the field wearing a helmet.

They are made in the USA. I picked up one used and really like it for 30-60F weather.

How tall are you? I'm 6'2" and an XL fits me great with plenty of length.

I had mine on earlier tonight. It was 9 degrees out with below zero temps and all I had underneath was a long sleeved t-shirt. It blocks the wind like no other fleece I've ever worn. It's almost too warm. I'm thinking of picking up the LT version in the spring.

-2 in nj with windchill, a sweatshirt and my tad kept me pretty warm. Def worth the $

use mine in mtns of trashcanistan right now. could decide between tad and arc, but went with tad. love it, wont look back

I really like mine. I layer up under it if it is too cold out.

I have one. Really enjoy it. Occasionally pair it with my stealth LT

I bought one a couple years ago while on vacation in San Fran. Some of the best money I ever spent.

Agree with everyone above, I have both weights and use them both all the time depending on the activity. They are here to stay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agree with everyone above, I have both weights and use them both all the time depending on the activity. They are here to stay. </div></div>

Jason how big of a tad whore would you say you are again?
smile.gif

And I agree I wear the Ranger Hoodie for comps when the weather requires it and it holds up very very well.

I love my Ranger jacket, wearing it today in fact. Mine is also made in the USA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Essential</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now if they would just make Tall sizes damnit </div></div>

How tall are you? I'm 6'3" and the XL is plenty long for me. In fact it's longer than any of the other XL sized jackets and fleeces I have. It's fitment is one of the things I like the most about it, as TAD made it longer so you can reach and move without exposing skin.

With the TAD jackets what does the LT mean? I have looked all over their website and for the life of me can't find out what that means, I am looking at getting the ranger jacket.

Walter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wburke2010</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the TAD jackets what does the LT mean? I have looked all over their website and for the life of me can't find out what that means, I am looking at getting the ranger jacket.

Walter </div></div>

Its the "light" version.

I used to have a standard weight one, but I got smaller and it got way too big. I've been considering ordering a new one because I miss the old one too much. I will say, my old standard Ranger was a bit heavy in the early fall and spring and the LT is somewhat appealing to me. I couldn't afford both. The price is a tough pill to swallow, but TAD gear is excellent quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wburke2010</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the TAD jackets what does the LT mean? I have looked all over their website and for the life of me can't find out what that means, I am looking at getting the ranger jacket.

Walter</div></div>

It's a lighter weight fleece. So you can actually move in it and not burst into flames. Today, standing around at the range, wore the warm one. If I was walking with the kids or going to the store, would be the lighter one so that I wouldn't be sweating the whole time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wburke2010</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a miserable 70 something today.</div></div>

I hate you :p

Ok, I'll admit, I'm jealous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wburke2010</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a miserable 70 something today.</div></div>

I hate you :p

Ok, I'll admit, I'm jealous. </div></div>

It's not all that great I actually like the cold weather, but it never really cold.

Walter

I will warn anyone looking to buy one that they run a little small. Everything I own is an XL, but I needed a 2X in the Hoodie. I had bought a used in XL thinking it would fit. It was too tight even with nothing but a t-shirt on under it.

Unless the hood grows on me, I will probably replace this with just the Jacket comes next fall. When I ordered this one, I wanted just the jacket, but they didn't have them in 2X.

Be careful, before you know it, your closet with be filled with $2000 worth of TAD jackets.

I'm taking it to dinner and a movie tomorrow. I think I can close the deal.

Im 6ft5in and 220 with long arms. I have a hard time finding stuff to fit me.

Thinking of the Stealth Hoodie, but up here in Michigan, wondering if it is up to the task at keeping me warm. I don't like to layer alot unless I am out in it for hours.

Does anyone know if this will keep me warm in the teen to 20 degree rannge with lets say a light / medium sweater or under armour underneath???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc_J</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Does anyone know if this will keep me warm in the teen to 20 degree rannge with lets say a light / medium sweater or under armour underneath???</div></div>

Just standing in one place or walking/hiking/cutting wood type activities?

A legit 20 (meaning not 29,) and if I am not moving a lot, I definitely need to layer up with my Sealth. I shoot a lot in that type of weather, and I find that if I spend a fair amount of time shooting and only walking out to the target now and again to keep the blood flowing, I need to wear the following:

Northface Chilkat boots (very insulated)
Wool socks
Thermal bottoms
Pants
Thermal top (using a TAD Ares half zip right now)
Sweatshirt
Stealth
Gloves
Winter hat

I tend to want to be warmer than colder. A couple hours in the cold really saps it out of you. And you can always layer down.

Gotta love TAD! Great stuff, one of the team chiefs at my unit has had one for a few years now. I picked up a Helikon though and haven't looked back since!

I'm 6'4" 240lbs with long arms, XL jackets usually fit fine except the sleeves which are 2-3" to short and XXL are like tents. I know I am not alone it seems every match I go to guys have the same problem.

Does anyone wear a Stealth and Ranger together? If so, do you have them in the same size? I know the Ranger is cut a bit smaller as a mid layer and was wondering if the Stealth runs a little smaller or closer to "normal".

I wear the Stealth and the Praetorian, both Medium. Stealth runs more of a normal size, but the Praetorian is cut smaller so the layering of the two works great. It's all I've had to wear this winter and it's gotten below zero a couple times.

Cerebus, no problem layering the Stealth and Ranger (or Ranger LT); pretty sure they were designed for that. At least mine certainly fit like there were...

eta: I'm talking about the Stealth and Ranger in the same size (didn't make that clear on the first go-around)