• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Gotta love the welfare class...

Re: Gotta love the welfare class...

She won the STATE lottery and gets food-stamps from the STATE so at this point what with all the media attention if she's still getting food-stamps, it's just as much the states fault.

Wow, I couldn't respond to this without typing something that violates forum rules. I guess I'll just say this type of crap gives me little hope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont worry they are about to pass a bill that will stop this. </div></div>

No need to pass a bill as the law already exists.

The way I see it, she's not much different than the guys who retire with a taxpayer funded pension, then go back to work with a different title same govt agency, while collecting the pension.
They actually cost me a LOT more than this piece of shit.
If it was up to me, they could all hold targets.

Well she is 24 already owned a house??? bought a second house after the windfall.

but unemployed? who paid the mortgage on the first house?
state assistance?

and wtf she is on food stamps and had enough spare change to buy lottery tickets in the first place?

How many kids do you have to kick out to get enough state assistance to pay a home mortgage??

Low life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim See</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
and wtf she is on food stamps and had enough spare change to buy lottery tickets in the first place?</div></div>

^^This

The way I see it, the taxpayers should get the winnings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The way I see it, she's not much different than the guys who retire with a taxpayer funded pension, then go back to work with a different title same govt agency, while collecting the pension.

</div></div>

WTF... so because I'm willing to retire once (which BTW doesn't pay enought to live on) and get another job.... I'm as bad as somebody on welfare?

fuck you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The way I see it, she's not much different than the guys who retire with a taxpayer funded pension, then go back to work with a different title same govt agency, while collecting the pension.

</div></div>

WTF... so because I'm willing to retire once (which BTW doesn't pay enought to live on) and get another job.... I'm as bad as somebody on welfare?

fuck you</div></div>

IF: A you are collecting a guvmint pension, ie = my tax dollars
and B you are working for same agency different title while collecting that pension AND earning wages from same guvmint=
double dipping.
YES you can hold my targets..
Elvis has left the building...........

So whats so different about this than the people getting welfare, driving a escalde with 30" rims and eating out every night ? At least she bought a house and hopefully pays taxes. Hell, she probably paid half a mill on those winnings anyways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The way I see it, she's not much different than the guys who retire with a taxpayer funded pension, then go back to work with a different title same govt agency, while collecting the pension.

</div></div>

fuck you</div></div>

IF: A you are collecting a guvmint pension, ie = my tax dollars
and B you are working for same agency different title while collecting that pension AND earning wages from same guvmint=
double dipping.
YES you can hold my targets..
Elvis has left the building........... </div></div>

I have no skin in this game. Just a question. Lets say I work for X police department work twenty years and retire with a pension( which I was guranteed under a contract)then I go work for Y police department in the same state. Both cities are subsidized by state tax dollars. Why should you call someone your target holder, when the person honorbale carried out their contract and recieved guranteed compensation, amI a scumbag?
Im a conservative and HATE government waste but your outlook on this issue scares me.

Wait a minute,....she only won a million dollars, she took the cash (you end up getting a lot less than half the money), she's unemployed, and she owns <span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-style: italic">TWO</span></span> homes with one being worth a <span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-style: italic">million</span></span> bucks, <span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-style: italic">AND</span></span> a brand new <span style="font-size: 11pt">car</span>?

How did she expect to pay for all that? I guess that explains the food stamps.

Some people are just beyond stupid. I could have invested that in real estate properties and actually made a couple hundred grand a year sitting on my ass. :|

opshin556

so by your thinking any of us that retire from the military, then go to work for the DoD, are as bad as someone on welfare...

opshin556
everyone is entitled to their opinion on a issue, the reason why the US is the BEST country to live in.
on another note im allowed to think that opshin556 is a complete idiot and does not understand the difference between WORKING for the "GUVMINT" and recieving compensation and being on welfare.
* I am not a goverment employee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IF: A you are collecting a guvmint pension, ie = my tax dollars
double dipping. </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1J3w4cS2MvM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1J3w4cS2MvM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Getting shot at in the Military or LE, then going back to work in some avenue is a tad bit, yes a tad bit by like tad as in whale penis vs mouse penis, different than sucking off of welfare.

This tax payer, here as in me, who has never been Mil or LE, has zero problems with it, and believe me, my wife and I pay some damn taxes.

Of all the damn things to focus on, the double dipping of less than 1% of the Military population isn't where the money drain is. Good Lord in heaven its that damn sucker fish bottom feeding herpes store vendor who can't turn on a calculator, even a solar one. My wife has to deal with those damn vermin at her job, and they yell at my wife, cussing, complaining, all the while the retired Military guy/gal behind her waits patiently with a smile. Then is told tricare premiums have gone up and they pay it, with dignity, and that bottom feeding ass blowing garbage welfare wonder bitches that htey had to pay 4 dollars...

This video will show you what it is like for my wife at her Pharmacy, anyone that deals with these non contributing zeros, as in LE, Docs, Nurses, will recognize it. I could write a thousand stories of the crap she has seen in her work of these micro singularities that suck amazing amounts of funds from the coffers of society.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OOzRt1x2FPk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OOzRt1x2FPk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do we give out free money to people when there is trash and graffiti that needs to be cleaned up in every city in America? </div></div>

Rent = $900/mo.
Welfare = $900/mo.
Work income = $700/mo.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm just throwing out some food for thought.

What would happen to you right now, if, for some tragic reason you had to spend your savings on some health related issue, and then be told Friday afternoon that you no longer had a job? You file for unemployment and find out that the only job you can get pays $100 less per week than your unemployment benefits. Which would you select to keep the survival of your family intact?

Any other questions?

^^ Then you get 2 jobs. If you can only get a min wage job then you are not applying yourself. I did a career in the military, moonlighted, went to college, retired and have a great job. My brother busted his ass in Michigan in the construction trade. After 20 years we made about the same amount per hour, but it is about personal work ethic.

I was raised in Saginaw MI, we used to see that welfare crap all the time when we were kids. 2nd and 3rd generation welfare families, driving Caddies, nice clothes. It got worse when GM shut down all the plants.

The honor system has gone out the door in this country. She should have stopped taking the help when she won. This is why this country is in trouble. In my town I see many people spending my tax dollars on high end food; with that said I have to buy generic while some of these curb worms by brand food. They have better toys than we do. The fucked up thing is that recently a mother sought care from the welfare dept and did not receive it for over a year. Se had two children living at a state park. She could not afford to feed her children, out of despaired she barricaded herself and two children then she proceeded to kill her two kids and herself. All because some piece of shit social worker did not approve her food card. All this while Mexican nationals working in this country without paying taxes and claiming food stamps. And yes I am Hispanic and can say that there are some people that take advantage of this system, but people who decide to pay these f:: ks perpetuate the problem. Come into this country legally and pay taxes become a model citizen and all is well. But if you dont get the F;- K out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont worry they are about to pass a bill that will stop this. </div></div>

No need to pass a bill as the law already exists.</div></div>

not in michigan

http://michiganvotes.org/Legislation.aspx?ID=141405

The government jobs issue is not that hard to understand.

First off, the military is not part of the issue because the salary for military personnel is miniscule compared to the other government jobs.

The problem with government jobs is that they have dramatically increased their salary wages while maintainig unbelievable retirement benefits. There have been comparisons of similar jobs/salaries for government & private sector jobs which show that the private sector job has to pay 2-3 times more money into their retirement plans to equal the retirement plan of the corresponding government job.

People used to go into government jobs for the retirement benefits (not the salary) as the private sector paid more for a comparable job but had less desirable retirement benefits. Nowadays, the government jobs pay as much or more than the comparable private sector jobs and have maintained the over the top retirement benefits.

Governments cannot go out of business therefore its a 100% that you will get those benefits til the day you die no matter how unsustainable the benefits are and how poorly the governments are run. These state and federal benefits are creating a huge drain on the resources of the states and federal governments.

However, a business that makes unsustainable promises for retirement benefits will go out of business. So they have to actually take their decisions about retirement plans and benefits into account and make changes accordingly as time goes on.

Unions, while good in their inception and intent, have degenerated into a drag on the system too. Under no circumstances should public employees be allowed to unionize in my opinion because as stated above, governments (state or federal) do not go out of business. Therefore, these unions do not have to give in when it becomes obvious that retirement benefits & wages need to be restructured to keep the government solvent. At least the non public unions have some threat of the business going bankrupt and will come to a compromise to keep the company solvent. Unions will vote for the politicians that promise not to go after the unions.

Everyone likes free things but nothing in life is free. There is always a price to be paid.

The other big problem today is that nearly 50% of the country isn't paying federal taxes yet they have the same voting rights as those who actually pay the taxes. Once we get past that 50% it will become extremely hard to keep the Dems out of office because these dependent people will not vote for someone that is talking about fixing the problem of the country's deficit/debt by making changes to taxes and entitlement programs which will ultimately lead to less freebies for them.

The more the government does for people, the more they feel entitled to the entitlements. The people with the most sense of entitlement are the ones that don't do much to earn it.

If you give a mouse a cookie and he'll want a glass of milk.

Double dipping is a myth for 99% of government employees. Unless the government agency creates an unneeded job/title for the retired employee, it's not double dipping.

A government employee that retires, and comes back to fill a real need in that agency actually saves your precious tax dollars. If he's retired, he's entitled to a pension and health care. Any new person that gets hired in will probably be getting the same heath care. Here's where the savings come, because the retired employee already has insurance the agency pays for one policy. All double pipping is is a catch phrase to scare the uninformed.

I hope this isn't too political. If someone wants to argue the point, and tell me I'm delusional, PM me and we can go at it in there.

A thought, how hard is it to tell people what to do when you give them everything. This is a little off topic but food for thought just the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont worry they are about to pass a bill that will stop this. </div></div>

No need to pass a bill as the law already exists.</div></div>

not in michigan

http://michiganvotes.org/Legislation.aspx?ID=141405 </div></div>

I believe that's just a law that would cross check lottery winners against the list of benefit recipients. Whereas I'm certain that it's already policy/law that people receiving benefits are required to notify the state if they have a change in income be it by lotto or getting a better/worse/no job and at which point their benefit amount is adjusted accordingly. So that new law just forces the state to do cross-checks. As I thought (posted above) the state did hear this story and has now officially dropped her from the payroll so they didn't need a new law. Either way I'm glad your state is doing something and this lady is off the payroll.

Here's some more info: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/1m-lottery-winners-food-stamps-yanked-after-story-goes-viral/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Vaq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leaches!!! </div></div>

I think you meant leeches. I hope you're talking about the POS that is double fu&%ing the government and not about "guvmint" workers. I'm pretty sure that most (not all) people who retire from the "government" have earned there shitty little pension.

Hope I haven't offended anyone. Just my .02

All I can say is if our leadership is truly this incompetant we are finished. We can only hope not.

She only made $400-$600k after taxes (I know that is a ton of money, but still.

Each house is probably at least $80-100k, I´m assuming both are paid off. Car is probably $50k. She´ll be out of money soon....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reloader-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She only made $400-$600k after taxes (I know that is a ton of money, but still.

Each house is probably at least $80-100k, I´m assuming both are paid off. Car is probably $50k. She´ll be out of money soon.... </div></div>

80-100k? Where do you live? I think they said just one of the houses was a million.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reloader-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She only made $400-$600k after taxes (I know that is a ton of money, but still.

Each house is probably at least $80-100k, I´m assuming both are paid off. Car is probably $50k. She´ll be out of money soon.... </div></div>

80-100k? Where do you live? I think they said just one of the houses was a million. </div></div>

She lives in Detroit, I highly doubt she paid more than 150k, a doubt HGTV even has an episode for that city, unless its Extreme House Flippers. "I really like the bars on the windows at this house, they really remind me of visiting dad in the joint."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gildoom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reloader-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She only made $400-$600k after taxes (I know that is a ton of money, but still.

80-100k? Where do you live? I think they said just one of the houses was a million. </div></div>

She lives in Detroit, I highly doubt she paid more than 150k, a doubt HGTV even has an episode for that city, unless its Extreme House Flippers. "I really like the bars on the windows at this house, they really remind me of visiting dad in the joint." </div></div>

I read it wrong, I believe they were talking about another woman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Back in December, a woman in Washington State fell under scrutiny when it was revealed she was receiving state economic benefits even though she lives in a $1 million waterfront home on Lake Washington.</div></div>

The whole point, I believe, of this issue is: She is a dumb ass, such as, so many lazy, welfare, worthless, money-grubbing, mindless entitled Americans. We have created this society through years of give-me programs and poor me stories. This has to stop – of course not by our current "presidents" assessment (grammatically you don’t have to capitalize president, but I did purposefully, to denote contempt and disdain for our current leadership or lack there of). I know people have not always been this obtuse; there was a time good fortune was thought of as being a gift for good living: in this case, not so. This mongrel got lucky and decided she could mooch more because no-one would care; or notice; or question it - that sounds like the criminal that is not sorry he stole, but is very, very sorry he got caught.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The government jobs issue is not that hard to understand.

First off, the military is not part of the issue because the salary for military personnel is miniscule compared to the other government jobs.

The problem with government jobs is that they have dramatically increased their salary wages while maintainig unbelievable retirement benefits. There have been comparisons of similar jobs/salaries for government & private sector jobs which show that the private sector job has to pay 2-3 times more money into their retirement plans to equal the retirement plan of the corresponding government job.

People used to go into government jobs for the retirement benefits (not the salary) as the private sector paid more for a comparable job but had less desirable retirement benefits. Nowadays, the government jobs pay as much or more than the comparable private sector jobs and have maintained the over the top retirement benefits.

Governments cannot go out of business therefore its a 100% that you will get those benefits til the day you die no matter how unsustainable the benefits are and how poorly the governments are run. These state and federal benefits are creating a huge drain on the resources of the states and federal governments.

However, a business that makes unsustainable promises for retirement benefits will go out of business. So they have to actually take their decisions about retirement plans and benefits into account and make changes accordingly as time goes on.

Unions, while good in their inception and intent, have degenerated into a drag on the system too. Under no circumstances should public employees be allowed to unionize in my opinion because as stated above, governments (state or federal) do not go out of business. Therefore, these unions do not have to give in when it becomes obvious that retirement benefits & wages need to be restructured to keep the government solvent. At least the non public unions have some threat of the business going bankrupt and will come to a compromise to keep the company solvent. Unions will vote for the politicians that promise not to go after the unions.

Everyone likes free things but nothing in life is free. There is always a price to be paid.

The other big problem today is that nearly 50% of the country isn't paying federal taxes yet they have the same voting rights as those who actually pay the taxes. Once we get past that 50% it will become extremely hard to keep the Dems out of office because these dependent people will not vote for someone that is talking about fixing the problem of the country's deficit/debt by making changes to taxes and entitlement programs which will ultimately lead to less freebies for them.

The more the government does for people, the more they feel entitled to the entitlements. The people with the most sense of entitlement are the ones that don't do much to earn it.

If you give a mouse a cookie and he'll want a glass of milk.

</div></div>

I wish I could have been so poetic as you my friend.

the way I look at it is those that dont understand are the EXACT reason I will always hand them targets to hold....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Vaq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leaches!!! </div></div>
I think you were trying to say "Leeches"

That story is sad. I do not agree with it but I do at the same time think we still need to have things in place to help poverty in this country. If our leaders that be get their act together and get jobs moving again within this country we wouldn’t need so many things out there to help the poor. I know that there is some people who abuse it and are simply not willing to get a job or look for that matter but again I can’t look into the eyes of children who are hungry and say well to bad for you. I think people should step up more than our government wouldn’t have to. To simply let the poor and sick die is not American. We need to find ways to improve the situation but we cannot force someone to get a job that is not there. Many people have been bitch slapped in this economy and if there is a way to help them then I don’t think there is a problem. It’s the people who try to find ways to stay a part of the system and not even try to better themselves that are the problem. The answers are not easy but we need to start someplace. If we didn’t waste so much money on other things in this country our government wouldn’t have a problem paying the Military much less taking care of poverty in this country. Bank bail outs cost much more than welfare in this country. We only help the super rich and the poor, the middle class is pissed on. Does not make sense to me.

My church helps alot of people, my VFW post helps, my job donates and my family dontes. I have to ask the fundamental question - what is enough giving? The problem is that<span style="font-style: italic"> you</span> can't "look into the eyes of children who are hungry and say well to bad for you", but their parents (creators) can, and not give a shit so everyone else has to help. I have plenty of responsibilities of my own, by my making and so they are my responsibility - I would be damned if you find them hungry. Where is that thinking - is it gone forever within America?

When you incentivize poor decision making it creates societal problems. If people are allowed to fail they will be motivated to succeed. Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, but give a lazy bitch welfare and she'll sit on the couch and smoke cigarettes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The way I see it, she's not much different than the guys who retire with a taxpayer funded pension, then go back to work with a different title same govt agency, while collecting the pension.

</div></div>

THANK YOU!!!

Public Unions = FRAUD

I'm a federal employee, and I'm pretty sure thats not how it works, at least for me. The maximum age for appointment to a position where I'm at is 37. No one can retire (ex. medical, which prevents you from being re-hired) unless they have 20 years of service at age 50, or any age with 25 years. appointments are not available to anyone younger than 21.

So, if you are hired at 21, and do 25 years and retire, you would still be too old for a new appointment at 46. Check the OPM regulations, but I'm pretty sure thats how it works.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GrnMtnRidgeRunnr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I couldn't respond to this without typing something that violates forum rules. I guess I'll just say this type of crap gives me little hope. </div></div>

250qc9k.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gildoom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Getting shot at in the Military or LE, then going back to work in some avenue is a tad bit, yes a tad bit by like tad as in whale penis vs mouse penis, different than sucking off of welfare.

This video will show you what it is like for my wife at her Pharmacy, anyone that deals with these non contributing zeros, as in LE, Docs, Nurses, will recognize it. I could write a thousand stories of the crap she has seen in her work of these micro singularities that suck amazing amounts of funds from the coffers of society.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OOzRt1x2FPk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OOzRt1x2FPk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Hilarious video about Latisse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3fingervic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Double dipping is a myth for 99% of government employees. Unless the government agency creates an unneeded job/title for the retired employee, it's not double dipping.

A government employee that retires, and comes back to fill a real need in that agency actually saves your precious tax dollars. If he's retired, he's entitled to a pension and health care. Any new person that gets hired in will probably be getting the same heath care. Here's where the savings come, because the retired employee already has insurance the agency pays for one policy. All double pipping is is a catch phrase to scare the uninformed.

I hope this isn't too political. If someone wants to argue the point, and tell me I'm delusional, PM me and we can go at it in there.</div></div>

I disagree...I see in our local school system all the time. You want to keep working, then keep working. Getting paid twice to do the same job on the taxpayer dime aint cool.

Holy crap! I work in a McPharmacy and this vid nails the tip of the iceberg.

"Whadda ya mean it's $X.XX? I'z donts pays for nuttin'!!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3fingervic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Double dipping is a myth for 99% of government employees. Unless the government agency creates an unneeded job/title for the retired employee, it's not double dipping.

I hope this isn't too political. If someone wants to argue the point, and tell me I'm delusional, PM me and we can go at it in there. </div></div>

Well put, and nice post.