• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grand River Tactical

Re: Grand River Tactical

That's your prerogative. And now that I hear that it takes OVER A YEAR to get an item from Nick, I definitely want my money back.

When you place an order on the website, it told me 8-12 weeks, not a 8 months. IT DIDN'T SAY A YEAR. Dishonest.

If he doesn't live up to his end of the deal, I am filing a complaint with paypal. This is absurd.

I want my money back. I might be a 'Noob' on this board, but I could care less.

I run a small business and work a full time job, if I treated customers this way I would be ashamed of myself. Absolutely no excuse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chinaski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's your prerogative. And now that I hear that it takes OVER A YEAR to get an item from Nick, I definitely want my money back.

When you place an order on the website, it told me 8-12 weeks, not a 8 months. IT DIDN'T SAY A YEAR. Dishonest.

If he doesn't live up to his end of the deal, I am filing a complaint with paypal. This is absurd.

I want my money back. I might be a 'Noob' on this board, but I could care less.

I run a small business and work a full time job, if I treated customers this way I would be ashamed of myself. Absolutely no excuse. </div></div>

I have never done business with GRT, but I feel you on this. A supposed reputable gear maker has apparently decided to keep the $545 I sent him for some custom items. Why do I think this? It's been since June-July 2006 since I paid him and he admits he couldn't care less. After a few years I even told him I'd take whatever is a standard item and still nothing. Hope to hear it works out for all involved here.

Going forward, I am done. I will no longer post in this thread. The fact that there are people here that are actually defending this guy for LYING is hateful to me. He told TWO individuals ON THIS THREAD that their bag has basically shipped and a MONTH has gone by with no item. And where is the Business Owner/Seller in this thread? Crickets....

I sent an email to Nick yesterday asking for a refund. So far, no response, and I doubt I will get one. I am not going to pursue this any further, it isn't worth it. How convenient for him that his website says 'No Refunds' and then you can only dispute a purchase with paypal for 45 days! SCAM ARTIST!

I make an honest effort to support small business whenever possible, as I am a small business owner myself. I have NEVER taken money from somebody and not lived up to my end of the bargain. I gave this person my hard earned money with a promise that my product would be delivered within 6 to 12 weeks, 8 to 12 weeks whatever. Now I find out people have been waiting for 8 months and still haven't received their merchandise. I was willing to be patient, I am not now. This is absolute BS.

I have every right to be pissed off. I have said my peace. Time to start shopping for a new bag. I can't believe I pissed away 300 bucks for nothing.
frown.gif

(By the way Nick, I saved for 2 months to purchase your product!)

At the ABSOLUTE VERY LEAST Nick you need to be upfront about wait times on your product. AND NOT TAKE FULL PAYMENT FOR AN ITEM YOU CAN"T DELIVER WITHIN THE ALLOTTED TIME OF DELIVERY. How do you expect to build a business where people can trust you if you are just taking money from people?

I

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chinaski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fact that there are people here that are actually defending this guy for LYING is hateful to me... I have every right to be pissed off...</div></div>Chinaski, you posted earlier that you placed your order August 13, and that you were quoted 6-12 weeks. It hasn't been 12 weeks yet, so I see neither delay nor dishonesty.

I was over at Nick's shop on Friday. He was swamped. He often stays up until 3am working on orders and he makes everything himself because he doesn't trust contracting it out. He got hit with some big orders and he's busy. He's not going anywhere with your money.

Listen, I understand that the guy is a one man show. But I am a little hot under the collar when he has told people on this thread that their item has shipped and a month goes by and they still haven't received their stuff! I am not impatient, I am concerned.

I want Nick's bag, I am sure it's probably the best thing out there. But as said before, even if it is the best item in the world, what good is it if he can't deliver? There are people that have been waiting for 8 months for their stuff, when he quoted them a delivery time the same as myself. I can't accept that. He didn't say it would take almost a year when I ordered the bag, and he hasn't said that I would be waiting for almost a year when I have talked to him on the phone.

BTW a week from today is 12 weeks. He hasn't delivered items to people here that ordered almost a year ago (quoted the same delivery times as myself). He needs to be honest and communicate with his customers . It really is as simple as that. He might be the nicest, hardest working guy in the world, but what good is that if he isn't taking care of the people that have ponied up several hundred dollars for his stuff?

And not only that, can't he shut down production for a few hours and at least post on this thread to alleviate his customers concerns without third parties on a damn internet forum coming in to defend him?

Nick had patience with me on a project above and beyond normal.. It was for different reasons but I understand his situation EXACTLY. Not wanting to trust someone else to help with a product that has your name on it. That says alot for his pride in his product. The problem is, when you make something good, everybody wants it... All at the same time. It makes it hard to deliver or even have an idea of how to quote delivery times. Ive used his kit for a while now and Its of the best quality you will ever find.

I don't feel as bad as the guys waiting for 8 months. It makes my over 4 month wait seem like nothing. I specifically needed the 2.0 case for the November 2011 hunting season. I too am so so disappointed. I now must look for another quality bag. I think I'm just going to wright this off as a bad investment. I may or may not get my bag; who knows? Maybe Nick needs about 3 years to get caught up on all his orders. Next time I will do my homework a little better before I plop down a ton of money. Just think, every time I see a FedEx or UPS truck come up my road.......Maybe it will be for me? But reality will sink in quickly as the truck drives past my house. I have now resorted to asking Santa for a new rifle case. PAT.

Mr. Painter has emailed me regarding our bags and told me that all parts are 'in' and they are being completed production style. He has said the bags will ship within a few weeks...

I am still a bit concerned that he had told two individuals on this very thread that their bags were completed and were being shipped over a month ago.

Fingers Crossed.

I spoke to Nick on the phone today and he has just shipped my bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chinaski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. Painter has emailed me regarding our bags and told me that all parts are 'in' and they are being completed production style. He has said the bags will ship within a few weeks... </div></div>

That is great news, I am anxiously awaiting the bags I ordered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David777</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chinaski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. Painter has emailed me regarding our bags and told me that all parts are 'in' and they are being completed production style. He has said the bags will ship within a few weeks... </div></div>

That is great news, I am anxiously awaiting the bags I ordered. </div></div>

It is. I will be the first one to apologize to Nick for being the dickhead on the thread here, but I just want people to get their stuff...And of course I want to get my bag!

I just received confirmation of my order shipping from Nick. So don't fear guys, the man is working hard at getting out a quality product. Thanks very much Nick - I'm excited to add this gear to my kit!

Nick,

Any update on the longer scope/muzzle cover?
I emailed you a while back and mine was the exact same length as my Premier 3-15. You were going to send one that was a little longer I believe. Email me or PM me and we can discuss swapping them out.

-ZAch

My GRT gear arrived this weekend and the quality of the product is really top notch. You can tell it will last a lot longer than other less "tough" gear. And I like the new "GRT Gear" tab that Nick is using. Be patient guys, Nick will get you your gear and it will exceed expectations.

James, were you in on the AICS 2.0 folder group buy, or was this something else? When did you place your order?

FWIW, I'm still waiting for my bag which was ordered 06/13 and I was told would be shipping on 10/10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cluebat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">James, were you in on the AICS 2.0 folder group buy, or was this something else? When did you place your order?

FWIW, I'm still waiting for my bag which was ordered 06/13 and I was told would be shipping on 10/10. </div></div>

No, I was not on the AICS group buy; my order was for AI mag pouches and a few other MOLLE items. My order was placed in early June (don't know exact date).

I was part of the AICS 2.0 group buy. I placed my order on 05/31. He got paid thru my Paypal account on 05/31. I have never heard anything about my order direct from Grant. I emailed him on Nov 8th and told him I wanted to cancel my order and get a refund to my Paypal account. I got no reply.
I have no clue if or when I will get my order.

I'll be calling Nick tomorrow. If I can't get ahold of him, I'll be trying next week. I'll talk to him like a man and get to the bottom of this shit.

Some folks are getting there stuff. That's good. Where is MINE?

You won't get a refund, because I asked for the same thing. He told me that he will be getting the bags out within a few weeks as of 11/6.

I am not going to respond further in this thread until I speak with Nick personally on this matter...

WOW, I cant believe what I have read in this thread. Im glad I didnt go all in. When the Group buy 2.0 bags came out I was interested in it. But before I could get the "measurements" Nick needed for the bag from my rifle, my rifle was NOT done being built. So I sent an email stating i was interested in the the bag, and wondered if I could send a $50 deposit to secure the Special "group buy price" with the extra holders. He was nice enough to say yes. So i did send $50 through paypal. But luck has is my Rifle is NOT done, even after 17 months, Yes SEVENTEEN months. Long story short, I had to sue the rifle company in civil court. Once I get my $$ back on the rifle, Ill be on hold for another 6-9 months to wait on a rifle from a different company. Hopefully Nick didnt forget about me
smile.gif

Nick is a stand up guy and I love all the stuff he has made for me, I would not ever hesitate placing any order with him and waiting until it arrives because it is worth it period.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GreyWolf36</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick is a stand up guy and I love all the stuff he has made for me, I would not ever hesitate placing any order with him and waiting until it arrives because it is worth it period.

</div></div>
People always push for some corporate time line on cheap stuff then don't understand why good quality takes longer than a big cargo load from china.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
People always push for some corporate time line on cheap stuff then don't understand why good quality takes longer than a big cargo load from china. </div></div>

I keep seeing people parrot this, and it's driving me nuts. I think everyone who is waiting for Nick to get us gear, realized that it was a single man shop when we ordered, since basically every time he posts he reminds everyone of it, and that "Quality takes time".

The reason people are upset is that there has been little in the way communication going on, and most of us are way past what would be considered an acceptable amount of time to wait.

There's a huge difference between someone estimating that it will take 6-8 weeks to deliver a product, and then delivering a product a couple of weeks late and our situation(s), where we paid up front, and some of us are past the 20 week mark with no end in sight.

I did manage to get an e-mail reply from Nick the first week of November. He mentioned that mine should ship within 2-4 weeks. That's on an order that was submitted in June for anyone trying to forecast their own.

Worth the wait...quality takes time...one man shop... blah blah blah.
I needed a bag. I accepted HIS ADVERTISED specs and terms.I ordered and paid for a bag.
Can't meet your own ADVERTISED specs and terms? Admit it and give me my money back. No problem.
Fairly simple concept.
Take my money and keep it for six months(so far) and never deliver product and never commuicate with me? Wrong in so many ways.

I dont have a dog in this fight, well, a small dog maybe...

I also run a small one man (and one woman) business. We also get swamped sometimes. HoweverI try not to let delivery times get out of control.

I think at some point you have to stop taking orders until you get a handle on you current orders. Just a thought.

Do I understand this, you place an order, pay up front first? If you use a CC is it charged and you wait 6 months? If that is the case, there is A LOT WRONG with that, I dont care how good the product is....

I am sure he does great work, and I would really like to have one of his cases for my $5K rifle....I have tried many, many times to contact him, no replies, so I am giving up...

At the time he was taking these orders, he was paid thru PayPal. That is what I used for my order. Yes. You are correct. He got his money up front for these bags. All he would need to do is simply refund my money to me thru PayPal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont have a dog in this fight, well, a small dog maybe...

I also run a small one man (and one woman) business. We also get swamped sometimes. HoweverI try not to let delivery times get out of control.

I think at <span style="color: #CC0000">some point you have to stop taking orders until you get a handle on you current orders. </span> Just a thought. </div></div>
I would agree also as a small business owner that (1) you have to pick up the supply to meet the demand (hire new people) (2) Stop taking orders when the supply cannot meet the demand. (3) have good communication (4) Do as one says. Without a basic structure or over working the structure can have dire affects on a company (Even a good company as is GRT) I hope Nick gets it together and starts making some people happy. I would hate to see his name get anymore negative comments due to all this. Hope all is well with Nick and hope everyone gets their gear soon. Sorry if I over stepped my place, JMHO

Has anyone heard from Nick lately? I wrote him an email since I've recently moved and needed to update my shipping address and I haven't heard back.

Next week marks the 6 month mark for me..

Guy,

I am sorry. This has been fucked. This product is no longer going to be available because of the tremendous pain in the ass to make.

8 bags have shipped already, the owners of those bags have received both PM's and emails, and phone calls where applicable.

On a personal note, I have handled this situation very poorly, forget that, I have not handled this situation. I am very aware that this has affected my business name, and even worse, my name. No one is bothered more by this situation and handling of it more than I. I would feel a lot worse about it if product has not been leaving the shop faster than it has ever left before. I have again, gotten in over my head on this project, like many others. I am not equipped or staffed for this type of situation.

After this group buy is completed, I am completely restructuring my product line to better suit the capabilities that I have to turn out gear in a timely fashion. I owe every one a major apology and feel the damage that has been done can not be undone.

In regards to orders, my site has been shut down for some time now, and have only taken 6 orders since August, outside of this group buy, not counting vendor orders, which I will not stop taking, because ultimately, that is all I want to be doing 3-5 months from now, as it is, it is way too much to handle, and am scaling way back.

If I didn't turn around and put all the money into the materials for these products, I would refund everyone who wanted it without thinking twice about it. Unfortunately, I have about twice that amount into the materials now, due to the minimum order requirements through some of the manufacturers that I buy the US made components through. It sucks for you and it sucks for me even worse, because I have to deal with all the BS, twice.

Again, you all have been spot on with the comments, this sucks, I have had bad communications, and have not met deadlines that I have set for myself and for you, I am disappointed to the point of being sick.

I am still busting ass on the bags and they have been shipping out every couple days for the last two weeks.

Cluebat - Please excuse my colossal fuck up on your bag. There was a big mix up on the paperwork here, and yours is the next to go out.

Takes a pair to admit error(s), and another pair to commit to your kind of work.

The good has been buried - and I will gladly state that Nick has been the only builder to deliver as designed/requested.

Thanks man.

Well, thanks for the update Nick.

I was not part of a group buy, but I placed an order for my bag on 8/13. Any ETA?

Nick,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear you're still so swamped, but it sounds like hopefully you'll have a handle on things in the near future. Did you get my email regarding my address change? I wanted to make sure it's headed to the right location when it heads out.

I called Nick twice last week and left messages, I e-mailed him too, just politely asking for status and a possible ship date.

This is the first time I attempted to contact Nick, no returned call or e-mail.

2- 2.0 bags ordered and paid in full via PayPal on May 24, 2011.

I have never been contacted or given any information during that time.
All I know is what has been posted here.

FWIW to anyone.

LC: I haven't heard anything back regarding my updated shipping address either, I'm hoping it doesn't get shipped to my old address as I won't have access to it much longer.

I too have left a message for Nick, with no response. I give up with this guy and his company. Lip service is all it is. He sent me an email on November 6th saying that the bags were being completed 'production style' and he would be shipping bags 'in a few weeks'. He also stated that nobody has ever waited 8 months for a product from his company, which is obviously a lie.

Anyone known if any company sells a bag similar to the 2.0 folder bag? Would like to get one by xmas ..

Anyone known if any company sells a bag similar to the 2.0 folder bag? Would like to get one by xmas ..

If you can find the Eagle M4 drag bag, I know an AI/AICS w/20" barrel will fit--stage 2

Well, it's basically seven months now since I ordered AND PAID for my bag. Still no returned emails. Still no returned phone call. Still no bag.
Maybe I will receive my bag before my my pre ordered S&B 3-20 scope arrives.

FWIW, I sent an email to Nick on 12/16, thus far, no response...

So a week or two ago a phone call and an email 4 days ago with no communication whatsoever...

I haven't heard back about my address change email sent on 11/29 or a follow up yesterday either. If my bag ends up getting shipped to the wrong location, I'm going to be pretty perturbed as I won't be able to get it..

Well, I am still at my same address, still using the same email, still have the same phone number. There should be no problem shipping my bag to me, calling me back, or replying to an email.
I am still hopeful I will get something.....OK... I lied. Not hopeful anymore.

all Im gunna say is Nick is good to go, we've done some work for each other in the past, he is hard to get on the phone but that's because he is in the shop busting his tail, he isn't out fvcking around.

When you run a business by yourself, doing that kind of volume it becomes very hard to reply back to every email right away or pick up the phone. a "simple" phone call can turn into 20 or 30 minutes of shooting the shit and he isnt going to be rude enough to tell you he has to go. When you have a dedication to quality as Nick does bringing in help/trusting help isnt that easy either.

He isnt going to run off with your money, made to order products take a while. it happens.