• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Innovative Technologies Reloading Equipment

Speechless, but somewhat vindicated. So high speed he's left us all behind. 🤣🤣🤣

OP sorry for the high jack. If you need to get some brass fixed quickly PM me. I could probably size some for you with my LW collet die. You will just have to pay to ship the brass if we don't live close to each other.

If you keep your loads reasonable you might never need it. I went 7-8x bumping the shoulder .002-.003 without needing it. Then decided I needed more velocity and had cases sticking after a couple more reloads.

I think the most elegant solution is the non belted 30 cal mags. 🤔🤣

Reactions: Aftermath
I think the most elegant solution is the non belted 30 cal mags. 🤔🤣
Agreed.

I'm too heavily invested in the 300WINMAG to ever give it up. 40+ years. I will continue to shoot it. It's an exceptional cartridge. If I were to just be getting into 30 caliber magnums (or just rifles in general) I'd never get involved with a belted case.

I now have a 30 Nosler and it can duplicate the performance without the belt crap. I really wanted to get a little more velocity than the 300WM but with the 210 VLD, faster was less accurate for whatever reason. I have several thousand 210 VLD's...

I also have a 300RUM, a bit of a different beast. No belt.

Still, I LOVE to shoot my 300WINMAGS!!

Agreed.

I'm too heavily invested in the 300WINMAG to ever give it up. 40+ years. I will continue to shoot it. It's an exceptional cartridge. If I were to just be getting into 30 caliber magnums (or just rifles in general) I'd never get involved with a belted case.

I now have a 30 Nosler and it can duplicate the performance without the belt crap. I really wanted to get a little more velocity than the 300WM but with the 210 VLD, faster was less accurate for whatever reason. I have several thousand 210 VLD's...

I also have a 300RUM, a bit of a different beast. No belt.

Still, I LOVE to shoot my 300WINMAGS!!
Yup, same here with respect to the Win Mag. The Mk248 mod 1 and other, similar chambers help put the Win Mag on close to or equal footing w/some of the newer, belt-free 30 cal mags assuming same bullets used.

Incidentally, for anyone else wondering, I called Whidden today and spoke to Lamar who confirmed their custom dies will f/l size the entire case down to the belt in one pass...The belt area gets .003" tighter and you bump your shoulder based on adjustment as needed...They have a standard and bushing die and it's also available in 'standard' adjustment as well as click-adjust which is what I'll likely order...Cost is like $260 plus shipping and TAT is 8-10 weeks....I have the Willis die (bought it like 15 years ago) and it does work but if I can get something that does all sizing in one pass, I'll take it.

I don't shoot mine much anymore. I like to keep it so I can bitch about the belt. 🤣🤣 unless I buy more this barrel will be worn out about the time all my 300wm brass is.

I’d be happy to dm you his cell. He may claim he doesn’t get your calls but he sure as shit will reply when you send some mean texts.
Would you mind sending me his number also? I ordered one in January 2024. He told me to check back in 6 weeks-it's been 8 and I haven't heard anything.-Thank you.