• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grand River Tactical

Re: Grand River Tactical

Guy's, I got a shipping notification from Nick today. It has been a long time since I placed my order. I know he is extremely busy and has probably decided to not answer phone calls or emails so he can work on getting product out. I don't know that for sure but that is my guess.

I understand people would like better communication but don't worry you will get what you ordered. Nick seems to be a good guy from the conversations I have had with him. He may have just bit off a little more than he can chew. That is because the quality of his products are top notch and everyone is ordering them.

Jarrod

I just tried to log on to the website and it has been suspended. I want a durable case so bad for my LMT MWS/USO set up.....no VooDoo, UTG, Condor, I want a quality case and was really wanting a GRT.

An utter lack of communication and not being responsive to your customers needs is not a dedication to quality at all in my opinion. His company website has been removed, which does not instill a lot of confidence for me.

I am sure Nick went into this with honest intentions and got in over his head, that much is clear. He made a big mistake by taking payment in full for these items and has yet to deliver, in some cases, 8 months when the original timeline was at most 12 weeks. He refuses to answer calls or emails. He is unable to offer refunds to customers who paid IN FULL for his items months ago. This situation has turned from bad to worse.

He removed his website so no more orders could be placed which in turn would let him get all your bags done. Stop crying and bitching and just deal with it. I waited longer than you and I was not on here constantly crying that I did not get my bag.

The reason he is not responding to calls and emails is because he is working on getting your bag done. Would you rather him spend his time working on your bag or answering the phone all day?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He removed his website so no more orders could be placed which in turn would let him get all your bags done. Stop crying and bitching and just deal with it. I waited longer than you and I was not on here constantly crying that I did not get my bag.

The reason he is not responding to calls and emails is because he is working on getting your bag done. Would you rather him spend his time working on your bag or answering the phone all day? </div></div>

You don't have to remove your website to stop taking orders. Prior to it disappearing, there was a large red message notifying people that he was temporarily not taking orders due to the size of the backlog he had to deal with.

"Crying and bitching" is entirely justified at this point, there's more than a few people out there who are worried that their money is gone at this point, and someone packing up their website and going home doesn't exactly instill confidence.

Personally, I'm not concerned about never getting my bag, but I'm certainly not holding my breath that it's going to be any time soon.

We all were promised something in "X" time give or take a few weeks, but still 4,6,8,10 months later there is NO delivery, or communication, and now the website is down. I call that fraud. Saying he cant refund $$ because he bought materials for projects says he has no capitol in his business. So basically your $$$ is funding somoene elses project from last year. When people continue to pay, then they will be funding your project IMO.. He clearly stated that he will NOT stop taking orders from vendors. Why not? Its just going to put anyone further behind. Maybe he is loosing his ass on the group buy, and get to "OUR" projects when there is some down time for him. Who knows WTF is going in his shop. But what we all know is "someone" has our $$$, and not delivering a product.. Just my .02!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In regards to orders, my site has been shut down for some time now, and have only taken <span style="color: #FF0000">6 orders since August, outside of this group buy, not counting vendor orders, which I will not stop taking,</span> because ultimately, that is all I want to be doing 3-5 months from now.

<span style="color: #FF0000">If I didn't turn around and put all the money into the materials for these products,</span> I would refund everyone who wanted it without thinking twice about it. Unfortunately, I have about twice that amount into the materials now, due to the minimum order requirements through some of the manufacturers that I buy the US made components through.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im sure there are ALOT of Lawyers on this site. All it would take is a letter on intent to sue to get anyones attention.</div></div>The way most lawyers would handle a letter threatening a lawsuit would be to wait for service of the Complaint. Besides, no lawyer worth his salt would make that kind of threat without being prepared to back it up. So, be prepared to either write a substantial retainer or waste the money you paid for the letter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all were promised something in "X" time give or take a few weeks, but still 4,6,8,10 months later there is NO delivery, or communication, and now the website is down. I call that fraud.</div></div>You can call it whetever you want, but that doesn't make it so. Unilateral contracts, once the project is started, presume a reasonable time to finish. That said, the question is: What is a reasonable amount of time?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But what we all know is "someone" has our $$$, and not delivering a product.</div></div>Fair enough. If that is true, he should probably do a better job of explaining things to and being in touch with his customers so as not to make them nervous.

I would be willing to bet that the lawyers on this site will line up to <span style="font-weight: bold">defend</span> GRT. I know at least one who would...

Also to state a prima facie case for fraud you need to allege an intent to deceive at the time the agreement was made...good luck with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reason he is not responding to calls and emails is because he is working on getting your bag done. Would you rather him spend his time working on your bag or answering the phone all day? </div></div>

Oh, ok. My bag was being completed 'production style' and I was assured that it would be shipping 'in a few weeks' almost two months ago. My original order was placed on August 13th with an 8-12 week delivery time. We have gone above and beyond that now. There are people here that have been waiting for much longer than myself with no end to this nonsense in sight.

I wonder if there is any other folks that aren't posting on this thread in the same boat? I wouldn't be surprised...

Nobody is questioning Nick's ability to produce a quality item. I simply wanted to buy a quality bag to haul my rifle to the range. I would have most certainly purchased something else IF I would have known that it was going to take this long. Nick has taken a lot of money from people and not delivered product. He can't provide a refund, doesn't answer emails or phone calls and now his website has been removed. We have every right to question his integrity and honesty. This is HORSE SHIT.

Your right, I can call it what ever I want, and Im calling it like I see it. REFUND MY FUC*KING $$$!!! Oh, now there are no return phone calls, emails etc. FRAUD!!

My situation is not as bad as alot of the guys on this site. Thankfully for Nick he has only $50 of my money. When the group buy was on I sent Nick an email stating interest in his product. I explained that my rifle was still being built, and could not give him the measurements he needed for a custom fit. So I asked him if he would take a $50 deposit towards the case so when my rifle is done I would get the same price, and extra bags he was including for no additional fee. He accepted the offer, and took my $50 deposit.
Here are the PM's we sent back and forth.

6/25/11 2:53pm
"Nick,

I am interested in your Bag for the 2.0 Folder that you are selling here on the Hide.
Right now I am stuck between a hard place and a rock with my rifle currently being built. My builder is waiting on the receiver, and I am probably a few months out from having my rifle. I've been waiting since August 2010!
I can not provide the measurements that you need to custom make the bag for my rifle.
Would you accept a $50.00 deposit towards the $250 price on the Snipers Hide Short Drag Bag Group Buy? When my rifle is complete I can get you the exact measurement for a custom fit and finish paying out the balance. I see that you have 2 order slots left, and I am interested in getting all the extra goodies you are offering to Hide members during this group buy.

(from your website) "Snipers Hide Short Drag Bag Group Buy

The group buy price of $250 includes all otions on the bag, front pockets included, wich normally they are not, and incurr an additional cost. MALICE clips will be inlcuded to attatch the large pouches, wich normally they are not. Limited to 10 orders on the Group Buy. Please make sure that measurements are correct from the muzzle to the hinge, to ensure propper fit."

Thanks,

Franco"

6/25/11 7:33pm
"Sure, send the deposit to [email protected]

I will hold you a place. Send me the measurements when you can.

Nick"

6/27/11 8:40pm
"Nick,

Im guessing you accept Paypal?"

6/28/11 8:45am
"yes, [email protected] is my paypal address.

Nick"

7/7/11 8:44pm
"Hey buddy,

Just got back into town. Saw your PM, and I just sent you a $50 deposit through Paypal.
I really appreaciate it!

Franco"

IMAGINE THAT! After he got my $$$, the communication stopped! Hell, I didnt even get a Thank you after I sent the $$.
Yea, I call it fraud!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all were promised something in "X" time give or take a few weeks, but still 4,6,8,10 months later there is NO delivery, or communication, and now the website is down. I call that fraud.</div></div>You can call it whetever you want, but that doesn't make it so. Unilateral contracts, once the project is started, presume a reasonable time to finish. That said, the question is: What is a reasonable amount of time?
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He removed his website so no more orders could be placed which in turn would let him get all your bags done. Stop crying and bitching and just deal with it. I waited longer than you and I was not on here constantly crying that I did not get my bag.

The reason he is not responding to calls and emails is because he is working on getting your bag done. Would you rather him spend his time working on your bag or answering the phone all day? </div></div>

I do not have a dog in this hunt, as I do not have a bag on order, I would like to have one of his bags right now....

Now let me put this in perspective for you: You call a company to put carpet in your house, you need carpet, heck, make up a service....you pay him up front and he says 2 weeks to order the carpet, a week or two after it arrives you will have new carpet in the living room, a month goes by, no carpet, no show....more months go by, nothing, you have paid him, you are out the funds and more months go by....Sir I can assure you, YOU will be bitching....

Do you think it is reasonable to place something on order, pay full price, not a % deposit, told 6 to 10 weeks and still be waiting for nine months, hell no....

Now what I dont understand, and believe me I want one of his bags for my MWS/USO set up, dont need to advertise the coin I got in this set up....you should be able to figure that out....sorry back to what I dont understand....hire someone to take orders, run the internet, package ship, hell do something to help...

I have been following this thread for some time now and what you have is a manufacturer of what appears to be a sought after, top quality product that now has a BAD reputation, so IMO, I dont care if he is making geese that shit golden eggs, would I trust him for a bag? No....

So now I am sitting here, needing a bag to hold my rig, something that will protect my investment, a bag I had no problem paying $300-$400 for and where do I go? Who has something? The market is real limited....

Sorry for the rant, but the pages above are covered with comments: Be patient, just wait, he will come thru: Screw that, he took money from people and have not delivered....

Let LaRue, DSA, Bravo Company or Brownells do that to you, you would change your tune....I can assure you....You would be the first one on the internet bitching and raising hell...

When people placed an order for a bag, they needed it then, more than likely for a current rifle, would I wait a month, yes, 6 weeks, chances are, 2 months, yes, but I would want to know what the hell was going on, especially after paying up front.

'Bronc

Couldnt agree more! Let me know where you buy your bag from. I need one, obviously lol..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He removed his website so no more orders could be placed which in turn would let him get all your bags done. Stop crying and bitching and just deal with it. I waited longer than you and I was not on here constantly crying that I did not get my bag.

I do not have a dog in this hunt, as I do not have a bag on order, I would like to have one of his bags right now....

Now let me put this in perspective for you: You call a company to put carpet in your house, you need carpet, heck, make up a service....you pay him up front and he says 2 weeks to order the carpet, a week or two after it arrives you will have new carpet in the living room, a month goes by, no carpet, no show....more months go by, nothing, you have paid him, you are out the funds and more months go by....Sir I can assure you, YOU will be bitching....

Do you think it is reasonable to place something on order, pay full price, not a % deposit, told 6 to 10 weeks and still be waiting for nine months, hell no....

Now what I dont understand, and believe me I want one of his bags for my MWS/USO set up, dont need to advertise the coin I got in this set up....you should be able to figure that out....sorry back to what I dont understand....hire someone to take orders, run the internet, package ship, hell do something to help...

I have been following this thread for some time now and what you have is a manufacturer of what appears to be a sought after, top quality product that now has a BAD reputation, so IMO, I dont care if he is making geese that shit golden eggs, would I trust him for a bag? No....

So now I am sitting here, needed a bag to hold my rig, something that will protect my investment, a bag I had no problem paying $300-$400 for and where do I go? Who has something? The market is real limited....

Sorry for the rant, but the pages above are covered with comments: Be patient, just wait, he will come thru: Screw that, he took money from people and have not delivered....

Let LaRue, DSA, Bravo company do that to you, you would change your tune....

'Bronc

</div></div>

I have been watching this thread for months and with good reason. In June I ordered a PRSM bag and a Gen 3 Tactical Vest. Like all I have been patiently waiting and had numerous false promises about delivery over the past 6 months. I was told on 3 separate occasions that my gear had been shipped or was shipping today/tomorrow, etc, etc.

Long story short on Tuesday I Received a tracking number and all the products I ordered showed up an hour ago.

Ill be the first to admit, Yes, It is nice stuff, however the aggravation of the false promises and endless wait kinda took the fun out of it. I hope moving forward Nick can get a better handle on his business and customers.

It was the phone call that did it.
wink.gif

You have powerful friends.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was the phone call that did it.
wink.gif

laugh.gif
</div></div>

I bow down to your all mighty greatness!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was the phone call that did it.
wink.gif

laugh.gif
</div></div>

So if you are buddy's with Nick you actually get what you order? The rest of us get screwed over? Is that what you are insinuating? Absolutely DISGUSTING. You should be ashamed of yourself. Karma...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couldnt agree more! Let me know where you buy your bag from. I need one, obviously lol..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He removed his website so no more orders could be placed which in turn would let him get all your bags done. Stop crying and bitching and just deal with it. I waited longer than you and I was not on here constantly crying that I did not get my bag.

So now I am sitting here, needed a bag to hold my rig, something that will protect my investment, a bag I had no problem paying $300-$400 for and where do I go? Who has something? The market is real limited....

Let LaRue, DSA, Bravo company do that to you, you would change your tune....

'Bronc

</div></div> </div></div>

Right now I am thinking I-Shot or 5.11. I have an I-shot now and it is built real well, like a tank....however, they have switched to plastic rings, clips and etc in place of metal on the bag. I am sure it is high strength plastic, but I really want something durable.

The 5.11 case looks promising, but I still have some concerns

I have not put my hands on one yet, but the case that LaRue Tactical offers, what they call their drag bag, for $249 looks like an option....also doubles as a shooting mat.

Eagle Industries stuff is also great, but they have let the public down by focusing their attention elsewhere and have started making stuff off-shore and from what I have been told, but not personally seen, much less quality for the same price.

But I really wanted a GRT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was the phone call that did it.
wink.gif

laugh.gif
</div></div> I bow down to your all mighty greatness! </div></div>LMFAO! No, it is I that must bow down to you.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chinaski</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was the phone call that did it.
wink.gif
laugh.gif
</div></div>So if you are buddy's with Nick you actually get what you order? The rest of us get screwed over? Is that what you are insinuating? Absolutely DISGUSTING. You should be ashamed of yourself. Karma... </div></div>Relax, dude, it was an inside joke, that's all. I never did anything like that for him.

...But I could do it for you; for money (just kidding!
laugh.gif
).

Well, no bag for Christmas. Has anyone made contact lately? I still haven't heard anything back from any of my emails. I'm fully moved at this point, if my bag ends up getting shipped to my old address, it might as well not get shipped at all.

I talked to Nick today. He had the day off and was at his shop and taking calls.

Not sure what happened to you all, but i ordered a gen 3 pack and got it in about 3 weeks, with no problems. He responded to all my messages, and even sent me one to make sure i got it. My only complaint is that there needs to be a place on the top of the pack to run the camelback through. Just thought i'd give my 2 cents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bujayman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure what happened to you all, but i ordered a gen 3 pack and got it in about 3 weeks, with no problems. He responded to all my messages, and even sent me one to make sure i got it. My only complaint is that there needs to be a place on the top of the pack to run the camelback through. Just thought i'd give my 2 cents. </div></div>

On my gen 3 there are holes for the hydration tube left and rght of the drag handle. They aren't obvious, and they are tight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone received an AICS 2.0 bag yet from Nick? </div></div>

I have not, 7 months and counting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone received an AICS 2.0 bag yet from Nick?</div></div>

6 months, 18 days and counting.

5 months, 21 days, 5 hours since I gave him a deposit.. Tried to make contact with him to finish paying, but he's not responding..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cluebat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone received an AICS 2.0 bag yet from Nick?</div></div>

6 months, 18 days and counting. </div></div>

6+ myself.

Cluebat, Collegeville huh. Attended Ursinus in my younger days.

What happened to the "Snipers hide 2009 build situation"??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like another "Snipers hide 2009 build" situation. Best of luck to all those who got screwed. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What happened to the "Snipers hide 2009 build situation"??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like another "Snipers hide 2009 build" situation. Best of luck to all those who got screwed. </div></div> </div></div>

This thread:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1395546&page=1
If you read the first few posts (and note the dates), and then read the last page (and note the dates) you will get the picture.

I think I might get in on one of the Tac Ops drag bag group buys. Its not a folder bag, but it at least it exists in the here and now.

HOLY FU**ING SHIT!!! Well, I do feel a little better knowing that I only have $50 invested lol. Tell you what though, for $3300+, my ass would be taking a road trip! I hope those guys get their rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackalope33B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What happened to the "Snipers hide 2009 build situation"??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like another "Snipers hide 2009 build" situation. Best of luck to all those who got screwed. </div></div> </div></div>

This thread:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1395546&page=1
If you read the first few posts (and note the dates), and then read the last page (and note the dates) you will get the picture.

I think I might get in on one of the Tac Ops drag bag group buys. Its not a folder bag, but it at least it exists in the here and now. </div></div>

Well, I got an email back to Nick that he had received my changed of address request. He said that my bag would be going out "soon" but had no exact date, despite having said:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Cluebat - Please excuse my colossal fuck up on your bag. There was a big mix up on the paperwork here, and yours is the next to go out.
</div></div>

A month ago. Oh well. I guess a response is better than no response, even if I don't like the answer. Fingers crossed that soon actually means soon.

No word here, I hit my 8 month anniversary next Tuesday.

I lived in Norristown PA., and Bozeman MT. too.
So it is a small world

Not since he took my $$$..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David777</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, anyone have any communication from Nick? </div></div>

January 13th was 5 months for me...

I broke down and bought another bag. I ordered it yesterday from Natchez. Made by Eagle Industries. I really don't think I will be getting what I PAID for from Nick. Not only has Nick basically ruined his own business, I will be very wary of ordering anything from a 'boutique' manufacturer again.

Nick's sight is back up...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Due to the unusually large order volume, and tremendous amount of orders waiting to be fulfilled, Grand River Tactical is not taking any new orders. For a short time, GRT Gear will be supplying only Military and LEO.</div></div>

Ok, Due to the Nick's overwhelming work load both for GRT and his normal job. Nick will be issuing refunds to whoever wants them. I will be helping nick organize this process. Send me a PM include your name, what you ordered, and confirm your shipping address. I will cross reference with his records and will be giving the refunds as soon as possible. Nick's normal job will be sending him to France for three weeks next month for training so I know this won't help solve the back order issues he is currently having. I have no dog in this fight and I am just trying to help out a friend with a situation that has gotten out of hand. Please don't send me stupid PM's or complain to me, I am just trying to help resolve this and I am not an employee of GRT.

Nick will be posting on this matter either later today or tomorrow.

Cluebat Your order is complete and will ship out 19 Jan

rak187,

First off, thank you for your efforts. I will GLADLY accept a refund. I sent you a Private Message with my info. Going forward, Nick needs to rethink his business model. A friendly suggestion would be to look at Grant Cunningham's method of operation. He is a revolver smith based out of Oregon.

Scott