• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Great experience with McRees Precision

Bama sharpshooter

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2013
A friend of mine turned me on to Mcree while setting up a precision rig for my 10 year old and I couldn't be happier with both the product and the customer service provided by Scott Mcree. He even went as far as calling the UPS driver, who had already made his friday pickup back to his shop so my son could have his stock and magazine on Saturday. This platform is so versatile that it will be with him all the way thru adulthood. The LOP is perfect for him, and it's not even as short as it can adjust. While most 10yr olds are plinking at birds with a BB gun, mine is accurate at 500 with his Rem 700 308 in a Mcrees G5 Tmag folding rifle stock. I highly recommend this product and this company. image.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at them the other day , would this stock be good for my Savage 111 .300 win mag in your opinion. As I'm just getting into this kind of shooting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Been very happy with both of mine! :) Lucky kid! I wish I would have got a rifle chassis at 10, I rocked the wood stocked Remmington 721 .270 with a pencil barrel and a weaver straight 4x scope well into adulthood until I started getting the bug! Awesome set-up and very cool that you are passing it on to another generation. Scott is a class act!

I was in the same boat at his age, pellet guns and .22's in the backyard. When i got an 870 for christmas it was the best day ever....i would have shit if i had that rig!

I was looking at them the other day , would this stock be good for my Savage 111 .300 win mag in your opinion. As I'm just getting into this kind of shooting.

Call the shop and check on the long action stocks for savage. I believe they were producing only SA for savage platforms.

I called last month for my 111 300 winmag, he said he isnt making savage long action right now, go ahead and call him though, let him know there is demand out there. Best to call in the afternoon.

Definitely have one luck boy there! I just picked one up for my Savage a couple weeks ago, it's a work of art. He's going to enjoy it for many years.

I just got my McRees today and am impressed. Scott was very helpful with my questions before ordering and very quick to get my stock out.

I really like my McCree, especially the nice mag release and sturdy folding mechanism. Scott does a lot for the troops, I try and stop by to say hi to him every year at SHOT.

I used to like McRee, but I must say I'm not impressed with them anymore. Last year, I needed a chassis for my Sako TRG. XLR offered one and I contacted McRee...was told I'd be placed on their wait list and be contacted once they offered the Sako chassis...never heard back from them.

If you want a great company that offers great products and outstanding CS...look no further than XLR. Everytime I had a question I called XLR and Kyle was always there to answer questions.

I used to like McRee, but I must say I'm not impressed with them anymore. Last year, I needed a chassis for my Sako TRG. XLR offered one and I contacted McRee...was told I'd be placed on their wait list and be contacted once they offered the Sako chassis...never heard back from them.

If you want a great company that offers great products and outstanding CS...look no further than XLR. Everytime I had a question I called XLR and Kyle was always there to answer questions.

Thats a real Dick move! Crapping on a guys thread about his experience with his boy and his first precision rifle. Not only to this guy and his boy but to Scott McRee for bumping a competitor. McRee supports our LEO and armed forces guys and still donates to matches and shows up and shoots when he can. I have seen him hand his own rifle and ammo to an enlisted man to shoot a match. Not to mention the customer service he has provided myself and many other I know. And who the hell shoots a Sako anyway.
Anyway good luck with the new chassis Bama sharpshooter and I hope you and your boy have many great days at the range.

I met Scott a few years ago at the Gastonia Sniper Conference. He is a really nice guy, and extremely approachable. Ended up getting a few of his stocks, and I love them.
His wife was awesome to deal with when ordering. They support our LE and MIL guys a lot. Great people and a great product!!

Scott is a true patriot and a very good man! I am starting to think about putting a rifle together for my little girls to start shooting a little distance. I think one of Scott's chassis would be a great place to start...

You're absolutely correct tmpohuski7. I started the thread not necessarily to encourage people to purchase Scott's product, but to tell people about my experience with an awesome guy who sells an awesome product. Not to give every tool in the world a forum to try and promote against my product. I had a great experience. End of story. And just because of that dick move, XLR will never be something I will consider. Keep your opinions to yourself on my thread, after all, if I wanted to hear from an asshole I'd fart.

That is a nice set up you got for your boy. I wish my dad would be as into the sport as you. I've been looking at a Mcree chassis for awhile to replace my XLR. While I don't mind the XLR it's not as comfortable as my Manners T4a and I want a folder that is more similar to the manners, without spending over 1k for the manners once it's all said and done since I'm on a budget.