• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Griffin Armament Checkmate II giveaway -

HPLLC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Wales WI
www.griffinarmament.com
<span style="font-weight: bold">
Bad news - you have to sign petitions and post a reply to an announcement on our facebook page-

Good news- you might already have signed one for a chance to win the SWR can in the other thread.

Our drawing will be held on the 31'st of October before midnight Baghdad time.

Guidelines and legal mumbo jumbo are on the discussion tab of the facebook page.</span>

For entry to the Griffin Armament suppressor giveaway contest, please visit and sign both petitions, and copy and paste "I voted for NFA reform" into a reply to the original announcement post on our main page feed.

We need your help to change the painfully slow NFA process!! EVERY PERSON COUNTS!! YOU ARE CRITICALLY IMPORTANT.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/...branch/qBq7wmNH

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/proper-...h-of-the-batfe/

The suppressor industry needs to stand together to accomplish positive change.

checkmateii.jpg

Re: Griffin Armament Checkmate II giveaway -

Guidelines of the contest

Link to facebook page

<span style="font-weight: bold">We're encouraging people to use facebook because it shows on your news feed and might help us get the 5000 people for the white house petition.</span>

If you really care about NFA reform, post links in your profile status so your friends can sign.

I've e-mailed some other manufacturers to see if they are willing to help generate buzz, so we'll also get to see if companies like Gemtech, Surefire, Silencerco, SWR, Liberty Suppressors, and AAC care about the time you have to wait to get their product enough to involve themselves. (I hope they do).

We also would like to join Silenced America in saying that current .mil or veteran winners will get a free stamp with the can.

I voted. Sure would be nice if the lead times would go down.

Thanks for putting this together Austin.

I voted and signed the petitions. Not because I care about getting free stuff, but because I care about the NFA getting the help it really needs.

I voted for NFA reform.

thanks for posting this up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I voted and signed the petitions. Not because I care about getting free stuff, but because I care about the NFA getting the help it really needs. </div></div>

Hopefully the rest of the community will think the same. I've heard people complain about NFA timelines for 10 years. Silenced America LLC's petition is the first time I've ever seen anyone attempt to do anything about it.

It's a lot more proactive attempting to find a solution than hoping for spontaneous change.

Let's just hope that we get the signatures required to be heard.

It is nice working with someone like Austin from Griffin that I have never met and the only time we have talked was from 1/2 a world apart. We are on the same page. This weekend I have talked to a lot of people. I would like to hear from the other vendors on this forum. The gang from SilencerCo was very happy to help. I am sure that most in the industry are. I wish that everyone in the industry would be willing to give something away (even small) to drive signatures.

I don't know if it has anything to do with military "brainwashing" or not, but Austin and I would rather get something done than bitch and lay down while our customers are waiting and our businesses are being affected. Austin put it correctly when he said something to the effect of, "whether or not I make a profit every year, the NFA sure as hell has made money off of me being in business." It is time to get something back!

I agree Scott

I have had a form 3 for a dealer to my dealer for over 4 months now. It usually took a week or two. They somehow have screwed up the quickest part of your transfer.... unbelievable!

I signed them

On an unrelated note, I finally get to pick up my Checkmate Stainless tomorrow. My first NFA transfer (not the last) and it took way too long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree Scott

I have had a form 3 for a dealer to my dealer for over 4 months now. It usually took a week or two. They somehow have screwed up the quickest part of your transfer.... unbelievable! </div></div>

That is pretty bad. But we moved a couple months back and are still getting our NFA paperwork at the wrong address despite that address no longer being our FFL address.

We tried calling the person who is supposed to issue our SOT, but I've called about 35 times and left a dozen messages and we've not been able to get a response.

They are too busy to provide a basic level of service. It's the agency the government forgot.

Let's hope we can make something happen then....
Out of all the members on this site.... we could sign a petition 11x over!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I voted for NFA reform </div></div>

Thanks I'll put you on the list-

Check this out - I found this video in the team room area 2A section.

1986 MG BAN VIDEO

"I voted for NFA reform"

I'm NOT from the Government... I'm here to help!!

DK

I hope they get enough signatures. I'm going to try and spread the word. We'll see.

I voted for NFA reform

I voted. NFA income should be spent on a full overhaul of their system.

I voted for NFA reform.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Thanks for the help-

Please do whatever you can to promote the Silenced America LLC petition, it is the more useful of the two, and the one with the higher likelyhood of success.

The suppressor industry <span style="font-weight: bold">[outside of Silencer Co who did help to get the word out]</span> has been pathetically silent and totally un-supportive of Silenced America's efforts and I think that is completely pathetic.

<span style="font-weight: bold">make sure you hit the facebook button on Scotts petition to post it to your feed. That will broaden the pool.</span>

Hey bro, signed the petitions.

Hopefully it all gets straight in the end. Also clicked the Facebook share icon to tell my friends. I think that will be a big help to generate more signatures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: locked&loaded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I voted for NFA reform. </div></div>

Thanks- We're at 91 participants in the promotion (people who we know how to contact) at this point, and about 600 signatures on Silenced America's petition.

You all count here. Every signature is a critical step toward 1000.

I voted for NFA reform!

Vince G
Spokane, WA
October 20, 2011
Signature # 588

Vince, You signed on October 20, 2011.
Your signature has been delivered to:
The United States Executive and Legislative Branches, The Department of Justice, and The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives

I voted for NFA reform!!!! Twice!!

I voted, just couldnt get the white house one to work?

I voted for NFA reform.

We used random.org's random integer machine to select a number from a list compiled of all the entrants to the competition as they came in from both Facebook, and Snipers Hide on microsoft word.

We had 112 entries and Christopher Larson on Facebook was number 55. We've shot him an e-mail. If he is a veteran and can produce a DD214 we'll be paying his stamp too. If he isn't it will be his stamp.

If he declines we will re-select another candidate. The time is 11:35PM Baghdad time and the contest is officially closed.

<span style="font-weight: bold">We didn't get 5000 signatures but the White House petition was the weaker of the two anyway. The Silenced America petition is on it's way to 1000 despite near total lack of suppressor industry and gun lobby support, and that contest ends Nov 17th so we have over two weeks left to get 353 more signatures on it.

Thanks to all who participated- you can say that you did something more proactive than complain about timelines. With luck at some point in the future our government will be more efficient than it currently is with regard to suppressor transfer timelines. </span>

I know the contest is over but i just signed the other petition. Wish i would have seen this earlier and i would have done both. Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drb5r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know the contest is over but i just signed the other petition. Wish i would have seen this earlier and i would have done both. Good luck </div></div>

Thanks- as with most things getting the word out is a big obstacle to getting anything done.

You really have to become a soapbox type attention whore to get anything accomplished...

Sign the Silenced America Petition and h...f you have one.

After signing, post Registered for Specw...nce to win one

<span style="font-weight: bold">Silenced America's petition runs till Nov 17th.</span>