• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Griffin Armament - ORION

Papagallos

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
South Texas, United States
Being the poor bastard that I am, I was looking for a set of cheap, bad-ass, light and tough 34mm rings. I got online, did some research, and it turned out that SportOptics carried a set of rings that I had been curious about. These particular rings are called ORION, and they are made by Griffin Armament. The great crew from SportOptics hooked me up with an ORION set and I had the rings shipped overnight along with some other goodies. :)

It took less than 15 hours for UPS to deliver my package. In no time I was admiring the quality of the ORION rings. Griffin Armament did one hell of job in smoothing out every single ring edge. It gave me a sense of feeling that these bad boys weren't going to mar the finish on any scope, which is great since I tend to sell everything and we all know that scope ring marks will kill the resale value of any scope. :D

The Kahles 624i and ORION rings are a match made in heaven. The rings were installed without a hiccup and they locked up very, very nicely. And considering the specs of the Kahles, it isn't going anywhere. So, you can rest assure that the rings will hold up to any abuse that they get subjected to.

One thing that I always look for in scope rings is their ability to hold zero or at least be near it when removing and remounting a scope. I shot a group with a load that I was testing. I then proceeded to remove the scope, remount it, and shoot another group. The ORION rings didn't fail at all. The group was damn near identical if it weren't for my inability to repeat the same mechanics behind the rifle from the initial group that I shot.

I am truly impressed with the Griffin Armament ORION rings. They are lightweight, tough, priced just right, and look great. They are perfect for the discriminating tactical shooter or hunter. I definitely recommend them to other poor bastards such as myself. :D

Cheers!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
That's an awesome setup you have there.

For anyone looking for a great ring selection, check out what the guys at Griffin Armament have to offer. There are two style to choose from. One series has a "tactical" look to it while the other is sleeker with great aesthetic appeal.
E-TAC: Griffin Armament ETAC Scope Rings
ORION: Griffin Armament ORION Scope Rings

We've had really good luck with the E-TAC series with customers coming back for a second or third set. I expect nothing less for the new ORION series.

-Chris

I have been very impressed by Griffin's products as well. I just wish more people knew who they are and what they do.

Their Flash Hiders are among the best and have a great price point
Their Cans are great and very good price point
Their rings look well made too.

Looking forward to getting a set of 34MM to try on a new rig.

+1 For the E-TAC series of rings. I was really impressed with the build quality and attention to detail that was put into designing their rings. Great product hands down.

These WILL be my next set of rings when I find what scope I'm going to buy. From your review and others it seems they will offer what I need functionally, and they are very aesthetically pleasing. Should go with my .260 build just perfect.
The price is an added benefit.