• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Griffin Armament Taper Mount Cans

1slow01z71

Side of the barn hitter
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2012
Austin, TX
Anyone had a chance to try them? Im specifically interested in the 338phs
PHS 338 Sound Suppressor
But maybe a 30cal can too. I havent been able to find a whole lot of info on them other than some youtube videos. It looks as if the taper mount series are oretty new so I'd imagine only dealers with a sample could give any sort of insight. For now I'd use it on my 300WM and 338 RUM until a I get a 338LM but I'm sure it would go a long ways towards making range days more comfortable shooting the big guns.

Im trying to decide between buying the tbac 338ba so I can cash in on tje tbac discount or wait and buy the griffin later. If I wait and buy the griffin later I can get the tbac 30PS and a swr octane45 which would get used more. Just with the 10% discount tbac has right now, now would be the time to buy their big ticket can. The griffin looks like a solid can just hesitant to throw down the money on an unknown.

I ordered a RSTA back during the group buy, and I'm still waiting for the stamp, but throughout the process e guys at Griffin Armament were great to deal with. I could always get ahold of them by email, phone or PM here. I'm looking forward ordering up one of the SPR cans they have out now for my next one. I know that's not an answer to your question, but the company is GTG.
If you check out the group buy section RANGEWALKER is running deal on the can you're looking at.

I got in on the last group buy with them early and have a M4 SD-II can. Its supposed to be their flagship can. Its been a very good can and I've been bouncing it around through different hosts. The guys at Griffin have been great, have had several conversations with Austin about their cans and I'm glad to we they are doing well. Was going to do a thorough vid on it but haven't been able to. I know it doesn't answer about your original question though.

I guess there isny a whole lot of markup on their cans. I was hoping that there would be a greater discount, atleast at the prices rangewalker is advertising I might as well go with the tried and true tbac cans. Rangewalker usually has pretty competitive pricing so I guess it is what it is. Ill wait till someone gets a 338phs in hand and does some thorough testing. I really like their recce 7 can but at only 150 cheaper than the 30BA thats a proven can.

They'd be serving themselves well to get some of these cans into dealer hands as demos so we as a consumer could make a better decision. They really look like a quality cans but with no info out there from 3rd parties its kind of a big leap of faith.

I guess there isny a whole lot of markup on their cans. I was hoping that there would be a greater discount, atleast at the prices rangewalker is advertising I might as well go with the tried and true tbac cans. Rangewalker usually has pretty competitive pricing so I guess it is what it is. Ill wait till someone gets a 338phs in hand and does some thorough testing. I really like their recce 7 can but at only 150 cheaper than the 30BA thats a proven can.

They'd be serving themselves well to get some of these cans into dealer hands as demos so we as a consumer could make a better decision. They really look like a quality cans but with no info out there from 3rd parties its kind of a big leap of faith.

We debuted our new cans at SHOT show last year and the response was pretty good from interested parties. We have a very competitive demo program available to dealers and alot of our dealers are using it to get this new products in their hands. The largest obstacle this year with getting this product circulated is the NFA stagnation in terms of the transfer process. We started manufacturing and distributing retail products in July of 2012 and it was an instant success. Feedback was fast and positive and we've done a slew of sales cycles on that stuff. The NFA game is a different story. Not only does it take a much longer amount of time to do the R&D to bring high performance suppressors to market, it also takes much longer to get them transferred. In years past 10-14 days was the norm. This year was horrendous with 90-120 day form 3 transfers. That is changing in short order however. 10 examiners are getting brought on board at the NFA branch in the next 8 weeks and we should see transfer times drop substantially.

Our products have sold initially well through our dealer network, none of which are here at snipers hide apart from colonial armory. Steve Walker is a great guy and was pretty interested in offering our products to the snipers hide community, which we appreciate. He is doing a video on the M4SDII and 300 Magnum PHS can in a week or so. The cans are built with no compromises to quality and come in at an affordable price point.

Thunderbeast has a great reputation and they have worked hard for it. For consumers looking to get into their cans, there has probably never been a better time than now. That being said I fully believe in our product quality as well and it gives up nothing to the competition. Some time will have to pass until that info reaches the market at large and we at GA understand that. Suppressor sales are not won overnight, it takes time to earn dealer and consumer trust in the product and the business. But we are happy with our growth so far and our product line and feel that our new developments will be around for years to come as solid products in the market with staying power.

Stay tuned on intel for our cans, sooner or later it will reach the public and I think people will be very satisfied with our products. Thanks, -Evan

I didn't mean for my posts to come off negative in any manner if they came across that way. Just trying to gather as much info as possible to make a good decision on my next few can purchases. Ive got a tbac 30PSS headed my way eventually, so now Im looking for a 30 cal precision type can(already have yhm ti qd) and one for my 338RUM. In my searching I found your new line of suppressors and also your reputation for great customer service. In this day and age it seems good customer service is a lost art, so that has a big effect on me and where Ill spend my money. Im willing to pay a little more for a company who truly tries to do their customer right. So between good customer service, good price point and it seems a good product it got me really interested in your products. Unfortunately it seems at this time there just isn't a whole lot of info out there for consumers to use to make a decision with.

I look forward to more of them getting released into the wild as Im sure that will help your sales even further. It seems the current climate has slowed your business as well. My buddy said it took over 2 months for his forms to go pending which is ridiculous IMO and with the latest thread about form 3s taking well over 100 days I imagine it makes your business very difficult and even harder to get your new products out in the field.

Do yall have plans for any other cans coming out in the near future? Maybe like a direct thread line, or bigger bore cans(like for a 458 socom)?

i heard those 10 examiners were nixed do to sequestration...

They were nixed a long time ago with sequestration. Those were contract employees. 10 NFA employees are sliding over from the licensing center to hurry up transfer times. This intel is new as of about a week ago. And I think we can all thank the ASA's efforts for this.

I didn't mean for my posts to come off negative in any manner if they came across that way. Just trying to gather as much info as possible to make a good decision on my next few can purchases. Ive got a tbac 30PSS headed my way eventually, so now Im looking for a 30 cal precision type can(already have yhm ti qd) and one for my 338RUM. In my searching I found your new line of suppressors and also your reputation for great customer service. In this day and age it seems good customer service is a lost art, so that has a big effect on me and where Ill spend my money. Im willing to pay a little more for a company who truly tries to do their customer right. So between good customer service, good price point and it seems a good product it got me really interested in your products. Unfortunately it seems at this time there just isn't a whole lot of info out there for consumers to use to make a decision with.

I look forward to more of them getting released into the wild as Im sure that will help your sales even further. It seems the current climate has slowed your business as well. My buddy said it took over 2 months for his forms to go pending which is ridiculous IMO and with the latest thread about form 3s taking well over 100 days I imagine it makes your business very difficult and even harder to get your new products out in the field.

Do yall have plans for any other cans coming out in the near future? Maybe like a direct thread line, or bigger bore cans(like for a 458 socom)?

Lead times have slowed our NFA business a lot but there is light at the end of the tunnel with concerns to that. I didn't take your post as negative, I was just trying to let you know what's been going on with our efforts to get things rolling with our new product on the admin side. Thanks for the interest. Oh and to answer your question, no we don't have anything coming our for bigger bored cans at this time.

I have a Couple of Evan and Austin's Cans that I will be Demoing, I'll Post a Couple of vid's. These are great can's. I am very excited about the New M4SDII and the Checkmate QD. I will have something this weekend.
Thanks for all your Help Evan.

I had a similar experience as the other folks here.
Austin and Evan were great to deal with and I'm very happy with the product. I also love the new look with the groves at the back of the can. The first run was just the tube. No grippy groves.
I purchased the RSTA on the first group buy here and recently got to shoot it (My FFL met me at his range)
I didn't really have time to do a POI or accuracy test, but general accuracy was great. That said, I was only shooting 300BLK subsonic at short ranges.
At 50 yards, all the bullet holes were touching out of my Remington 700 (My 16 YO son was shooting) and POI shift was repeatable (Again, I wasn't really measuring though). He was shooting with both the can on and off. Again, I didn't ask him if the impacts shifted, but he didn't complain if they were :)
Out of the AR15 SBR, I was only checking function and sound, more so than accuracy.
Over all, I'm very happy with the purchase and Griffin Armament in general. I'm also impressed with the PHS and other silencers in their line up.
If I were buying today, I'd have trouble picking which one I wanted.

Next up for me (While I'm waiting on the stamp) I'll be building up a 308 (or similar) bolt gun and and AR-10 type rifle for the RSTA to go on. Unfortunatly for me, my private club here only goes out to 100 yards. I really want to try to get into longer ranges. 5.56 AR's and my 300BLK rifles are great for my needs today, but I really want to go longer :)

Last edited:
I am running the Taper mount Flash Comps in anticipation of picking up a Recce 7 and maybe a 5 down the road.

It is AS good if not better comp than battlecompe and the spikes dyna comp. The fact that its also a suppessor mount and is priced better then both is just icing on the cake. This is one of the few QD addapters that is usuable/effective without the can on it.

Well its official finally, efiled my form 4s today for a PHS 338 and a Recce 7. Guess Im pot committed now, just wish it wasn't going to be this time next year before I get to play with it.

Can you give us a detailed report when you get them. Any info-review would be great (for the users and GA).

I got my cans back at the beginning of March and have about a thousand rounds through the recce 7 and 100 or so through the PHS338 mainly because my 300wm load was right on the edge of full powder burn and the can changed my accuracy node so I had to reword the load. Accuracy is just as good if not slightly better and shift is repeatable when I tested it. Ill be buying the PHS300 as well and relegating the recce 7 to my 223s and 6.8. I like the added weight and suppression of the PHS for a target gun.