• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Guaging interest- Kydex mag pouches

ss10ring

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2005
St Augustine, FL
So i had a brain storm the other day shooting and remembered that my AR mags, Pistol and pistol mags an just about everything else on my belt is made of Kydex. While laying prone and trying to fish out an extra mag I thought it would be great if my Alpha mags could be carried on the back side where I carry AR mags and then when I was shooting prone I could just reach back for a spare. So I have my local holster guy do this as a quick prototype. Now I think I gonna have him make me a few pairs.

photo-1321.JPG

photo-1331.JPG

Re: Guaging interest

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deputy Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AI Mag? I dig it! Price? </div></div>

If I can get him to commit on a qty, I'm guessing in the $25-$30 range I'll know more by the end of the week

I think its a long overdue great idea!!

Who did you get to make them specifically. I don't use AI mags but I'd be interested in seeing if he could make a few for Seekins mags and 308 PMAGS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think its a long overdue great idea!!
</div></div>

+1

I like the idea, but the pouch would be much more comfortable if the "bubble" to hold the mag was on the outside, with a flat piece of kydex next to your body. Some of the holsters made that way are really comfortable. But I don't know if they can get kydex to mold like that.

OK, Anybody interested in helping me finalize these send me a pm and I'll get you a set out for evaluation at my cost. I currently only have Alpha mags to work with if you want something different and can be without it for a week send it and I'll ship it back with the test pouches.

If this breaks any rules in any way please delete

OK, Anybody interested in helping me finalize these send me a pm and I'll get you a set out for evaluation at my cost. I currently only have Alpha mags to work with if you want something different and can be without it for a week send it and I'll ship it back with the test pouches.

If this breaks any rules in any way please delete

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know ss10ring sent me out some of these to test out.

The box was here when I returned from shooting this weekend.

All I can say is WOW. This is a nice product that has been long over due!!!

Some matches i need to run a full belt and battle rig other times i just need some mags on my body and i prefer to move and be as comfortable as possible.

These new mag pouches will fill that void and be a MUCH needed piece of gear in my competetion setup.

The pouches I got are for the Alpha mags. I also jammed my AI mags in them to see how they work. They are very tight but on a pinch I could use them if needed.

I highly recommend these to anyone in the need for a good quality pouch.

Great job ss10ring!!!

I have been doing a lot bussniess with Brian (ss10ring) for a few years now after meeting up on another forum and he is 100% GTG! Can not wait for these to get up and running, I already have a few on the way myself. Glad see he is getting interested in the long gun world. For those that don't know him he is quite the handgun/carbine instructor also
smile.gif

Now to get some for AI mags in the mix!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lrt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been doing a lot bussniess with Brian (ss10ring) for a few years now after meeting up on another forum and he is 100% GTG! Can not wait for these to get up and running, I already have a few on the way myself. Glad see he is getting interested in the long gun world. For those that don't know him he is quite the handgun/carbine instructor also
smile.gif

Now to get some for AI mags in the mix!
</div></div>

Thanks for the words
grin.gif
I just ordered some AI mags to try out too

OK did some updates and changed a few things to add a few different style

1. deep seat with cut out 1.75" belt loos
2. Standard 1.5" loops
3. Molle With Retention strap

photo-139.JPG

photo-140.JPG

Just got a few of these in the Mail today...

Top notch construction and work EXCELLENT with my Type II Alpha Mags...

They also work with my WSM Alpha Mags...

Great product at an Awesome price...

ss10ring is GTG...

Looking good keep up the good work!!

Great product!

Mine arrived and its GTG...and sharp looking.

Appearance is better up close than the pictures in this thread...IMHO.

Got mine in the mail on Friday and they look & work great! Highly recommended.

I had a chance to test out my AI mags in the new deep seat mag pouches and they rock!!

I have always been a fan of kydex pouches over mesh/nylon pouches!!

You will see me wearing these at all my tactical matches from now on.

Great product- highly recommended.

Here is some pricing info

Pricing is $20 per pouch any color or attachment size loops or molle,
Shipping is $5 for 1 or $11 for as many fit into a USPS med priority box

It appers the attachments are attached to the kydex with slotted screws, is this correct? I'm asking b/c I'm wandering if it could be attached to a SO Tech belt

This would solve some of my problems, great idea!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It appers the attachments are attached to the kydex with slotted screws, is this correct? I'm asking b/c I'm wandering if it could be attached to a SO Tech belt </div></div>

Yep any type of mole if you need longer strips just let me know

HOLY HUGE!!

Just knocked out a set for an AIAW 300WM 5 and 10 round deep set with belt loops and MOLLE. THese are shipping out tomorrow.
2011-08-04_18-35-26_307.jpg
2011-08-04_18-35-38_19.jpg

BTT for a great guy and great product!!

Re: Guaging interest- Kydex mag pouches

Who was I sending these to again????
laugh.gif

photo-1711.JPG

I can do any mag as long as you send me the mag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are these available for PMag LR20s?
smile.gif
</div></div>

These are coming from what I have been told
smile.gif

Highly recommend these pouches!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are these available for PMag LR20s?
smile.gif
</div></div>

These are coming from what I have been told
smile.gif

Highly recommend these pouches!!

</div></div>

Yep there is a prototype headed out this week

For real this time with a Tek Lok
whistle.gif

Now thats a winner!!! Looks good wish I knew who the lucky prick that was getting that was, so I can ambush his mailman!!

That is a very much needed pouch!!

Just got my pouches in. Look great and a great fit. Might have to get some for other mags.

I had something done similar to this a while back by bladetech but your prices are much better. Way to go. They look awesome.