• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Guess the weight???

hoguer

The Dude
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Central Valley, CA
Just went pig hunting and my father (pictured) shot the biggest hog so for for this season. This picture has not been altered in any way... I have seen some pics of some DECENT sized pigs on this site, and in my opinion the poster is always WAY off on their guess of the pigs weight. I shoot a LOT of pigs and the big ones we weigh for note keeping (every hunt is documented for harvest info, now we are seeing trends over the past 3 years since we started) Who can guess the weight?? and i DID weigh it, have a pic of actual measurement, so im not guessing. This boar was shot on a 5000 acre wine vinyard we hunt quite often, and was not trapped/confined to the area. these are wild boars

FOR REFERENCE, MY FATHER IS 5'10"

The mexican guy is one of our friends who hunts with us all of the time, and he has shot much larger boars in the past.

Re: Guess the weight???

I'll play: 350 or so. Years ago when I lived in Hawaii, the UH was studying wild pigs. They calculated that a whole hog, minus feet/hide/guts, equalled 64% of live weight. At one check station they weighed one at, IIRC, 542 pounds!
I saw some dandies when I hunted them, but judging by tracks and tusk marks, there were some biguns out there.

1911fan

im also gonna put it in the 350/350+ plus category.
I've seen a few 200lb'ers down in TX that we trapped but this is way bigger than all of those.

I'd guess your Father weights about 180 Lbs and the hog runs 380 lbs.
grin.gif

I'll put him in the 300-325 range figuring the man next to him is about 160-175.

I took one about 3 years ago that went 425 on the scale. The proportions looked similar with me in the photo being 6' 230.

why don't you tell me what it weighs and iwill tell you if you where close to my guess

HAd some close guesses here guys. The hog weighed 297lbs. Most people who dont do a lot of hog hunting and go shoot a big pig think they are WAY heavier than they are. I usually dont beleive peoples guess on the size of their pig unless they actually weighed it like i do or have pics for me. I have got very good at it over time, usually +/- 10lbs on the big ones, and+/- 5lbs on the smaller ones we shoot. Befor we had the scale to get real weights we were usually high like most people are. Dead weight is so much heavier! lol. Good gueses people! this thing is gonna make some good deep pit pork!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> why don't you tell me what it weighs and iwill tell you if you where close to my guess </div></div>

LMAO

imma say 275-ish

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> why don't you tell me what it weighs and iwill tell you if you where close to my guess </div></div>

LMAO

imma say 275-ish </div></div>

your a little behind the curve there.... i posted the actual weight above yours!

I think that I dated that one just after my first deployment. You know the story, Marine home after being out for so long and can't wait for some good old American pie. She wasn't much of a looker, however, she was one hell of a cook and an animal in the sack.