• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Gun Grease or Lube

jrbet83

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2009
Pasco, Washington
What do you guys prefer in your auto guns (handguns included)? Do you like a tetra gun grease or clp lube? Or do you use both on different parts of the gun?

Re: Gun Grease or Lube

i use a all weather gun grease for all my guns, ive noticed with different lubes and other products that the lubes dont work well with gun oil or solvents

I use shooters choice grease, worth very well and doesnt get stiff in colder weather. Not like cold weather is a problem here in Kalifornia.

On my polymer guns which I carry and want the lube to stay put I use TW25B which is a gun grease. On my 1911 and 2011 guns that are basicly range guns I oil them with Militec-1 Oil before I head out and clean them and lube with the same for corrosion protection when returning. YMMV

Hi-Temp lithium wheel bearing grease. Buy it by the tub at autozone. Best thing available & have confirmed that over multiple millions of rounds over several years. Nothing else works as well, especially when conditions are shitty.

Grease on everything, oil only those places where grease application is not practical. As mentioned above, Shooter's Choice High-Tech Grease is great, so is Mil-Comm TW25B and MC2500. I still have a syringe of SC, but once it's gone, it'll be strictly whale sperm.

Permatex anti-seize copper lube. Same stuff that glock uses. $7.95 will last a few lifetimes. 3-in 1 offers a similar spray version with graphite

I use grease (Tetra or TW25B) wherever possible; I mainly use oil (Tetra-Lube) as a rust preventative as opposed to a lubricant.

In my opinion, it is pretty hard to go wrong as long as you use a quality (TetraLube, TW25B, CLP, Slip2000, wheel bearing grease, or one of the many others out there)lubricant. If you are going to be shooting in colder temperatures, one of the modern synthetics will likely be preferred.

Mobil 1 0w20 in most everything, Geissele's provided grease on trigger sear surfaces of AR15. The Mobil 1 is great stuff, choose a viscosity to suit your climate and don't look back. I use a thinner visc. due to the cold here in MN.

-matt