• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun Safe

I have one of the Zanotti Armor Z2 6’ safes I used to have upstairs in my old house, I’ll be putting it up for sale soon as I got a Sturdy when I moved. I was amazed how tight they are made, they feel as solid as a welded safe when assembled. Mine has toolbox style drawers in the bottom which isn’t offered anymore, those are great for suppressors and pistols.

I also recommend an alarm, I had Simplisafe for a long time, now I’m using the ring system as the monitoring is fixed at $100 per year.
+1 on security system. I too used simplysafe for several years and like the piece of mind it offers. We just finishing building a new home and we went a little further with a wired system plus cameras. IMO, they are all different layers of deterants but add up to what I hope makes our home less of a target.

1000 different suggestions on here. haha

The vast majority of safes are shit. Even the best only buy some time.

They keep it from making it a bit too easy on a criminal, but won't stop someone prepared for long

I'll summarize: AT A MINIMUM - you want 7 gauge steel on the whole safe, get a manual dial made by a reputable brand like S&G, bolt it to concrete with drop-in anchors or better, and get a security system that's monitored. Safes under $1K are 12GA-ish steel and can be breached in less then 5 minutes by anyone with a drill, crowbar, pickaxe or grinder. You've spent thousands or tens of thousands on your valuables. Spend 1200-2000 on an AmSec or Sturdy or more for a TL-30 rated safe when combined with monitored security are GTG.

Reactions: F4 plt
I recommend putting the safe on concrete. I put mine in the basement. Bigger is always better. I bought a small gun safe years ago...and I outgrew it 2 years ago. It was 10-12 gun safe. So I got a larger one 36 or so, and I now I regret not buying a taller 60 gun safe. I can't fit my O/U 12 Gauge in the safe without taking it apart.

Is it possible that one company's 7ga steel is "better" than another company's 7ga steel aside from the material makeup properties??

To me 7ga is 7ga when comparing the thickness......now if we're talking different physical properties of materials (stainless to mild steel) then I could understand. Most companies don't describe the physical material properties other than gage thickness.