• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Guns and coffee

Attachments

• 20201208_141556.jpg
    20201208_141556.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 62
Guess I can play.
Kirkland Espresso. Jovino 44mag, and a Vicky.

View attachment 7494318

Okay, fine.
I'll play too.
The 41 mags.
Ruger pre warning Bisley (converted from regular Blackhawk). Refinished by Gary Reeder. I have other pics that truly showcase the quality blueing.

Bottom, Jovino Effector Smith 657.

Coffee is just some Verona.

20201208_173418.jpg

1896 and 1912 for the wrenches

I'll play. I have nothing as cool as a family heirloom firearm, but it ought to at least be equal to wrenches.

1820 (+/- 30 years). It did need restoration work, but all the mahogany is original, as well as the brass on top and the brass clasp in the close up. It was an anniversary gift for my wife and she puts it to frequent use.
20201208_142653.jpg

20201208_142714.jpg

Coffee with friends.
The Sig P229 and its derivatives. The P229 is a slide / barrel shortened P226.

P229 = 3.9" barrel. P229C = 3.5" barrel P224=3.5" barrel
P229C is a hybrid; P229 frame with P224 slide / barrel - really nice carry kit.

P224 is the P229C with a shortened grip frame.

All share .40 / .357 sig barrel and magazine compatibilities.

Full size and pup when SOG made good stuff. Forgot to wipe off blade lubrication.
HK p30 VP9 Compact - USP .45 Tactical  Sig P229 Derivatives with Coffee Photos 2020IMG_7193 copy.jpg

Last edited:
I'll play. I have nothing as cool as a family heirloom firearm, but it ought to at least be equal to wrenches.

1820 (+/- 30 years). It did need restoration work, but all the mahogany is original, as well as the brass on top and the brass clasp in the close up. It was an anniversary gift for my wife and she puts it to frequent use.
View attachment 7495666
View attachment 7495667
Nice.

Getting my java down the hatch now. Had to first make a run to CVS that's a mile away to restock on coffee....thankfully they had the vacuum sealed yellow bag goodness. Lifesaver.

Not my life saved, mind you....just the poor fukkers I may encounter before I get my morning java. :mad: Barked at squirrels and hissed at a cat on the way to my truck...."get off my lawn you bastards!!!!!"....punk ass neighbor's cat should be running off the squirrels.

Now....sitting here pondering things....I'm mad at myself for not getting a can for 9mm or .45. Would be fun for plinking off the squirrels in the yard without too much drama.

Today's carry gun....a .45 that carries easily and is crazy accurate. DW Valkyrie .45. VZ grips & Stan Chen SI magwell.

Don't be sorry for the extra post, I could look at that beautiful gun all day! Grips are Spalted Birch?

I'm not exactly sure what the wood is.
Gary had recieved a bunch of stabilized/dyed woods from the Ukraine a few years back.
20180105_202348.png

This was the block that I got. Couldn't pass up the deal because the wood and the making/fitting was only $100.
Of course the refinish and blueing plus an action job cost a bunch more.
Oh and I had the Bisley grip frame converted to his Gunfighter grip.

That gun was in terrible condition before I sent it to him.

Before:
20170212_161851.jpg

After:
20180307_134941.jpg

Last edited:
That was my wifes grandmothers.

I think its from the 40s.

Only time I use it is when I have a day off.

Set the heat as low as possible and let it come to temp slow.

Dangitman.....it’s 11:00pm and this coffee talk has me wanting to fast forward to morning. :)

Reactions: MJF
Getting my java down the hatch now. Had to first make a run to CVS that's a mile away to restock on coffee....thankfully they had the vacuum sealed yellow bag goodness. Lifesaver.

Not my life saved, mind you....just the poor fukkers I may encounter before I get my morning java. :mad: Barked at squirrels and hissed at a cat on the way to my truck...."get off my lawn you bastards!!!!!"....punk ass neighbor's cat should be running off the squirrels.

Now....sitting here pondering things....I'm mad at myself for not getting a can for 9mm or .45. Would be fun for plinking off the squirrels in the yard without too much drama.

Today's carry gun....a .45 that carries easily and is crazy accurate. DW Valkyrie .45. VZ grips & Stan Chen SI magwell.

That holster tho...........

Details, please.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Hot morning coffee with 1911 style companions.

Wilson Combats: Tactical Elite govt size / Professional Elite commander - heavy cone barrels
Professional commander size
Combat Carry 9 mm

Nighthawks: Talon govt size / Talon II commander size

Belgium Browning Hi-power 9 mm Philip Booth Minnow Model #25 1.5" wide blade Damascus / pearl push button automatic opener

Wilson Combat 1911 with Coffee Photos 2020IMG_7206 copy.jpg
Nighthawk Talons 1911 with Coffee Photos 2020IMG_7210 copy.jpg
Browning Hi-Power 9 mm with Coffee Photos 2020IMG_7215 copy.jpg

That holster tho...........

Details, please.

OWB
Black leather with black sharkskin patch.
Rides fairly high-belt is mostly below trigger.

Ordered from the WC website. If memory serves me correctly it's labeled as a Lo-Profile.

Makers mark reveals it's made by Palmetto Leatherworks.

It is very comfortable behind hip. Due to higher ride it demands a stout gunbelt.

I've used it for cco, commander and EDC X9 with equal success.

No break-in required on this one....just took it out of the box that arrived from Wilson's Gun Shop.....threaded it on a belt and slipped a pistola in it. A few practice draws to get acclimated.

Reactions: MJF and 308pirate
Hot morning coffee with 1911 style companions.

Wilson Combats: Tactical Elite govt size / Professional Elite commander - heavy cone barrels
Professional commander size
Combat Carry 9 mm

Nighthawks: Talon govt size / Talon II commander size

Belgium Browning Hi-power 9 mm Philip Booth Minnow Model #25 1.5" wide blade Damascus / pearl push button automatic opener

View attachment 7496860View attachment 7496861View attachment 7496862

Sweet, sweet collection of excellent guns.

How do you like the cone barreled WC models ?

I've never shot one.

I do have a bull barreled .45 commander and bull barreled full rail 10mm that I can tell the forward weighted barrel is working FOR me to recover sight picture......plus both are really accurate. The accuracy surprised me somewhat....I'd assumed a bushing barrel would have the advantage (with a properly fit bushing). Very happy with both these guns.

The added cone weight plus the bull barrel must work even better.

Morning gentlemen !
Beautiful day on the Arkansas River. Going to help clean up a friends deer camp.
Figured I’d take my Ruger . 22 in case a rogue beer can suddenly appears !?
May need to wait ...the Jamaican coffee revs one up !
The knife is a Jimmy Lile Big # 7 with Burled maple handles.....circa 1972-73.

C5C43668-D533-4FA2-A411-E130E69BD5F7.jpeg

Morning coffee with a little cco that I've got out for some decision time.

Bought it several months ago and it's been a great shooting ---- easy carrying weapon. I wish I had the same ledge rear, fiber optic front on more of my guns. Prefer it over night sights.

Trigger on this one is very much to my liking.

I believe I'm going to order another Chen magwell like I'm using on my other cco.

Already have some square cut grips ready for it.

The factory cocobolo grips will go well on another gun.

Coffee from a throw away cup while in the shop some today. This little gun earns it keep around the house as well. It is a 22LR, Foster lower, WC internals, Caspian rail cut to fit and slapped on it, and a Kimber target upper with Trijicon sights. She’s ugly but runs like a champ.
9CEADA01-FF3E-4572-99DF-CD5CA7F4C528.jpeg

Morning gentlemen !
Beautiful day on the Arkansas River. Going to help clean up a friends deer camp.

View attachment 7497046
Hoping you know what trigger that is? My MKII Govt. Target has the same one. It’s amazingly smooth, light, and crisp, but I bought the gun used for a steal, the guy I bought it from didn’t know who did the work or what parts it had, and I hadn’t seen another like it until now. Love that wide shoe.

Reactions: Sandhog308
How do you like the cone barreled WC models ?

Apologies in advance.......no coffee cup photo center piece.

The cone barrel is the bomb; I am surprised more 1911 mfg. don't offer it. I especially like it in the Commander size.

I have countless 1911 grip paneal thin / thick aluminum / coco bolo / rose wood yadah yadah but I like the Wilson Combat Starburst grips the best and install them on almost every one to best control a .45 at combat speed.

All of my guns get used a lot at the range or carry, hardly any safe queens, but I like to maintain them meticulously so they don't look like pawn shop paper weights.

I have a bunch of the Wilson Combat holsters & mag pouches (shark skin and ostrich styles) but I consider them for black-tie outings; except for front pocket carry choices, my on-the-belt preference is to have at least a Level 1 Safariland ALS / GLS holster for carry use in general . Mostly, because I never want to enjoy the celebrity of this taxpayer-subsidized highly trained federal schmuck!

^^view it here:
https://www.npr.org/2018/06/13/6195...er-dance-move-resulted-in-accidental-shooting

IMG_5300 copy.jpgIMG_5306 copy.jpgIMG_5311 copy.jpgIMG_5329 copy.jpgIMG_5340 copy.jpgIMG_7048 copy 2.JPGIMG_7043 copy.JPG
Wilson Starburst PIstol Grip Recoil Vector copy.png

Last edited:
Morning gentlemen !

View attachment 7497046
I see you liked my prior post, and realized it sorta looks like I know what trigger that is and was being mysterious. I’m legitimately asking. Lol