• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Guns and coffee

Some OTG to start the day.

Attachments

• 21BAAC50-D0E0-48C0-8EC4-10BC96807491.jpeg
    21BAAC50-D0E0-48C0-8EC4-10BC96807491.jpeg
    556.2 KB · Views: 91
Morning coffee with attractive relatives.

First up 1966 S&W Model 27-2 .357 magnum, 3.5" barrel. The highly polished blue finish with pinned barrel and recessed chambers was highly desired but cost prohibitive to for agencies with large inventory needs to purchase, champagne taste on a beer budget. The barrels could be ordered in 1/4" increment choices.

Smith & Wesson answered the call with this 1969 S&W Model 28-2, .357 magnum 4" Highway Patrolman. Flat blue finish, much less factory finishing labor, able to meet agencies budget line.

Both new examples, case colored hammer & trigger, adjustable rear sights, diamond checkered walnut Magna grips with diamond relief
about the escutcheon and "S" prefix serial numbers indicating updated modern hammer block-rebound slide block linkage mechanism.

IMG_8811Smith & Wesson Model 27-2 3.5 Barrel copy.jpg
IMG_8800 copy.jpg

My current carrygun, an S&W M&O .40 fullsize (original version) with current carry ammo, what I consider (based on my own testing) to be the best PD ammo available, Barnes TAC-XP all-copper 140s, with a few Federal HST 180s along for the pic.. I considider the the Federal HST bullet to be the best popularly priced PD bullet available.

2021Apr16_1050138_M&P & coffee_1500w.jpg

The excellent Kirkland Pacific Bold coffee I get at Costco.

Last edited:
Reactions: DubfromGA and MJF
^^ IF they survive the ride, no one in the emergency room ever complained about the caliber they were shot with!

Out of the two the ankle gun often goes places i wouldnt take my regular carry... and the best gun to have is the one thats always on you.

I like using my ankel (LOL) holsters , it's just that i look goofy wearing two of them in the warm Florida seasons.

Thank you! I bought my 184 in late 1985 at a Scheel's on one of my many trips to look at guns. It's hard to tell from the photo above, but I used this extensively the first decade I owned it. I kept it in my hunting truck. The rear top sawtooth blades were very efficient at cutting through 1-2" saplings for hiding the front of a duck blind. The finish has proven to be very durable and cleans up nicely and the blade is still as sharp as the day I brought it home almost 26 years ago.

I'm not sure where you can find one other than searching the net. Here's an interesting history on the knife in case you are interested.

Having some issues this morning, folks.

Late night at work last night.....shitty drive home in torrential downpour.....get home and up late trying to get dogs to go outside...an ultimately piss & crap in the house....cleaned up.......crashed.

Up this morning and the outa coffee and didn't feel like grinding beans and all that. Spied this small sack from Geissele...can't remember if it came with the rifle or other trigger order.... and figured it would work out okay for 3/4 pot from the piece of crap Mr. Coffee that has become a finicky pile of hell with parts falling off after 4 months of use.

It turned out to are a most excellent 3/4 pot of java.

This current Mr Coffee is about to go in the garbage can. It was an emergency replacement for a Bona Vita unit that was supposedly the #1 unit according to all the coffee hippie hipster gurus. It did well.....until the heating element went limp.

This time....no more half measures....no more bullshyt. I'll once again see what the hipster hippie coffee-head gurus say but I'll likely go with the Numba One choice that I should have last time. Tired of fukking around. I've already spent the same money on these last two craptastic piles of hell.....same money or more than the good one would have been from the start.

Morning coffee is serious bidness.....tired of fukking around. All is well this morning, though......Geissele saved the day. (y)(y)(y)(y)

I had a friend recommend one of these years ago. Did some research and ended up buying one. I bought the thermal carafe model which keeps the coffee hot all day long without heating it after it's brewed. Available multiple places including Amazon.

That sucks brother.

So what machine are you going to buy?

I'm going balls deep this time.

Technivorm or bust, lol. o_O

I had a friend recommend one of these years ago. Did some research and ended up buying one. I bought the thermal carafe model which keeps the coffee hot all day long without heating it after it's brewed. Available multiple places including Amazon.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Spot on advice from your friend.

Thanks for the link. How have you liked the carafe vs the heated burner type ? Would you go the same direction again ?

A few years ago the Technivorm was the Numero Uno recommendation from those in the know.....but I went on the cheap with the Bona Vita.....was a good machine but did have a couple drawbacks that were aggravating.

At the time the carafe was the only option with either Technicvorm & Bona Vita.

Now....looks like the heated glass model is an option. Hmnnnn. Decisions.

Looks like it held up well the last three years.....as did she....

Last edited:
I and my wife love the carafe model. We can take it outside on the patio or to a desk in the home office. I was leaning towards the glass carafe with heated burner when I happened to stop in a Williams-Sonoma store while in the mall. The employee who helped me said to definitely go with the insulated carafe. The heated burner models keep heating the coffee and change the flavor. He then served me a cup from the insulated carafe that he had made a couple of hours earlier. I was sold.

FYI, our son and my brother both bought the same setup after tasting coffee made with the Technivorm.

Reactions: DubfromGA
I and my wife love the carafe model. We can take it outside on the patio or to a desk in the home office. I was leaning towards the glass carafe with heated burner when I happened to stop in a Williams-Sonoma store while in the mall. The employee who helped me said to definitely go with the insulated carafe. The heated burner models keep heating the coffee and change the flavor. He then served me a cup from the insulated carafe that he had made a couple of hours earlier. I was sold.

FYI, our son and my brother both bought the same setup after tasting coffee made with the Technivorm.

That carafe is sounding very intriguing.

It would solve another problem I have around the house........my college aged son & his girlfriend. They are selectively saving the planet. For instance....turning off coffee makers that are still keeping my pot warm.....turning off the fan I use for white noise at night, etc. The selective part is they tend to leave on a gazillion lights when they leave downstairs....odd. My college GPA would almost have to be doubled to equal each of theirs.....but they can' figure out how to turn off the correct stuff. :unsure:

My man-cave in the making will have a mini-fridge in it. The carafe model would be convenient.....just take it on with me to the MC.

Also simplifies the gear....less burners to run....less stuff to wear & tear.

Sold.

Thank you.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Just gotta share this picture cause I laughed my ass off when I saw it. Guy at the shop decided to build it out of extra pallets. This fork truck spins out when the shop floor has water on it, shoulda been his first clue but......

That carafe is sounding very intriguing.

It would solve another problem I have around the house........my college aged son & his girlfriend. They are selectively saving the planet. For instance....turning off coffee makers that are still keeping my pot warm.....turning off the fan I use for white noise at night, etc. The selective part is they tend to leave on a gazillion lights when they leave downstairs....odd. My college GPA would almost have to be doubled to equal each of theirs.....but they can' figure out how to turn off the correct stuff. :unsure:

My man-cave in the making will have a mini-fridge in it. The carafe model would be convenient.....just take it on with me to the MC.

Also simplifies the gear....less burners to run....less stuff to wear & tear.

Sold.

Thank you.

You are very welcome! Enjoy.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Watching the fog burn off in the valley with turkeys to the left. Beautiful weather this weekend. Mid 70s and over night lows of 48-52. Black French vanilla and bacon breakfast burritos.

6435496C-C217-4A08-8892-6408BA116D85.jpeg
8430F360-B402-4937-A28A-99D4D4BA5467.jpeg

Reactions: MJF and azbiker
Enjoying my second cup of Community Dark Roast coffee, with my Springfield XDS (45 ACP) peacefully resting nearby. Presently watching the news, awaiting a very agitated skunk in my trap (Have A Heart)at my pear trees to calm down. At his demise, this will bring my total over the last 3 weeks to 5 coons and 2 skunks. As a side-note.....I much prefer catching the coons! 😜 memtb

Stinky business!

Enjoying my second cup of Community Dark Roast coffee, with my Springfield XDS (45 ACP) peacefully resting nearby. Presently watching the news, awaiting a very agitated skunk in my trap (Have A Heart)at my pear trees to calm down. At his demise, this will bring my total over the last 3 weeks to 5 coons and 2 skunks. As a side-note.....I much prefer catching the coons! 😜 memtb

Reactions: memtb
As already noted, perfect breakfast!
Nice looking 1911 as well. Care to share any details?
It started out as one of the first Kimbers on the market. After a few years I had the bug to replace my Delta Gold Cup, but Colt had stopped making them by then. The Kimber went to my gunsmith and now has a Les Baer slide, Storm Lake ramped 10mm barrel. All the MIM parts were replaced along with a S&A mag well. The night sights are dead so I just put on a fibre optic front sight that works well with the now black rear sight. This is a fantastic gun! I just recently had it refinished in satin black Cerakote.