• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

gunshop screwing people

1shot2kill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
north dakota
so i went to a local shop today and was picking up a tikka t3 tactical it was the showroom modeli asked if the price could be brought down a little since every tom,dick and harry has manhandled it and is has signs of being handled to me new and shiny = paying full price. a 6 year olds snot on the cheekpiece = discount the manager said he would check but it shouldnt be an issue 10 miniutes later he tells me that the prices of these rifles has jumped considerably and if i wasnt going to buy it for the price as marked he was going to mark it up to the full current going price even though the store purchased it in bulk 2 years ago for a much lesser price.
what pisses me off is this they are making a profit on guns and then when prices go up they jack up the price on shit they already paid the lesser price for.
either way i wont be doing buisness there anymore and i sudgest nobody else should shop at this store either

Re: gunshop screwing people

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">when prices go up they jack up the price on shit they already paid the lesser price for.</span></div></div>

It's called GOOD business sense..................replacement cost, is going to be much higher.( He's an ASS only if he plans on not re-ordering any).

Sad but true. I would try and find one on the internet at the usual sites and then find a different FFL to do the transfer. I am all for supporting the local gunstores, but not when they start doing price gouching.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DO keep in mind when the reorder one, what they will need to pay to get it.. not to mention they are unavailable from the supplier. </div></div>

But when they go and sell that "newly ordered gun" they still have to mark it up. Believe me, I am all for profit when it comes to doing business, but NOT gouching. When this predicament is over (if it will), consumers will remember who screws them over. You must make a profit, but greed it another story, IMHO.

Capitalism is when you make money buying low and selling high. Price gouging is when the other guy makes money buying low and selling high.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DO keep in mind when the reorder one, what they will need to pay to get it.. not to mention they are unavailable from the supplier. </div></div>

But when they go and sell that "newly ordered gun" they still have to mark it up. Believe me, I am all for profit when it comes to doing business, but NOT gouching. When this predicament is over (if it will), consumers will remember who screws them over. You must make a profit, but greed it another story, IMHO. </div></div>

What do you think the gas station does when the price goes up? They raise it immediatly and when it goes down they take awhile to sell off what they had till the new shippment at the new price comes in. Guns are a commodity I have yet to meet a gunstore owner who lives the high life of the rich and famous from the trade.

Gimme a break. You asked for a discount on a new rifle and he wasn't willing to give it. Get over it.

Good deals on guns are a thing of the past (at least fewer and further between). Wipe the snot off and go to the range.

RAD

gun shops for the most part don't get to make shit off the guns they sell any more any ways. most of the producers only give them a 10% discount. 10% that not shit.....

if the guy wants to charge more for a rifle then he has the right to.....it's the bases for the free market.

if you wanted a lower price then you should have bought it two years ago.

don't get mad at a guy just trying to make a living...right now is a rare time when guns sales are on fire.
it won't last long..then everything will be back to normal in the next few months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Capitalism is when you make money buying low and selling high. Price gouging is when the other guy makes money buying low and selling high. </div></div>

+1, funny how the perception changes when the shoe is on the other foot.

Every time I'm asked to revue a quote and resubmit, wether it's a rifle or commercial machining I always tell the P agent (or customer) it's going to be 20% higher. Do you really want me to do that?

Suck it up.

Alan

You might also try going back and talking to a different sales person. Many times "going and talking to a manager or a his boss" is just a sales tactic to go in the back room for a couple minutes come back out and then tell you they can't do anything and it's the managers fault, then they use the usual pressure sales tactics to try and push the sale at the full price. Such as the BS he fed you about if you don't buy it right now they are going to mark it up even more. This tactic defers any upset customers anger to the manager they never see, not the sales person telling them it's not their call and can't deal.

If that doesn't work find an FFL, and find one online. I've yet to come across a price in a large gun shop on a new gun that I could not beat online even after shipping and FFL fees. Then if you get the opportunity make sure to let the shop know you bought elsewhere because they wouldn't deal.

Bottom line, I wouldn't say the shop is screwing you, they can decide not to deal if they want, they can even jack up the price if they want, BUT then it's their fault when you go somewhere else to buy it too. I don't really think it's price gouging, it's a free market they can ask what they want, but on the same hand you owe them nothing, and if you can get a better deal online or somewhere else too bad for them. What I love are the businesses that bitch the most about the internet or people that don't buy local are always the shops with the worst customer service and the highest prices, tough shit for them.

The free market goes BOTH ways, shops can ask what they want, but when you take your business elsewhere they can't bitch. Spend your money where you get the most for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Guns are a commodity I have yet to meet a gunstore owner who lives the high life of the rich and famous from the trade. </div></div>

I guess you don't know the owners that I know.

There are two types of gun shops. Those that are in it for the shooter, and those that are in it for the business. I've known both. The latter of the two will still be around years from now. The "deals" are to be had at the former, but get them while you can because it is unsustainable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Guns are a commodity I have yet to meet a gunstore owner who lives the high life of the rich and famous from the trade. </div></div>

There are two types of gun shops. Those that are in it for the shooter, and those that are in it for the business. I've known both. The latter of the two will still be around years from now. The "deals" are to be had at the former, but get them while you can because it is unsustainable. </div></div>

This is the most foolish crock of shit I've ever heard. Gun shops are not in the charity business. Any shop that refuses to compete should and will be out of business in short order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bottom line, I wouldn't say the shop is screwing you, they can decide not to deal if they want, they can even jack up the price if they want, BUT then it's their fault when you go somewhere else to buy it too. </div></div>

Wrong. Once you accept their offer to sell it to you at a certain price, they have a contractual obligation to complete the sale. The cannot "jack up the price."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Capitalism is when you make money buying low and selling high. Price gouging is when the other guy makes money buying low and selling high.

</div></div>

Some people would prefer shortages to increases in price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">when prices go up they jack up the price on shit they already paid the lesser price for.</span></div></div>

It's called GOOD business sense..................replacement cost, is going to be much higher.( He's an ASS only if he plans on not re-ordering any). </div></div>

Exactly. Anyone who doesn't understand this needs to google "market price." The price that the market will bear has nothing to do with what the dealer paid for the product.

If the price of gas falls rapidly, the gas station is selling gas in the ground (that they paid a higher price for) at a loss. In a competitive business, that's how it works. The price is set by the people's willingness and ability to pay, not what they paid for it.

look im not saying that the gun shop employees are comunists for doing what they did i too am all about the all mighty dollar however i asked for a discount 1.it has been on the shelf at least 9 months 2.it has handling marks in the stock as if it were a mildly maintained used bench gun 3. the employee not the manager showed me what they paid for the rifle it was 775.00 so they were selling it for 889.00 that 114.00 in profit thats ok i can live with that however the price that he is going to sell all future t3 tacticals is pretty close to 1400.00 that profit just went from 114 to 625 that to me is not getting screwed but getting fucked.
like i said i too am all about the dollar and part of that means who wants to be on the recieving end of my dollars i can honestly say that this shop will never get another cent from me or anyone i know i am more than happy to take my buisness elsewhere and badmouth them in the meantime...kinda like now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Guns are a commodity I have yet to meet a gunstore owner who lives the high life of the rich and famous from the trade. </div></div>

There are two types of gun shops. Those that are in it for the shooter, and those that are in it for the business. I've known both. The latter of the two will still be around years from now. The "deals" are to be had at the former, but get them while you can because it is unsustainable. </div></div>

This is the most foolish crock of shit I've ever heard. Gun shops are not in the charity business. Any shop that refuses to compete should and will be out of business in short order.

</div></div>

Foolish? Yes. Crock of shit? No.

I have known "charity" gun shops that sold for little or no amount over cost just to sell guns. They exist only on the principle of getting guns into the hands of those who want them. If you had read my post thoroughly, you would have understood that those are the types of businesses which don't last long.

I also know shops who aren't in competition with anybody...some going on 20 years. They charge what they want and consumers pay it because of convenience, service, and products that cannot be had elsewhere. The owners do extremely well for themselves.

1."it has been on the shelf at least 9 months"...
2."they paid for the rifle it was 775.00 so they were selling it for 889.00
3." he is going to sell all future t3 tacticals is pretty close to 1400.00 that profit just went from 114 to 625"

ok, first of all, i think your situation sucks and Im pissed that I cant walk into cabelas, without hitting a bunch of slack jawed 19yo handling every gun in the cabinet, because they fear they'll never get to own if they wait. However, keep in mind that hes selling a gun for 114 profit now, but if he sells at 1400 for the next rifle, what did he have to pay to get it, I'll bet AND IM NOT A DEALER AND DONT KNOW THE PRICE RIGHT NOW, but i'd bet he'll have to pay more than 889.00 to replace that rifle- to put a new one in its place. right?, new models bring higher tags and the supply isnt getting bigger but demand went up.
I wish this problem would go away too, but its here and were all taking a big bite.

In Todd's defense I think when he said the dealer could jack up the price he meant before the rifle hit the shelf with a tag on it, not after you had agreed to buy it. Or I'm way off in which case... I've been drinking ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3. the employee not the manager showed me what they paid for the rifle it was 775.00 so they were selling it for 889.00 that 114.00 in profit thats ok i can live with that however the price that he is going to sell all future t3 tacticals is pretty close to 1400.00 that profit just went from 114 to 625 that to me is not getting screwed but getting fucked.
</div></div>

You do realize that the wholesale prices have gone up as well. Don't think they are just going to sell the new ones for that price and reap an extra 500 bucks.

Some places are willing to deal if you can point to a reason, others won't under any circumstances. You just found one of the latter.

Customer; "Handlyling marks"= not new, at least as far as I am concerned.

Manager: Takes 2 years to sell it? I wouldn't order another for stock, only if a customer asked me to order it and then cash up front.

Look, the gun shop does not owe you anything, you are not entitled to anything, and the owner of the gun shop is free to price his products as he sees fit and either prosper or suffer the consequences of how it affects his sales. And on the same note you are free to purchase where ever you like, you don't owe him any of your business. That is how capitalism and the free market system works here in the U.S. (well, for now anyway
grin.gif
).

Seems to me there are a number of people who don't think gunshop owners need to make a living. Of that $114 profit he his making you can figure somewhere in the neighborhood of $35 is spent on shipping to get the gun to his shop so he is making about $80 on it just over 10% profit. That won't even keep the lights on. I know in my shop gun sales don't count for much as the mark up is in the same neighborhood. That is only because I don't keep factory guns stocked in the shop so I don't have them as an expense unless it is known to be sold. Ammunition is typically about 30% markup, and that is only because if the shipment is largenough the distributor delivers it with no shipping charge otherwise it would be up another 5-7%. The main source of income to the shop is in gunsmithing labor, and a fiar bit of the time the rates for that are reduced on some stuff just because the gun could typicaly be replaced for less than the cost of the labor charges alone. The more work one is having done at a time the better the labor rate will be for the customer. By comparison most other retail sales businesses will have a makrup between 100% and 200% accross the board.

Like was mentioned before I don't know of many smiths or gunshop owners that are living high on the hog solely off of what they make in the shop.

In this particular case if you want a T3 tactical even if it shows some use, lets face it you aren't going to find a better deal than $890 anywhere. I'm sure prices and of course demand have gone up.

Look at gunbroker, gunsamerica, browse the internet, the best price I could find on a new one in .223 was about $1000 on gunbroker, after that it goes up to $1350 or higher anywhere. After shipping and FFL that's at least $1050. Your shop is correct in say that the current going price is $1400+ it is, the vast majority of those I found for sale currently were $1400-1500. Current MSRP is $1498.

While I can understand being annoyed they won't deal considering their gun is already priced almost $150 under the best price your likely to find ONE .223 for new and $500 under the going price currently, along with being $600 under MSRP, if you want it I'd buy it with a smile in this rare case. So while you don't owe the your business, and they don't owe you to deal with you, this is probably the best price your going to find hand down on one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so i went to a local shop today and was picking up a tikka t3 tactical it was the showroom modeli asked if the price could be brought down a little since every tom,dick and harry has manhandled it and is has signs of being handled to me new and shiny = paying full price. a 6 year olds snot on the cheekpiece = discount the manager said he would check but it shouldnt be an issue 10 miniutes later he tells me that the prices of these rifles has jumped considerably and <span style="font-weight: bold">if i wasnt going to buy it for the price as marked he was going to mark it up </span>to the full current going price even though the store purchased it in bulk 2 years ago for a much lesser price.
what pisses me off is this they are making a profit on guns and then when prices go up they jack up the price on shit they already paid the lesser price for.
either way i wont be doing buisness there anymore and i sudgest nobody else should shop at this store either </div></div>

I don't see what your bitching about. He said he would sell it to you for the original price marked. Is this price not fair to you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">look im not saying that the gun shop employees are comunists for doing what they did i too am all about the all mighty dollar however i asked for a discount 1.it has been on the shelf at least 9 months 2.it has handling marks in the stock as if it were a mildly maintained used bench gun 3. the employee not the manager showed me what they paid for the rifle it was 775.00 so they were selling it for 889.00 that<span style="text-decoration: underline"> 114.00 in profit thats ok i can live with that </span>however the price that he is going to sell all future t3 tacticals is pretty close to 1400.00 that profit just went from 114 to 625 that to me is not getting screwed but getting fucked.
like i said i too am all about the dollar and part of that means who wants to be on the recieving end of my dollars i can honestly say that this shop will never get another cent from me or anyone i know i am more than happy to take my buisness elsewhere and badmouth them in the meantime...kinda like now </div></div>

Obviosly this is not true or you would have bought it. You probably never intended to by it at all unless he was willing to take a loss.

I wouldn't let you buy that rifle at this point if it were my shop
wink.gif
People love to get mad when they can't have everything their way. This sense of entitlement is what is jacking everything up.

Good luck in your hunt for a better price, but you should have just bought that one and taken a rag to the crusties prior to sighting it in.

Got a great idea. How about we all join the People's State, where we all decide who makes what profit. That way, everything will be fair to everyone. Yeah, sounds like a great idea.

Hey Big O, I've got a good idea. How about we tell the public how crappy those "profiteering" businessmen are, then we'll force those nasty people to sell us all their companies. Then, the state can run it, and we'll all be so much happier!........Oh, what's that? You've already started??? Hmmmm.

My full blown custom barreled action costs less than $1450, I would be looking at another road to the same building, if you catch my drift.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Guns are a commodity I have yet to meet a gunstore owner who lives the high life of the rich and famous from the trade. </div></div>

</div></div>

Foolish? Yes. Crock of shit? No.

I have known "charity" gun shops that sold for little or no amount over cost just to sell guns. They exist only on the principle of getting guns into the hands of those who want them. If you had read my post thoroughly, you would have understood that those are the types of businesses which don't last long.

I also know shops who aren't in competition with anybody...some going on 20 years. They charge what they want and consumers pay it because of convenience, service, and products that cannot be had elsewhere. The owners do extremely well for themselves. </div></div>

If you think refusing to compete is a recipe to stay in business, you simply do not understand the power of the market to improve social welfare.

Guns are low profit things in a gun shop. That doesn't mean they're going to give them away.

I am fortunate to have a long term professional relationship with the owner of a gun shop. His prices are a bit on the high side yet he seems to be fair enough to sell a lot of weapons. He will generally give me a very fair discount even on AR's that are currently in high demand. He could definitely not do this and have no problem selling the rifle at his advertised price.

I buy a few other things at his store for the regular price. In some cases I could probably save a few bucks by looking elsewhere and he knows it. I don't complain or try to have him give me a discount on everything I buy there and I'm grateful that I have fostered this relationship over the years.

I've worked part-time at a gun shop for the last five years. The idea of it all is to have on hand what the customer wants. What the customer wants is a satisfying experience, and, to some extent, a distraction. My job is to simply fire the customer's imagination with what we have in store which will get the job done. My success is all about mirroring, magnifing and bringing to clarity the customer's image of his adventure yet to come, using a product available from my store.

Fair price is whatever the last guy paid for it and whatever the market will bear...but in general gouging customers gets out and business falls..best price therefore is one where when everyone leaves the table, no one is dissatisfied or feels screwed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Downzero said it, there is a small profit margin on firearms in general. Most would be surprised. </div></div>
I just recently started working part-time at a local gun store and I see our price, our mark up and what we sell guns for and for the most part the prices are all pretty good. and we make a decent profit on it. and then I see another infamous gun store in towns prices are 40% higher than ours. there is no way their distributer cost are that much more than ours. I mean $2200 for a bushmaster ORC? come on $2650 for a HK SOCOM is ridiculous and my favorite, $45 for 500rnds remington 22lr bulk ammo! yeah there is plenty of people in the gun industry price gouging and it's sad to take advantage of people just because you can.

YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM

HEY..MARK THAT SUCKER UP..AND WATCH ME WALK OUT THE DOOR, TAKE MY MONEY WIHT ME..AND HEAD FOR AN ONLINE DEALER... YOU GOT 30 SECONDS TO
DISCOUNT IT 5 TO 8% OR I SPEND MY MONEY SOME WHERE ELSE PERMANTLY AND
I WILL NEVER COME BACK HERE, AND OH BY THE WAY.. ILL BE TALKING TO THE REAL OWNER AND LETTING HIM KNOW I WONT BE SHOPPING FOR ANYTHING HERE ANY
MORE...AND ILL MAKE SURE ALL MY HUNTING AND SHOOTIN BUDDIES DONT SHOP HERE ANY MORE EITHER... NOW..YOU GOT 10 SECONDS LEFT TO DISCOUNT THAT
GUN....

Re: DTASK COMMENT

DTASK..

PEOPLE WANT IT THEIR WAY BECUASE ITS THEIR DAM HARD HARD EARNED MONEY..AND THEY KNOW THAT YOU DEALERS ARE TRYING TO RETIRE OFF EVERY
GUN YOU SELL NOWDAYS...

YOU EVER GO TO A GUN SHOW DUDE...THE PURPOSE OF A GUN SHOW "WAS" FOR PEOPLE TO BUY THINGS AND GET A DEAL ON THEM INSTEAD OF GETTING THEIR WALLET RAPED AT SOME LOCAL DEALER WHO HAS HIS HEAD UP HIS BUTT...
BUT NOW ITS MOSTLY DEALERS RUNNING THE TABLES AT SHOWS..TRYING TO JACK
UP THE PRICES EVEN MORE REDICLOUSLY THAN WHAT THEY HAVE IN THEIR STORES...

WHEN I TAKE MY BETTER RIFLE OR PISTOL TO A SHOW TO SHOW AND TELL WITH
SOME OTHER GUYS..AND HAVE FUN DOING IT.. THE MORONS BEHIND THEIR DEALER TABLES WILL ACTUALLY YELL AT YOU (EMBARASSINGLY) FROM 3 OR 4 TABLES AWAY.. "HEY..YOU WANNA SELL THAT GUN!) LIKE IM SOME KIND OF IDIOT THAT WOULD LET THEM TELL ME ITS NOT WORTH CHIT AND THEY WILL GIVE ME
PRACTICALLY NOTHING FOR IT...BUT THE MOMENT THEY GET THEIR HANDS ON IT
ITS NOW WORTH 300 TIMES MORE... DEALERS ARE WORTHLESS CHITBAGS..
WHEN THEY YELL AT ME...I WALK RIGHT OVER TO THEM AND YELL RIGHT BACK
IN THEIR DUMBASS FACE.. " WHT THE F..K DO YOU WANT ?? JUST AS LOUD AS I CAN... THEY THEN USUALLY AND MEEKLY SAY...IS THAT GUN FOR SALE..

AND I REPLY..TRUST ME , YOU CANT AFFORD IT...AND WALK OFF...

MOST OF THEM HAVE LEARNED TO LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE OVER THE YEARS..
BUT THEIRS ALWAYS A NEW ONE OR TWO THAT HAVE TO BE RETRAINED LIKE SOME DUMBASS STREET MUTT...

AS YOU CAN TELL.. I DONT LIKE GUNSHOW DEALERS VERY MUCH..FOR THE MOST PART THEY ARE IGNORANT DUMBASS SCUM...

THEIRS 2 WAYS TO MAKE A PROFIT IN ANY BUSINESS GUY..
YOU WORK A LITTLE HARDER AND SELL MORE QUANITY AT A LOWER PRICE..WHICH
MAKES YOUR CUSTOMERS VERY HAPPY AND THEY "RETURN" ..AND EVEN BRING YOU MORE BUSINESS BECUASE THEY TELL THEIR FRIENDS..HEY THIS GUY TREATS US RIGHT...

THE SECOND WAY IS YOU JACK UP YOUR PRICES TO REDICLOUS LEVELS AND TELL SOME POOR SCHUMCK THAT HE CAN TAKE IT OR LUMP IT...CAUSE YOUR THINKIN U GONNA RETIRE OFF THAT ONE SALE...

WHEN YOUR IN THE GUN SELLING BUSINESS... YOUR REALLY IN THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS BUSINESS... PERIOD.... TREAT THEM THE OTHER WAY AND THEY WILL TELL YOU TO STICK IT..AND HOPE IT TASTES GOOD WHEN YOU TRY TO EAT IT FOR DINNER AFTER YOU CANT SELL IT...

YOU NEED TO LEARN...ITS NOT YOUR STORE.. CAUSE IF IT WAS...THEN YOU WOULD BE THE ONLY CUSTOMER...

YOUR THERE FOR EVERYONE ELSE BUT YOU...REALISZE THAT..AND YOU WILL SUCCEED BEYOND YOUR WILDEST DREAMS... FAIL TO AND YOUR GONNA EAT OVERPRICED GUNS FOR DINNER EVERY DAY...

SO IT REALLY COMES DOWN TO..WETHER YOUR JUST LAZY... OR WILLING TO
WORK A BIT HARDER...ONE WAY OR THE OTHER....

BUT DONT TRY TO BULLCHIT US...WE HAVE DEALT WITH TOO MANY GUNSHOPS AND TOO MANY BONEHEAD DEALERS FOR TOO LONG...

WE KNOW BETTER....PERIOD

SO IVE SAID MY 2 CENTS WORTH.. AND I DONT REALLY CARE IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT...SO DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ANY KIND OF RESPONSE..

THEIRS NOTHIGN YOU CAN DO TO DEFEND A WRONG POSITION..AND YOUVE GOT ONE..PERIOD...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogtownboogeyman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM...</div></div>Showing works better than telling.

I have to say, there are some shops that seem to have the attitude that you should pay for the privelage of buying from them. Some of their employees share this attitude. Some of them have been around for a very long time, others are short lived.

As some have stated, there is very little margin in new guns when you compare MSRP to what the shops actually pay from the distributors. Also, you have to consider that the shop will be charged a fee if you use a debit or credit card, decreasing the margin even more.

Best way to get a deal - pay with cash, buy used, and shop around.

Sometimes you just have to realize you have to pay to play the game.

you probaly would..BUT THEN YOU MISSED THE ENTIRE POINT MR LIGHTBULB..

THE DEALER WOULDNT BE GETTING CRAP LIKE THAT UNLESS HE HAD DISHED IT OUT TO BEGIN WIHT..EH...

Just an FYI for a newb. Forum rules of conduct #7

7. No all-caps array(FOR EXAMPLE, LIKE THIS) please. It is extremely hard to read. Posts submitted in all-caps will be deleted automatically.

Also, you may want to reconsider calling people out with only 5 posts or your time around here could very well be short lived. (It's happened before)

BSP212..you are so right... here in my city..which is the largest city in the state, and we have 7 major military bases here as well... 350,000 people in the city easily...we had 5 gunstores in the city...including sportsmans warehouse, we are down to 3 now.. GUESS WHOS GOIN OUT OF BUSINESS.. THE JERKS!

in another month we will be down to 2 ...the best small shop owner died, the brother is selling it off, and instead of raising prices in this economy TO MAKE A PROFIT ON HIS STOCK THAT WAS BOUGHT AT MUCH OLDER AND LESSER PRICES.. HES DISCOUNTED THE ENTIRE STORE 35% ON EVERYTHING... and theirs still alot of stuff left... MY POINT HERE IS... i ASKED WHY THE DISCOUNTED PRICES.. WHEN EVERYONE WAS RAISING PRICES.. THEY SAID " WE ARE NOT AZZHOLES WHO TRY TO RETIRE OFF OF HARD WORKING PEOPLE...WE DONT PLAY THAT GAME.. PRICES ARE WHAT THEY ARE AND WONT GO UP.. BUT WHEN ITS ALL GONE.. SO ARE WE... OFF TO RETIREMENT THAT IS..lol SO THERE ARE GOOD DECENT SHOP OWNERS WHO DO TREAT US RIGHT... AND THEIR ARE THOSE THAT WILL BE THE FIRST TO SINK WHEN THE ECONOMIC SHIP TAKES A FEW TORPEDOS...

BSP212.. first of all.. NO ONE IS CALLING ANYONE OUT..
STATING CLEAR AND IRREFUTABLE FACTS ON A TOPIC IS NOT..CALLING SOMEONE OUT...

CORRECTING THEIR DISJOINTED AND WRONG POINT OF VIEW MABY... IF YOU THINK THAT WHAT I SAID WAS WRONG IN ANY AREA..PLEASE POST YOUR REBUTTAL... ID BE HAPPY TO HEAR YOU PROVE JUST ONE THING THAT I SAID WAS FALSE, UNTRUE, OR UNFACTUAL...

IM WAITING.... AND OH.. ITS NICE TO MEET YOU TOO...AND CURIOUSLY..YOUR POST FOLLOWING MINE..SEEMD TO AGREE WITH WHAT I SAID...

SO YOU WOULD BE GUILTY OF SAME SAID ACCUSATION EH ?

SECOND.. I have a habit of using caps when MAKING A POINT.. not..
YELLING...

so we wont have any wrongfull accusations on that part either..

ill just use little letters..and say things in a bit bigger way..
not a problem at all

and .. YOU WILL NOTICE THAT I DID NOT RESPOND TO ANYTHING SAID UNTILL IT HAD ALREADY BEEN SAID BY SOMEONE ELSE.. THERE IS NO LAW THAT SAYS I CANT DISAGREE WITH SOMETHING SOMEONE SAYS...
WETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT... THATS WHAT "FREE SPEACH" IS ALL
ABOUT GUY...
made my point... and i seriously doubt you will get anyone BUT A DEALER to disagree with it...

as for being new... SO WHAT.. i have the same right to free speach as anyone here.. I DONT HAVE TO EARN IT.. ITS A RIGHT..this is AMERICA.. unless of course..

YOUR IN SOME 3RD WORLD COUNTRY WHERE THEY DONT UNDERSTAND THAT SORT OF THING...EH....

so...thats it..my 2 cents worth.. if you dont like it..thats just too dam bad... but i would stand up and defend your right to say the same thing if i didnt like it... you have a nice day

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogtownboogeyman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BSP212.. first of all.. NO ONE IS CALLING ANYONE OUT..
STATING CLEAR AND IRREFUTABLE FACTS ON A TOPIC IS NOT..CALLING SOMEONE OUT...

CORRECTING THEIR DISJOINTED AND WRONG POINT OF VIEW MABY... IF YOU THINK THAT WHAT I SAID WAS WRONG IN ANY AREA..PLEASE POST YOUR REBUTTAL... ID BE HAPPY TO HEAR YOU PROVE JUST ONE THING THAT I SAID WAS FALSE, UNTRUE, OR UNFACTUAL...

IM WAITING.... AND OH.. ITS NICE TO MEET YOU TOO...AND CURIOUSLY..YOUR POST FOLLOWING MINE..SEEMD TO AGREE WITH WHAT I SAID...

SO YOU WOULD BE GUILTY OF SAME SAID ACCUSATION EH ?

SECOND.. I have a habit of using caps when MAKING A POINT.. not..
YELLING...

so we wont have any wrongfull accusations on that part either..

ill just use little letters..and say things in a bit bigger way..
not a problem at all

and .. YOU WILL NOTICE THAT I DID NOT RESPOND TO ANYTHING SAID UNTILL IT HAD ALREADY BEEN SAID BY SOMEONE ELSE.. THERE IS NO LAW THAT SAYS I CANT DISAGREE WITH SOMETHING SOMEONE SAYS...
WETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT... THATS WHAT "FREE SPEACH" IS ALL
ABOUT GUY...
made my point... and i seriously doubt you will get anyone BUT A DEALER to disagree with it...

as for being new... SO WHAT.. i have the same right to free speach as anyone here.. I DONT HAVE TO EARN IT.. ITS A RIGHT..this is AMERICA.. unless of course..

YOUR IN SOME 3RD WORLD COUNTRY WHERE THEY DONT UNDERSTAND THAT SORT OF THING...EH....

so...thats it..my 2 cents worth.. if you dont like it..thats just too dam bad... but i would stand up and defend your right to say the same thing if i didnt like it... you have a nice day </div></div>

I'm not a dealer and I couldn't disagree more with everything that you have written and the way you write it than I do. You say you write in caps when you're making a point and I imagine it's because you must be used to having to yell over people to get a word in edgewise. What does that tell you about yourself?

As far as the pricing, It's capitalism - you know what the alternative is? You want the alternative? The same freedom you hide behind to be able to act however you want and say whatever you want is also part of the freedom granted shop owners to price things however they want with blatant disregard to your sensitive feelings and and ill conceived beliefs about commerce.

What makes you think that you can go into someone else's shop and tell them how to run their business and what their prices should be? That deficiency must come from the same part of your brain that makes you think that you can come in here and act however you want to whomever you want.

It is obvious that you do a lot of shopping in gun shows, pawn shops and going out of business sales because in most dedicated shops, you aren't going to get to act out all the experiences that you yell about in all caps. If you don't like a price, don't pay it and leave it at that. Guys like you that try to tell everyone how it is and how it should be are the guys that everyone laughs at and shit talks when they finally leave. You don't get it and likely never will - jackasses never do.

Maybe your keyboard is broken from all of the crying that you do over how dealers choose to price their items and that explains your caps lock issue. You have the right to feel how ever you want and think and say whatever you want - but you are in a forum moderated by rules you are breaking by typing like an asshole.

Flame away

Dogtown lose the CAPS.

It sounds to me like the guy was offered a $1400 gun for $890 and got bitchy because the owner wouldn't give him a "you are special" discount.

If there are other places you can go to buy a T3 for less than $890 then, sure, ask for a discount. But don't go bitching and complaining when the store has it already listed well below current market value, still offers to sell it for that price when they realize how under-priced it is, and then won't discount it further.

Guns are put on display. It's part of how gunshops work. Generally if you see one in the case then that's the one you will buy. If there's not something obviously busted on it then complaining that its the "display model" is just making yourself a pain in the ass customer.

**Note - not a dealer, or even particularly a fan of gun shops **