• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gunsmith recommendation near Chattanooga TN

Cobrajoe99

Chief
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2011
NC
Hello all.

I'm looking for a good Gunsmith within a couple hours of me. I would rather drive to drop off/pick up than ship it.

I live in North Carolina where TN, GA, and NC all come together. Chattanooga is the closest big city to me, however Knoxville and Atlanta are not much further.

I want to have some accuracy work done on my Remington 700. Can anyone recommend a good smith near me?

Thanks

Re: Gunsmith recommendation near Chattanooga TN

Predator Custom in Knoxville, Tn
Jim Ruiz is the owner
865-521-0625

I can't send anyone to Predator after a business experience that my friend had with them. I have searched high and low around Chattanooga, and the best there was has retired. I am sending mine off to RWS.

Look for a local club that holds benchrest matches, they normally have folks that do high quality barrel work on small scale. But they are not the folks who will do everything as its a specialized arena they play in.

What do you want to have done?

I don't know of any local clubs. I'll ask around though.

Mainly what I am wanting is to true up the action, have the stock trigger replaced, and an oversized bolt knob installed.

Accurate Ordnance is just north of Atlanta in Winder. They do great work.

Thank You guys for the recommendations. I've sent out a few messages. Not sure who i'm gonna go with yet. But you've given me some good leads.

Bringing this one up from the dead, but Accurate Ordnance is closed as of Jan 2020.

Gray Sloan up at Swift Creek Rifles wouldn't be too far away

Hello all.

I'm looking for a good Gunsmith within a couple hours of me. I would rather drive to drop off/pick up than ship it.

I live in North Carolina where TN, GA, and NC all come together. Chattanooga is the closest big city to me, however Knoxville and Atlanta are not much further.

I want to have some accuracy work done on my Remington 700. Can anyone recommend a good smith near me?

Thanks
Talk to Greg at Southern precision rifle’s a.k.a. bug holes.com