• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Guy Smoking a Cigarette & Heating NOS Tanks w Fire

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
What a great video;

A guy is smoking a cigarette as he heats his two large NOS tanks inside his Honda Civic with a propane torch next to commercial kerosene tanks at a gas station in preparation of illegally racing an ATV on a public street. The comedy ensues and he never thought to have a fire extinguisher.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yNDFkK8zp0c"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yNDFkK8zp0c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Guy Smoking a Cigarette & Heating NOS Tanks w Fire

Ricer forgets to tighten lugnuts before a run. Hilarious:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y34bvHR4L3U&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y34bvHR4L3U&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Explain this to your insurance company: "Airbags" LOL.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8gaQqcmPKrE&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8gaQqcmPKrE&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Looks like somebody needed a bit of extrication from that jeep! wow...

HAHA, keep them coming...

I almost fell out of my chair when the civic blew up, that was some funny shit

The civic blowing up is what you call a nitrous backfire.

For reference, heating the bottle is useful to get the pressure to 850-950 PSI, but a thermistor controlled bottle heating blanket is recommended over a propane torch.

this is what we call in the Insurance Industry, as "underwriting issue"

I really feel good that they are the future of our country...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is what we call in the Insurance Industry, as "underwriting issue"</div></div>

or just plain "scratching that one off the list" issue. In this case, is the 'underwriting' when you write under the claim application: "Absolutely NOT, and stupidity should be Painful"?

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HitEmHard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like somebody needed a bit of extrication from that jeep! wow...</div></div> That was no JEEP, although it has been known to happen to them too.

I still get a kick out of people who do all kinds of crap to get a small engine to go fast. In "The Fast and the Furious" that rice rocket taking on a blown Charger is bullshit.
I might be old, but my dad used to drag race and we have several friends who built dragsters after they stopped racing.
There is a basic rule- you can't beat cubes!
No matter what you do to a small motor it can't stay with a big motor in a straight drag race.
Go ahead and put NOS in it. I can go through the Summit Racing catalog and order a crate engine, normally aspirated, making 750hp- 900hp. They don't use 4cyl or 6cyl either. Big V-8s baby.
Now in a course that needs agility and handling the big car loses, but not in a straight line.
I have been there when a supercharged nito-methane breathing rail blew the supercharger into the stands. If you push one hard enough it will let go sooner or later. The little ricers have to push hard to just stay even.
Oh well, new generation. At least they're racing- even if the idea of a Hot Rod Civic seems- funny. I miss dad's Ford Fordor.

Jim

My favorite part in the first video is at 2:40... They pop the hood open and then jump back and act surprised when it's still on fire. ROFL.

Pepperbelly....Porsche 959.....0-60 3.1 seconds top speed 200+

I had some idiots
mad.gif
not tighten the lugnuts on my one ton truck..all 4 (dual) rear wheels came off at 60 mph loaded with 4 tons of rock
sick.gif
.........My attorney made them buy what was left of it
grin.gif

i don't see this as being any different from when i use a propane torch to heat my ammo for maximum pressure before shooting long range
grin.gif

Goldie I just like twisting the tail of young'uns. They all believe a "coffee can" exhaust tip makes their Civic gain horsepower. The funniest thing I have ever heard is a motor winding up, looking around and seeing that the screaming sound is a Honda doing about 40mph.
I like Porsche, and BMWs, etc. Hell the Indy IRL cars are 4 cylinder. It just takes a lot of money to make a small motor develope real horsepower and last for a reasonable amount of time. we used to tear down the motors in the dragsters after every race. The valves sometimes had to be replaced between heats. Sodium filled valves seem like they would last longer than 1 or 2 runs. It was awesome to see what a top-fuel funny car could do to valves and pistons in 3-4 seconds.
That Porsche sounds fast, but does it develope 1500+ hp? The newer rails and funny cars get around 3000+hp now, I think. It has been a long time since I was around it.
0-60 in 3.1? How about 0-325 in 4?
Of course it very very hard to get them street legal, and they always fail the emissions test.

Jim

FYI, The large exhaust tip on small rice burner cars are called "Fart Cannons"