• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Guy tells a hunting story

I second that. My 629 had a 2x EER Leopold on it and busting clays at 100 yard was a breeze. Would have never sold it but unfortunately lost it in a boating accident.
Say your a fudd without saying your a fudd......
Leo pold. Me turdy turdy kilt in deadern dammit at 400...... Joking by the way

I hit a rabbit on the run at 75 yards with an AK. One shot.

Two of my buddies saw it.
I shot a feral hog between the eyes thats mounted over my computer desk here right at 50yds. with a Colt Series 70 .45. I went back the next day and pulled a cloth tape. 148'.

On an outdoor range, I've seen people argue and storm off mad when told the target they were shooting at at 100m wasn't 400yds like they were telling their girlfriend.

• Haha
Reactions: Taylorbok
Fudds are also behind the gun counters.

Years ago, I asked a sales guy if they had the new Vortex 1X6 strike eagle. He rolled his eyes and with authority, said. “1x6 does not exists and never will. 1x4 is the limit of optics and always will be.”

Been ordering optics on-line ever since.

I am a hard core Fudd, but I like to think I have an open mind to new stuff. I admit I don't follow it well.

What is real fun is when you out Fudd a Fudd.

Old guy at bass pro no less had an old winchester 38-40 on the wall, my eyes found it straight away. Old dude said they did not have it priced yet but I could see it if I liked....ok, I like.

He said it was in some kind of wild cat cartridge as normal 38's don't fit in it. Yea I could see that. He went on for roughly a minute on how this wildcat cartridge this and that.

Well that is really an old black powder chambering, and the little brother to the more popular 44-40 the cartridges came out after the civil war and....bla bla bla bla bla.

He picked up a non ringing phone said he had to leave and asked for the rifle back.

I had out fudded a fudd.

I killed a rabbit with a head shot offhand from 55 yards with a Mark II pistol. Luckiest shot I have ever made. Had a friend when we were 6 or 7 hit a flying crow in the head with a Daisy powerline BB gun. Dropped like a rock. Luckiest shot I have ever witnessed. He enjoyed the local dirt road title of god for about 2 years after that.

I think I hit a dragon fly or something in flight on accident one day shooting groups. I was shooting some 10 shot groups at the 100y range one day. I had a 55g Dogtown go through the target sideways just on the edge of the group.

I had a friend when we were little take out a dove with a bottle rocket. He even called it. He aims light's it and the bottle rockets takes off and vears way off course. Then the dove takes off and flys right in front of it. He would have missed it by twenty fit had it just sat still.

The really disturbing thing is when they find out you're specifically into long range precision shooting and then proceed to bullshit you about your own hobby. I think some of this is flat out mental illness where they even believe their own bullshit legend. I used to have a friend growing up that just didn't think reality was good enough and would probably lie about what he had for breakfast.
I have worked with guys like that. We used to call them 130 year old guys. They did this for 20 years. That for 20 years. Was in the Green Berets and then joined the SEALs. If you totalled up everything they said they did for as long as they did, they would be 130 years old.

Or the guys who talked about how they sweet-talked a car salesman into a sweet contract. Bullshit. They paid whatever the price was. I know this from personal experience. And, before I started buying new cars recently, I would watch videos of this one guy who specifically trains people how to sell cars and motorcycles. You are not going to talk them down from the price and payments already settled by the manager of the dealership. The rest is three-card monty to get you to think you are getting a deal. And when you trade-in a car, you are basically paying them to take it off of your hands. You are better off selling the car privately and just take the cash to make a down payment.

i can't do gun shops anymore because of the fucksticks and their gun shop wisdom.

people and their stories.....we've all heard them. the ones that really make me ask "do you really think everyone is that stupid?" are the 'i climbed a tree to escape the bear that was chasing me' stories.
Yeah, I don't have to climb a tree to escape a bear. I just have to run faster than the guy next to me.

Not a Fudd story but I used to help run an outdoor range right before deer season when there was a line waiting to sight in their rifles. You had to tighten scope mounts and do the actual sighting in for some shooters that didn't know the concept of clicks on a scope.

One old asshole, I could tell he was an asshole by his overbearing demeanor and stern, pissed off visage, asked if I could shoot his young son's Marlin 336 30-30 w/4x Weaver, a solid rig.

I looked at his target and it looked like it had been sprayed with buckshot. After I checked his scope rings and made sure everything was tight, I proceeded to take a shot on a clean target. I looked back through the spotting scope and saw I put a .30 hole right in the center bull. I told the man, 'it's zero'd at 100'. He clenched his jaw tighter and looked more pissed off. He took his gun and left without saying thank you.

I can't help if I showed your son you couldn't shoot.

Reactions: BurtG
Not a Fudd story but I used to help run an outdoor range right before deer season when there was a line waiting to sight in their rifles. You had to tighten scope mounts and do the actual sighting in for some shooters that didn't know the concept of clicks on a scope.

One old asshole, I could tell he was an asshole by his overbearing demeanor and stern, pissed off visage, asked if I could shoot his young son's Marlin 336 30-30 w/4x Weaver, a solid rig.

I looked at his target and it looked like it had been sprayed with buckshot. After I checked his scope rings and made sure everything was tight, I proceeded to take a shot on a clean target. I looked back through the spotting scope and saw I put a .30 hole right in the center bull. I told the man, 'it's zero'd at 100'. He clenched his jaw tighter and looked more pissed off. He took his gun and left without saying thank you.

I can't help if I showed your son you couldn't shoot.

I could go on for days with stories from the "public sight in days". They happen before deer season here.....to tell the truth I am not sure if the club still does it.

The club has baffles setup, and they are held up with big I beams. The baffles are metal on each side with concrete in the middle. If you aim at the target you can't see the sky. I want to say there are 3-4 rows of baffles. The lanes are pretty easy to stay in, and quite wide. The distance to the I beams from the "straight shot" to the target is a, there is no way you could hit the I beam by "accident". And yet every year it happens. You can walk the line and see that rifle canted to the side. Your target is #4, you need to move to the left....oh ok. Step back and as quick as you can blink swing to the right and bang, sure enough a nice new hole in the I beam. Your done and you will not be back.

They get spunky, so you go down there with the I am deputy so and so with the XYZ, this is private property and you have been asked to leave. If you do not that is tresspassing and I will take you to jail right now. They choose to leave.

Only once has it been challenged.....I want your name I want your badge number, sure thing pal, I will even wright it down on the back of my business card for you.

Oh and it is going to be up to the club BOD if they want to sue you for destruction of property. They have only done that once. And that gun mag dumped into the I beam.

Long, long ago when I lived in the Denver area was out with some friends shooting p-dog on a ranch. Owner comes along to talk to us. About 125 yards away a dog stands up and we start taking turns shooting at it offhand but can't hit it. Friend has a Marlin 94 in 357 but is shooting 38 spl loads. Takes aim and drills the critter. Land owner is super impressed with Kent's shooting. 10 minutes later there is one about 50 yards out and the land owner tells Kent to shoot it. First shot hits 50 feet past the p-dog, second 20 feet in front, third was closer as it was only 10 feet away. Very obvious we had previously witnessed one of the most lucky shots Kent ever made because he couldn't shoot worth crap.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender and BurtG
Old guy at bass pro no less had an old winchester 38-40 on the wall, my eyes found it straight away. Old dude said they did not have it priced yet but I could see it if I liked....ok, I like....
Generally I stay out of gun stores. But when I am in one and see something interesting to me, it's usually the case that I know far more about the thing than the guy selling it. (BECAUSE it's something that interests me) I will often ask a middle of the road question I already know the answer to, not something stupidly obvious, but not something only a super geek collector would know. How they answer will determine whether I keep looking at it or not. If they know the answer, or admit they don't know the answer, I stay interested. If they started double talking or flat at making shit up, I walk away. Sometimes I'll leave them flat, other times I'll tell them all the reasons why what they said was a lie, as I'm walking out.
I had a family member and friends who sold guns part time. I told them all, "The best thing I can hear a gun store clerk say is "I don't know", because at least I know they're being honest."

Last edited:
I worked with a guy who had recorded one of his deer kills. He had a camera mounted to a spotting scope and said he had shot this deer at 1100 yards. Going by the time of flight, from the crack of the rifle to the deer getting hit, I would guess it was 300 yards at the most.

Reactions: Bender and BurtG
My family owned a gun shop in the 80's/90's and it was amazing how many people would come in bragging about their 1000 yard shots on deer with 308, 22-250, 7 mag....

I once shot a chipmunk with a s&w shield center mass from 30feet. That's right 30 feet.

Generally I stay out of gun stores. But when I am in one and see something interesting to me, it's usually the case that I know far more about the thing than the guy selling it. (BECAUSE it's something that interests me) I will often ask a middle of the road question I already know the answer to, not something stupidly obvious, but not something only a super geek collector would know. How they answer will determine whether I keep looking at it or not. If they know the answer, or admit they don't know the answer, I stay interested. If they started double talking or flat at making shit up, I walk away. Sometimes I'll leave them flat, other times I'll tell them all the reasons why what they said was a lie, as I'm walking out.
I had a family member and friends who sold guns part time. I told them all, "The best thing I can hear a gun store clerk say is "I don't know", because at least I know they're being honest."

If they have no idea what it is then there is a good chance it will not be priced correctly. I have gotten lucky a few times. Last time with a 22LR daisy.

Reactions: Ronws
One day at work some co-workers and I are drinking coffee in the break room and a new guy comes in gets a cup of coffee, and after a few minutes he is telling a couple of the guys about his deer hunt. He said he shot a deer at 700 yards with his 7mm Mag off hand. I asked what was his holdover? He answered back, don`t need to, 7 Mag shoots flat. He said I just held dead on. I walked out of the break room.

A couple days later, same guy is telling another deer hunting story. This time he shot a deer at 1200 yards while laying on a branch up in a tree. Again, I asked what was his hold over. He said, 7 Mag is flat, don`t have to do that. I told him I won`t call you a liar, but that is bullshit. He looked at me not pleased. I said, I own a 7 Mag. He got his cup of coffee and walked out of the break room.

One of the guys asked if his story could be true? I answered, no.

7mmMag hunters are all faggots. They all fucking lie and to a faggot with a 7 mag, 700 yards is really about 125 yards, it looks a lot further in the spotlight at night. A 1200 yard shot is also extremely easy, just lube the barrel with Vaseline kinda like when they are getting ready to stuff a zucchini in their asses.

As soon as an idiot says, "7 mag", a decent hunter knows two things.

1. The story has something to do with sticking vegetables in his ass.
2. He shot from a truck window into a farmers front yard.

Had a helper talking about guns that shoot so flat you don’t need to hold over.

Also talked about shooting a deer in the shoulder with a 0.50 muzzle loader and the deer “ shaking of off” and walking away

Just because you disbelievers are unable to accomplish amazing shooting feats, does not preclude us living God's
from boasting about our almost true hunting stories.

One time I was hunting deer by a lake, I saw a deer on the other side so I shot into the water. The 22 short
skipped the water 3 times hitting the deer right in the eye killing it instantly.
I play pool so I know all the angles.

7mmMag hunters are all faggots. They all fucking lie and to a faggot with a 7 mag, 700 yards is really about 125 yards, it looks a lot further in the spotlight at night. A 1200 yard shot is also extremely easy, just lube the barrel with Vaseline kinda like when they are getting ready to stuff a zucchini in their asses.

As soon as an idiot says, "7 mag", a decent hunter knows two things.

1. The story has something to do with sticking vegetables in his ass.
2. He shot from a truck window into a farmers front yard.
First of all

10A765DF-4FFE-4FE4-9859-5168CF0A276F.gif

And my 7 mag AWM says otherwise.

AD0D8EE1-64E7-4DD7-BB26-DD5E04C35506.jpeg

If they have no idea what it is then there is a good chance it will not be priced correctly. I have gotten lucky a few times. Last time with a 22LR daisy.
I used to watch a musician who had to get off the road for medical reasons but he had collected a number of really nice guitars for not a lot of money. You want to buy the Telecaster from grandma? Go on ebay and type tellycaster. Chances are, if they do not know how to spell it, they do not know what it is worth.

I was about 15 years old in the early 1980's in NW Montana I was hunting with my dad. After getting a deer that day we stopped at a middle-of-nowhere diner that was filled with hunters. Whenever hunters sat down the others would ask the usual, "any luck" questions. When we were part way through out meal a new guy walked in and when asked if he got anything, related a story about how much better the hunting was in Montana vs California and said that he got a buck. He apparently just walked right up to it and shot it with his pistol. His "deer" was in the truck of his car. By now everyone had perked up and someone asked if they could see it. We all waked outside and when he opened his trunk there was some farmers dead goat. I started to say something and my dad put his hand on my shoulder and gave me the, keep your mouth shut look. Everyone was congratulating him on his kill and one helpful hunter told him to make sure he ties his tag to the horn and stops at the Fish and Game checkpoint a few miles down the road. The guy thanked everyone for the advice and we went about our business. I would have given anything to see the look on the Game Warden's face when he opened that trunk!

If you were a pumpkin at 100y you woukd want me to be shooting at you with the 629 44 mag i had. I hit clay pigeons with it at 100y. Not every shot, but I didn't own it long either. Probably the one gun I sold I would like back.

Back about 25 years ago I was on a range shooting my rifles and put them up and told the range master I was moving over to the adjacent range to shoot my .41 Mag Ruger Redhawk. I was showing it to him and he said "why don't you shoot it here on the 100 yard range"? There wasn't anyone else on the range at the time.

So he set up an aluminum pie plate against one of the frame supports 100 yards out. I put a couple of bags on a bench and fired one 250 gr HC into the dirt in front of the pie plate. The range master gave me an adjustment to hold over about five inches. Second shot nailed it as did the third and fourth.

Not bad for iron sights. I miss that range since closed and that old range master.

I was about 15 years old in the early 1980's in NW Montana I was hunting with my dad. After getting a deer that day we stopped at a middle-of-nowhere diner that was filled with hunters. Whenever hunters sat down the others would ask the usual, "any luck" questions. When we were part way through out meal a new guy walked in and when asked if he got anything, related a story about how much better the hunting was in Montana vs California and said that he got a buck. He apparently just walked right up to it and shot it with his pistol. His "deer" was in the truck of his car. By now everyone had perked up and someone asked if they could see it. We all waked outside and when he opened his trunk there was some farmers dead goat. I started to say something and my dad put his hand on my shoulder and gave me the, keep your mouth shut look. Everyone was congratulating him on his kill and one helpful hunter told him to make sure he ties his tag to the horn and stops at the Fish and Game checkpoint a few miles down the road. The guy thanked everyone for the advice and we went about our business. I would have given anything to see the look on the Game Warden's face when he opened that trunk!
I am sure it was fast though. That would be a speed goat, right?

I've heard a similar story except it was in Saskatchewan and moose hunting and shot a horse.

I could go on for days with stories from the "public sight in days". They happen before deer season here.....to tell the truth I am not sure if the club still does it.

The club has baffles setup, and they are held up with big I beams. The baffles are metal on each side with concrete in the middle. If you aim at the target you can't see the sky. I want to say there are 3-4 rows of baffles. The lanes are pretty easy to stay in, and quite wide. The distance to the I beams from the "straight shot" to the target is a, there is no way you could hit the I beam by "accident". And yet every year it happens. You can walk the line and see that rifle canted to the side. Your target is #4, you need to move to the left....oh ok. Step back and as quick as you can blink swing to the right and bang, sure enough a nice new hole in the I beam. Your done and you will not be back.

They get spunky, so you go down there with the I am deputy so and so with the XYZ, this is private property and you have been asked to leave. If you do not that is tresspassing and I will take you to jail right now. They choose to leave.

Only once has it been challenged.....I want your name I want your badge number, sure thing pal, I will even wright it down on the back of my business card for you.

Oh and it is going to be up to the club BOD if they want to sue you for destruction of property. They have only done that once. And that gun mag dumped into the I beam.
The owner of the range I shot and helped on in the 80's was a 'conspiracy nut', that is, he forcast the government was planning a manmade pandemic and everyone was going to need a vaccine and a vaccination card to be able to travel and function. He also railed about them wanting to put a chip in everyone that contained all your personal information including your bank information.

The government was then going to a cashless society and if you needed to buy something your bar code in your implanted chip was scanned instead of a bank card. He also spoke of the 'end times' and the Mark of the Beast. For this he was called 'crazy', especially by APD's SWAT Team who openly mocked and made fun of him when they came up to use the range on scheduled days when the range was closed to the public. They also shot up his target stands including concrete pillars because he asked them not to. You better not tell cops not to do something.

Anyway, he ran them off, the APD SWAT Team, and kept their remaiming money in the contract. The Assistant Chief asked him if wanted to press charges.

Last edited:
Reactions: FWoo45 and BurtG
Guy at the coffee shop says he killed a buck at 600 yards with his 45-70. I asked him how much hold over he used. He said I aimed about 6" above his back. I knew this was bullshit but I said 'Wow that's a hell of a shot'.
I looked up 45-70 on Winchester ballistics and at 600 yards drop is 24'-30' depending on bullet choice.

Another guy tells me he was walking back to his pickup after a morning deer hunt and sees a cat 300 yards away. He shoulders his 30-06 and off hand shoots the cat dead. Man these guys can shoot!

I made a headshot on a big wild hog at a measured 460 yds with a .270 and 4x Weaver. Not that long a shot by Charles Whitman's standards but one of the longer shots I've ever made.

I had plenty of time to run the ballistics in my head from my boyhood studying of the ballistic charts in the back of the free Remington brochures.

Reactions: lonegunman762x51
The owner of the range I shot and helped on in the 80's was a 'conspiracy nut', that is, he forcast the government was planning a manmade pandemic and everyone was going to need a vaccine and a vaccination card to be able to travel and function. He also railed about them wanting to put a chip in everyone that contained all your personal information including your bank information.

The government was then going to a cashless society and if you needed to buy something your bar code in your implanted chip was scanned instead of a bank card. He also spoke of the 'end times' and the Mark of the Beast. For this he was called 'crazy', especially by APD's SWAT Team who openly mocked and made fun of him when they came up to use the range on scheduled days when the range was closed to the public. They also shot up his target stands including concrete pillars because he asked them not to. You better not tell cops not to do something.

Anyway, he ran them off, the APD SWAT Team, and kept their remaiming money in the contract. The Assistant Chief asked him if wanted to press charges.
I think I've been to that range , out off of Hamilton pool rd. If so that guy was a nut job , haven't been there in years , is it still there?.

I think I've been to that range , out off of Hamilton pool rd. If so that guy was a nut job , haven't been there in years , is it still there?.
Thats the one. And yeah, the guy was a nutjob. But interwoven in his craziness he saw what was coming and tried to warn people back in the 80's, about the time George H.W. Bush was president and proudly announced plans for 'a kinder, gentler nation', as he opened the southern border, and "A New World Order."

His conspiracy theories almost forty years ago were so bizzare, so unfathonable, the pandemic, the forced vaccines, computer chip implants, a cashless society, a one world government headed by a cabal of globalists, aka NWO, the re education camps Hillary later flippantly threatened to put Trump supporters in in 2016, he was labled a nutjob. People would walk away laughing, including me sometimes. It took a crazy to see the crazy that was coming.

He sold the range in the early 2000's and bugged out to a 400 acre ranch in some of the most rugged remote Hill Country there is, something he always planned. The range is still there, shut down and overgrown. The new owner can't develope it because it's been declared a bio hazard from all the lead supposedly in the berms.

I jumped the fence and went looking around a couple years ago. There was a ghosttown, eerie silence about it as I walked the ranges, some of which I built in '85 with borrowed bulldozers. The range shack was gone scraped with no sign of a footprint as well as the shooting benches and canopys. The only footprints were now from coyotes and a bobcat that had reclaimed it. It once was the bustling mecca and starting point for IPSC in Central Texas as well as a whole gun community that grew from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: atomic41

And here we are these many years later with a pandemic, vaxx and some places requiring vaxx cards. And you can tap your bank card or even load it to your phone and hold the phone in proximity.

Conspiracy or fact? Usually a matter of timing.

And yeah, the guy was a nutjob. But interwoven in his craziness he saw what was coming
Was he though ?

056F7464-231C-4EA6-941F-A61162308A30.jpeg

The range is still there, shut down and overgrown. The new owner can't develope it because it's been declared a bio hazard from all the lead supposedly in the berms.
Sounds like opportunity there to re open with some like minded ppl

Was he though ?

View attachment 8345002

Sounds like opportunity there to re open with some like minded ppl
I did meet with the new owner's representative a few years ago. He said if any material on the ranges was 'disturbed' or hauled off the EPA would come in and seize the property.

A lawyer did buy it with plans to develope it, of course. So I see it as one thief being ripped off by a bigger one.

It's on one of the highest elevations in the county, with incredible views.

I did meet with the new owner's representative a few years ago. He said if any material on the ranges was 'disturbed' or hauled off the EPA would come in and seize the property.

A lawyer did buy it with plans to develope it, of course. So I see it as one thief being ripped off by a bigger one.

It's on one of the highest elevations in the county, with incredible views.
Get rid of the communist EPA.

Man, I love the easy solutions. Bring me more to solve.

Last edited:
And here we are these many years later with a pandemic, vaxx and some places requiring vaxx cards. And you can tap your bank card or even load it to your phone and hold the phone in proximity.

Conspiracy or fact? Usually a matter of timing.
Alex Jones is rarely wrong if you wait long enough.

I do my best to stay out of gun shops. Lots of extra BS like these stories to get through that I just don't want to deal with. And if I have to get something I get in and get out without trying to have extra conversations as it usually is just a dick measuring contest by out of shape men with Vortex caps or some such who are there hiding from their wives.

Gun ranges are damn near a death warrant. I have had dudes with chicks posing with sidearms and pointing it at my head while taking selfies, unstable nerds shooting a Mosin in an indoor 25 yard range, range goblins picking up my brass at my feet while I am shooting, ND's, people shooting while other are down replacing targets, the list goes on. Its just not worth it. You guys who have been RO's at such places I don't see how you are not alcoholics with PTSD.

I do my best to stay out of gun shops. Lots of extra BS like these stories to get through that I just don't want to deal with. And if I have to get something I get in and get out without trying to have extra conversations as it usually is just a dick measuring contest by out of shape men with Vortex caps or some such who are there hiding from their wives.

Gun ranges are damn near a death warrant. I have had dudes with chicks posing with sidearms and pointing it at my head while taking selfies, unstable nerds shooting a Mosin in an indoor 25 yard range, range goblins picking up my brass at my feet while I am shooting, ND's, people shooting while other are down replacing targets, the list goes on. Its just not worth it. You guys who have been RO's at such places I don't see how you are not alcoholics with PTSD.
Or the Bubba working behind the counter like the last time I had to use a local indoor range / gunstore to check the zero on my deer rifle.

After I managed to get a couple of decent shots off to verify without the clown next to me touching off a 300 Win. Mag. at the same time, I recased my rifle and headed out of the compression chamber to the retail area.

There, some arrogant Joe Bob, the type Texas cranks out, in a khaki shirt sitting behind the counter told me "Next time, wait until nobodys shooting before you open the door." to which I replied as I walked out "Ah, fuck you. There won't be a next time."

I once shot a chipmunk with a s&w shield center mass from 30feet. That's right 30 feet.
Great shot!

But my elite group of old guy hunters and I can hit a fly from 1200 tenths of an inch 9.5 times out of ten with BB guns. :p;)
20210407_163325.jpg

Turns out they like beer, both the flies and the elite hunters. The spring fly hatch is in late March. Yes I'm serious flies really do like beer so we poor some over the face of the box.

Ha, yucky isn't it! Splat factor is fun through a scope though. We laugh and laugh trying to see who can hit a fly landing on the box the fastest!
20220420_165645.jpg

Or the Bubba working behind the counter like the last time I had to use a local indoor range / gunstore to check the zero on my deer rifle.

After I managed to get a couple of decent shots off to verify without the clown next to me touching off a 300 Win. Mag. at the same time, I recased my rifle and headed out of the compression chamber to the retail area.

There, some arrogant Joe Bob, the type Texas cranks out, in a khaki shirt sitting behind the counter told me "Next time, wait until nobodys shooting before you open the door." to which I replied as I walked out "Ah, fuck you. There won't be a next time."
You sound like the problem in this story.