• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H-S Precision Detachable Magazine .308Win and COAL

swerv512

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2009
SF Bay Area
What COAL is anyone running in their HS DMS in 308Win. i'm currently at 2.81 and i'm considering seating a tad longer. i run 175 SMKs. what's the longest you've seated at and still fed reliably...
Of course the obvious answer is to try a few different lengths in dummy rounds and see, but i'm just curious.

Re: H-S Precision Detachable Magazine .308Win and COAL

I run 2.810-2.815 w/ no problems...
Haven't tried any longer ( Stock Remmy Throat)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idpasteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run 2.810-2.815 w/ no problems...
Haven't tried any longer ( Stock Remmy Throat)</div></div>

I'm at 2.810 now. i measured my throat (stock remmy) and it will allow me to seat at 2.926 COAL. i've been to 2.820 without problems- but the HS mag inside length is around 2.865.
i'm just trying to feel how much further i can seat without issues- the lazy way...

I'm successfully running 2.825" in an H-S .308 Mag. w/155.5 gr Bergers in Lapua Brass.

Update. i got a message from a service rep at H-S and they said the inside of the magazine runs 2.838... Knowing is half the battle...