• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

had my unemployment case today

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
it was unreal, i almost know i lost.. they had a huge "case" aginst me, all i had where emails from my night shift boss stating he didnt agree with any thing that went down, that and i also stated that my night shift boss was their when "they" claimed i did what i was supposly "did" to get terminated.

i feel like i lost but iam hanging on to hope that the emails from my bosses and my statement was enough to win

Re: had my unemployment case today

so instead of living off unemployment, wouldnt it make more sense to go out and get a job no matter how "degrading" said job might be????? I guess its just me but i was always taught to work for things not take handouts. But you mileage apparently varies

foi11.jpg

i was actually an aero/space machinist, the machining industry is crashing in my area so untill i decide on moving or taking new training, i was hoping to use the unemployment to keep my bills payed... but your right i should just toss my things out on the streets give my truck and fourwheeler back to honda and if i can afford it get a cardbord box....

wtf was i thinking...... i guess when your employer fires you for things you didnt do, you should take it in the ass any way

i work for the govt...i Take it in the ass anyways, but i dont whine about it here do I?

But again i dont care what you did, you're in this situation and instead of "growing a pair" and working whatever job you gotta work to stay above water, you'd rather mooch off unemployment....and to top it off you come here and whine, did you think we might care??? Because if you did you are sorely mistaken

Here's the deal, If you couldn't afford the fucking truck and four wheeler, you shouldn't have bought them! Sell them and live within your means, this means you don't have to work 52 weeks a year to pay your bills. I had 22 weeks off last year because construction has been slow. Guess what, I had money to pay my bills without filing for unemployment.

hears the deal, i could afford the truck and then some when i worked, when their are no jobs in the area its a little hard to pay bills with no money comming in.

and no i dont care what you think, just here to chit chat.... lol mooch off the unemployment.

Don't listen to these guys black, they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Good luck with your unemployment case, and finding another job. Times are tough out there and being unemployed can get a man feeling down pretty quick, keep your head up and stay motivated, it's the hard times that make us the men we are today.

Keep your head up and try to stay motivated, things will work out for you in the end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
and no i dont care what you think, just here to chit chat.... lol mooch off the unemployment. </div></div>

chit chat would be a question along the lines of " wow this weather sure is great" or you could always go to your local book club and chit chat. Not ONE person here feels any sympathy for you, and i would also go out on a limb and say that no one agrees with you living off unemployment. Again ill give my advice, man up and grow a pair, take a job that has income (NOT UNEMPLOYMENT that isnt a JOB) and pay your bills. Easy as that, might have to take a self esteem hit and work at Mickey D's but at least you got a pay check. And the fact that you dont care what anyone says doesnt bother me one bit, its pretty evident no one here really takes you seriously or has the slightest inclination to care about most of the shit that comes out of your mouth. Again MAN UP AND GROW A PAIR get a job no matter what it is and stop whining. Nothing in life comes easy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: green_vaccine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't listen to these guys black, they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Good luck with your unemployment case, and finding another job. <span style="font-weight: bold">Times are tough out there and being unemployed can get a man feeling down pretty quick, keep your head up and stay motivated</span>, <span style="text-decoration: underline">it's the hard times that make us the men we are today.</span>
Keep your head up and try to stay motivated, things will work out for you in the end. </div></div>

you are part of the reason America is the way it is. YOu would rather have everything given to you instead of working for it. My advice to you is go kick rocks. The bold part i do whole heartedly agree with. The underlined part not so much, its what you do to overcome the hard times is what makes the man, not what he is given.

Deadly, of course I am part of the reason America is the way it is, I am a citizen that actively participates in Democracy.

You're mighty quick to make assumptions about people you don't know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: green_vaccine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't listen to these guys black, they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Good luck with your unemployment case, and finding another job. Times are tough out there and being unemployed can get a man feeling down pretty quick, keep your head up and stay motivated, it's the hard times that make us the men we are today.

Keep your head up and try to stay motivated, things will work out for you in the end.</div></div>

REALLY????? Every Walmart, Grocery Store, Mall, Convenience Store I go to is hiring. Times are only hard if you make them.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: green_vaccine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deadly, of course I am part of the reason America is the way it is, I am a citizen that actively participates in Democracy.

You're mighty quick to make assumptions about people you don't know. </div></div>

You're right I am, and read Later's response above this one and you might understand. Id imagine you'd be bitching and complaining if you were in UMP's situation right? Sure sounds that way.

Later, I didn't post in this thread to debate the current state of the economy, I did so in an attempt to make a positive impact on black during a time of duress.

Last time I checked, an aerospace machinist made significantly more than someone at Walmart or a convenience store. Chances are that black wouldn't be able to pay his bills on what he would make working 40 hrs a week at one of those jobs anyway.

Unemployment compensation is a fund that is paid into by employers, so that when employees are terminated through no fault of their own they have something to fall back on while they look for a similar job. Black worked to earn that money and as far as I'm concerned it's his to collect while he looks for work (as long as he truly was terminated through no fault of his own). It's not an entitlement and he's not a deadbeat for collecting it, that is what the government intended it to be used for.

Now I don't know black, and I don't know you, so I'm not going to pretend that I do. But it seems there is very little compassion here for a man that is a little down on his luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: green_vaccine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deadly, of course I am part of the reason America is the way it is, I am a citizen that actively participates in Democracy.

You're mighty quick to make assumptions about people you don't know. </div></div>

You're right I am, and read Later's response above this one and you might understand. Id imagine you'd be bitching and complaining if you were in UMP's situation right? Sure sounds that way. </div></div>

So you're proud of the fact that you quickly make assumptions about people you don't know?

Given both of your responses. Yes and Im fairly certain my assumption is pretty close

Wow-talk about kicking a guy when he is down!!

If he was an Aerospace Machinist then I am sure he was a highly paid and skilled worker. So I am assuming he has paid a considerable share of taxes, and his employer did pay unemployment taxes. So for him unemployment is not a hand out. HE EARNED IT.

Unemployment is not a hand out. It is a helping hand in a time of need when a person looses his job through no fault of his own

I will take the mans word in that he did not deserve to loose his job, unless proven otherwise.

Unemployment benefits will allow him the time to get a good resume together and look for gainful employment in a field he is trained in. Not working at the 7-11.

Hopefully you can find a good job in your field. I know people who are in your shoes. And they are good people. All they need is a helping hand. If you are by my way stop in and I will fry us a steak and a cold bottle of Budweiser. Good luck in your job search, and I will say a prayer for you this evening. Tom.