• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Had some fun with the Phone Skope last night

Alpine Gunworks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2012
SLC, UT
www.alpinegunworks.com
Thought you guys might like this. I recently picked up a Phone Skope for my Samsung Galaxy S4. Here is a video of a 970 yard 3 shot group through a Swarovski 20-60x80mm spotting scope. That rock is 36" wide and from what I can tell from the video looks like a 3 or 4 inch group. 243, 20" barrel, 105 grain Berger at 2850fps. Turn up the quality to 1080 and go full screen. I think the Phone Skope is pretty sweet product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGO3LYveSAo&noredirect=1

Excellent video of trace. Dial it up to 1080HD and it shows up really nice. I've got a buddy who's using this phone for digiscoping and it's unreal what kind of footage you can do with a decent spotting scope and a phone. Pretty cool!

xdeano

The quality of that video is fuggin' insane! What was your spotter set on? Looked like 40ish?

Gonna' have to pick up a digi-scope adaptor for my STS-65....

Also interested in what adapter setup you're using. I just got an S4, and was thinking about playing with digi-scoping.

It was right around 40x magnification. If it would have been a little less the trace probably would have been a little better.

I went with the case for my S4 phone and then I bought the c3 adapter. I measured the largest diameter of my swaro eye piece. If I remember correctly it measured 2.190". I purchased this about a week ago and since then they have changed their site. I bought the c3 adapter for the swarovski HD spotting scope at the time. When it came it measured 2.173". It was a little snug and I sanded it down a little to make it easier to get on and off. I would buy the 2.190" if I could do it over again. I would suggest measuring your eye piece and send them an email if you are not sure. They are nice guys and will make you a custom one if needed.

I also just ordered the C4 universal adapter and it should be here today so I'll have to let you guys know how I like it. Its probably not going to be as stable if the wind is blowing, but we'll see.

Ya wow. Looks good. Which model scope adapter and how do you like the attachment? Thanks.

I like the C3 adapter and the set up in general. To me it makes a lot of sense since I always have my spotting scope, tripod and phone. Since my pack is heavy enough I like that its light and doesn't take up much room. The video and quality of these phone cameras are getting better and better so might as well take advantage of them. Plus you can get into digiscoping for $80.

This is cool. Could you explain the related/included software for this setup? I'm assuming that it doesn't require any special app unless you're using the video chat feature, but I shouldn't assume that. The site and the few videos I watched are a little vague in that department.

Great shooting and a great video, though. I could really use a setup like this.

Thanks for posting,

John