• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
I have a couple of knives by Andy at Half Face Blades and they are remarkable.

5B8DEF4F-A088-463C-886D-864E424844C0.jpeg

Here is a Resco/ HFB combo set. Number 21 of 20... not a typo.

FF824CCE-8BE8-4ADD-A6EB-BC74E099001E.jpeg

Dagger with a Brandon Webb designed RC.

29E4BC92-2304-4C68-910B-E04C0C0839C9.jpeg

And my EDC pneumo-spike with a canteen.

Bet you are sensing a theme here.

Bunch of photos are also posted in motivational and elsewhere of these amazing knives... by some others SH fans.

Show your stuff!

Cheers Sirhr

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of knives by Andy at Half Face Blades and they are remarkable.

View attachment 7118390
Here is a Resco/ HFB combo set. Number 21 of 20... not a typo.

View attachment 7118391

Dagger with a Brandon Webb designed RC.

View attachment 7118392

And my EDC pneumo-spike with a canteen.

Bet you are sensing a theme here.

Bunch of photos are also posted in motivational and elsewhere of these amazing knives... by some others SH fans.

Show your stuff!

Cheers Sirhr

Nice....like Resco’s and love a good knife , so since seeing this I ordered a small Gulo Gulo for horizontal edc/work use. Pretty small but it’s legit length for work place required size....Tks for the lead.

1564725999796.png

Last edited:
I have one from his first run of unit karambits when he first started. They are one of my favorite knife Co.

Last edited:
Man, I've been looking at these knives for too long... I think it is finally time to buy one. Blade durability is g2g? I have never met anyone that owned one. I'm looking to use it as a hunting/skinning knife.

Man, I've been looking at these knives for too long... I think it is finally time to buy one. Blade durability is g2g? I have never met anyone that owned one. I'm looking to use it as a hunting/skinning knife.
I use mine like a rented mule and I cannot say enough good things about it. The pictures I have posted are just the short story of where it has been and what it has done. The end of the elk scales have turned purple from all the blood. This is not a safe queen and Andy never intended his knives to be so. Buy one and get bloody.

I use mine like a rented mule and I cannot say enough good things about it. The pictures I have posted are just the short story of where it has been and what it has done. The end of the elk scales have turned purple from all the blood. This is not a safe queen and Andy never intended his knives to be so. Buy one and get bloody.
Solid. I’m going to go for it! I’ll definitely post a picture when it happens!

Do you like the full size crow scout? I love your blade profile on that one. I don't know if the Crow Jr. might be too small.
I had them create that profile in the spec sheet years ago, now they call it the hybrid scout. For a working knife the full size is they way to go IMO. Could it be smaller for capping a skull yes, could it be bigger for batoning firewood yes. In this form it can and had done all of these things. If you are willing to wait and pay they will build your knife just like you want it. As far as I know mine is the only one out there, it was a six month wait but worth it. It comes down to how you plan to use it. Lots of smaller tasks Jr. Bigger stuff and Bushcraft stuff full size.

I had them create that profile in the spec sheet years ago, now they call it the hybrid scout. For a working knife the full size is they way to go IMO. Could it be smaller for capping a skull yes, could it be bigger for batoning firewood yes. In this form it can and had done all of these things. If you are willing to wait and pay they will build your knife just like you want it. As far as I know mine is the only one out there, it was a six month wait but worth it. It comes down to how you plan to use it. Lots of smaller tasks Jr. Bigger stuff and Bushcraft stuff full size.
Thanks man, that’s helpful. I’ll see what blade drops they have here in the next two weeks. If nothing like that comes about, I’ll contact them and see how ordering one goes. I really appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: isofahunter
There will be a big spike drop tomorrow. Not my style, but some guys had expressed interest so I just wanted to pass it along. They sell out of these pretty fast.

Reactions: km77
they still have some cardiac spikes in "Noveske green" if you guys are interested

I haven't stopped looking at these blades since this thread was posted. I'm a long time 'knife guy' and thought I had finally gotten past it... Thanks guys!! ;)

Those disaster Jr's in 3v are calling me.

Get on board man, you are not tied to the Mast like Odysseus while the Sirens sing. You NEED one and want more! I am at 3 and planning to own a kitchen set soon. Do your part.

Reactions: crimson25
Kitchen set, huh?? I'm jealous. That's big time money. I just ordered my third

So this just in, fellow HFB enthusiasts... Facebook is censoring HFB claiming that they are making weapons. Total B.S. They make fine art... chef's knives, hatchets... art in steel and wood and fiber and paracord...

If you have a FB account... Like HFB and say things about their art. Share their page and comment about how these veterans are true artists in metal. Share with your friends. If you are on other forums... create HFB threads and talk up their product.

I wasn't trying to promote Andy's work when I started the thread. But when FB starts censoring him and his hits drop from 1800 a day to almost zero and they accuse him of 'selling weapons' on Fakebook (which I am sure offends Zuckerweeniesteinbergowitz and his little commie censors) then I am all about spreading the word about a great company.

P.S. Blade drop earlier today... lots of good stuff on their site!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Why hide it it? The karambits, spikes and hawks are weapons for the most part. And yes, they do make beautiful works of art that are tools. I open their page everyday and marvel at the handle materials and the workmanship and artistry that takes.

Fuck Facebook, I wish every knife maker, gunsmith and anyone remotely related to firearms and related sports would just drop Facebook.

Some fresh Disaster Jrs are up. Want one bad. One thing that I’m afraid of, is I have very large hands. Most of the Jrs have finger grooves, and knives with these rarely fit my hand very well. I’m sort of a knife snob, and it’s all about how it fits and feels. One of these days he will put one up with smoother scales with no finger grooves, and that one will get a new home.

Not trying to derail anything here, but does anyone have any experience with Caleb White. His knives look very very nice. Very different from hfb, but that’s ok, I like different things.

How do you all carry the spikes? They appear to have a couple sharp edges that could be used for slashing...... am I correct?

Edges are not sharp enough for slashing reliably. You catch flesh at right angle and speed it might cut but that is not part of my plan.
I carry appendix, once the angle is right it disappears to the world and I forget it is there.

Reactions: Zorrosdens