• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

Interesting. I want one of their Bowie blades but I’m particular and probably need to do a special order.
I understand, so many possible “features” and combinations....rock work, there was that one different spine work I posted earlier to preserve it here in a pic, so many handle materials, along with too many to list optional things possible....BIG decisions....mind boggling kind’a.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington_Steel
5AE3B314-8A6B-48E0-B5FE-1B8516964B41.png

Hey folks, I'm trying to find a Senator, Disaster Jr. or Tac Tanto from Andy and his crew. Open to other models too. Anyone have one they would part with? Looking ideally for ~8" OAL, would be a EDC for me.

Thanks!

Crow jr's are on the site now.
Thank you! Love that knife but it's just a little bigger than I was hoping for. I really want my HFB to be a 8" OAL as I find that is the high-end of the limit of what I can IWB carry comfortably. I know it seems like a small difference to go to 8.75", but in my experience it put me over the limit. Love that shape though, classic.

Good looking out!
3CE1E979-4E89-4DB1-9047-9978CCB0CA1C.png
That’s only a quarter inch more on the blade.
I bet you hand would love the real estate on that handle. Buy both 😁

@sirhrmechanic approve my Facebook group request already! LOL

The guys at HFB are awesome!!! I ordered this morning and the knife I ordered comes with a kydex sheath and afternoon ordering I realized there was no way to carry on my belt horizontally. So I ordered the accessory loops separate, my fuck up I should’ve order both on the same order... I paid the extra $8 for shipping and chalked it up to my bad, no worries. Just got a refund for shipping.

Great bunch, it’s little things like that that make you appreciate high class outfits.

Ordered a freedom fingers today.
Almost ordered the Horizontal belt loops/carry straps for my pneumonia spike but wasn't sure they would work well.
Has anybody installed the belt loops on any of their spikes and if so how did it work for you?

Anyone know if they make filet knife for fishing? Saw the post with the trouts and redfish and was wondering how well that worked. Thanks.

Anyone know if they make filet knife for fishing? Saw the post with the trouts and redfish and was wondering how well that worked. Thanks.
They have made filet knives in the past, drop them a note and have one made.
The fish pic was mine, I use my Crow Scout for everything fish to elk. If you normally use a filet knife for fish and pick up a CS and use it like a filet knife you will have a hell of a time. I have always used a heavier knife for fish and would have a hell of a time with a filet knife if I picked one up. Matter of firmiliarity with the tool.

If there is I have not figured it out, maybe @sirhrmechanic has more insight than I do.
None at all.

Fridays seem popular.

I know Facebook sucks the sweat off of rhino balls... but on the HFB facebook page, they do announce drops in advance. I don't think they are on any other platforms.

When I can, I will cross post an upcoming drop. And I encourage others to do so.

But same thing is going on in other communities, too!

Best bet is watch their FB page.. their site. And be lucky. It's better to be lucky than good!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I joined the FB group yesterday, was just curious to see if there was a particular time I needed to be watching the site. Looks like the heads up on FB is as good as it gets!

Just hit the site. The tomahawk is already gone 🤬

Attachments

• CC9DFBB7-06E4-4D22-AD6C-9E5AD89579A1.png
    CC9DFBB7-06E4-4D22-AD6C-9E5AD89579A1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
They go immediately these days as most all of the items since the Earth changed its orbit.... I don’t do Facebook (maybe I will JUST for their site). Regarding internet site pretty much no drops on Monday, rarely on Saturday, other days they start to drop on the site end of California workday hours...def after 3 and around 4-5 ish. Good luck and stay tuned in as possible basics go fast now...specials faster. Really have to be ready and patience has rewards. Special order if really have a specific want and don’t want to just be lucky. Anything of Andy’s is great, quite a few have dropped serious coinage, in my book I have but some here surpass all my buys with just one special Chef Set of blades. Stay sharp. 🤙

Seems they are sold out as soon as they're listed. What's the best way to snag one of these?