• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

Picked this one up, I like the plain Jane handle.

9274327E-93E8-49B1-87CD-5C439F0EAE39.png

Weeelll...really got to me with this one...
1293AE9C-C5AF-46D0-9DCB-50F293D89A7D.jpeg
6AA0E4DD-0A4E-4B38-AD35-62DA1AB38C78.jpeg

Bleeding heart hawk/hatchet, black G10 angled textured grip with black bolts, 3/8” lanyard hole, pry bar,
Great price considering many in the recent past he’s made. Just plain basic, Hits all my spots of what I would’ve ordered if I had. Only thing that I mighta’ added would of been some rock work, but ABSOLUTELY not complaining, And the engraving adds more on top of perfect already. Really didn’t need to spend the money, was saving for a ZCO 527 MPCT3 Reticle, (did the deposit already) they won’t be ready for awhile though, so really ok...I’ll replace the money kitty. Always liked these ❤Bleeding Hart Hawk/Hatchets. Now, I’ll have one. Another one of his “when you see it you know you better scoop it up” before it’s gone.

Last edited:
I have to guess I hope he has a few of these, if not...one or more of us could miss out or be on a back order list. Who Knows how many of us will purchase one of these rare sightings Hatchets before the crew get back to update. I hope we all get one ?.?

I have to say...
1581266096775.jpeg

This is a unique presentation in the photographic craftsmanship achieved here. Light box or umbrella wide soft lite, floating Hawk appearance. A new addition to the offerings and I think beautifully showcases the Hawk. Steel and black, nearly a B&W image, but don’t think it is...all things I love. Actually, I (probably) won’t put this Hawk to service, I’m going to find my way to display it on a wall near the flag or something to hold it on the table below that flag. I’m sounding silly I think, but what the Bleeding Heart Hawk Hatchet says in appearance........Speaks Volumes. Anyway, just thinking out loud. ?

Last edited:
Pisses me off I can’t buy more...collect, whatever....these are GREAT IMO, got it all, beautiful and Damascus, dark theme (Each Is A Slightly Unique Handle Scheme) and contrasting stainless mosaic pins. Not really too much $ more than a basic really, considering everything here, very nice. I also like that tail end having the handle material all the way to the end of it, better feel.

Later on:
Well...after all this great product showing, I talked myself (ARGGHHHH) into taking a certain “one” of these, had to have that “one” if possible, the one with Micarta split and Ebony (just couldn’t stand it)...gotta quit doin’ this, these were just so nice. What a weakness. ??? Everything so far I’ve bought for me (except for one I bought my brother) has been simple/basic style....this is the first decorative piece for me and it covers lots of personal bases from the ebony, dark Micarta, stripe, stainless mosaic pins, full handle shaped/covered...AND it’s Damascus, a stylin’ treat & departure for me. ?
56B840A8-CF55-41F1-A172-02B8CCABE770.jpeg
647C2078-71B0-47DA-B54B-745E0AB78DF3.jpeg

Last edited:
For anyone who wants one (and there were a few folks here), about 10 minutes ago Andy posted that he has 6 remaining Series 1 Blades from the 1 - 100 series left. These won't last long. If you want one.... e-mail them ASAP!!!!

[email protected]

These will go quick.

Cheers,

Sirhr
And... they were gone in 10 minutes. Sorry

Reactions: Zorrosdens
New drop yesterday sometime with a few primo’s already snagged up. Some blades and one new Chef Set up. Always upping his game.... Damascus with cerakoted plus a new style of “StoneWork” that’s more crafted on a few. The first three showing (two sold already) have this new stone work look. Good gets better and better.

Last edited:
The shaping on that handle is (to appearance) like a CNC machine did it, it’s possible, but doubt that, pretty sure that’s just how good his hand-eye skills are by now I think. That one is a beauty, I like the ironwood handles a lot.

Last edited:
4B07C6EB-EA4B-4009-B070-A68946F700E4.jpeg

Andy posted this today... it’s a run of dive knives he is making as a collaboration. If the knife is half as stunning as the picture, this will be a classic...

As I already have an amazing HFB dagger and probably can’t swim, I don’t see one of these in my future. But for you divers out there, this thing is pure art!

Sirhr

View attachment 7269561

Andy posted this today... it’s a run of dive knives he is making as a collaboration. If the knife is half as stunning as the picture, this will be a classic...

As I already have an amazing HFB dagger and probably can’t swim, I don’t see one of these in my future. But for you divers out there, this thing is pure art!

Sirhr
Where was it posted Sirhr?

Last edited:
Where was it posted Sirhr?
It’s not in the site yet. It’s on Andy’s private FB page and is a collaboration with Kinetic Sprearfishing. It is also going to be a lower priced ‘working’ dive knife. Email HFB if interested would be my guess. These are. It dropped on the site at this point.

All jokes about not swimming aside, I’ll be ordering one of these!

Cheers, Sirhr

@Zorrosdens - you gonna post up this hatchet or what?

Kinda wanting to see it in the wild....
Too many pics really, but tried to show closer and more “in the field” presence and both sides of the case. The hatchet is easily handled with speed and very responsive in hand, you can flip to reverse spike end in a split second with complete control and hand placement just below middle for fast response balance in hand. If you really want to lay a harder one on something or body just slip farther back in the handle. No matter where your hand is placed on it, it feels perfectly shaped for where you would hold it. That’s it, may take two posts to get the 10 shots covering all bases.
C0C7BBD2-B430-4A76-982F-B3DCFEC789E8.jpeg
0CB74D3E-5F77-4610-B34F-205F37D90325.jpeg
7BAD6C95-26DD-4E94-8512-596C123EF614.jpeg
74FA16DC-D578-490B-9486-02E782D4E451.jpeg
27B11136-ACB7-4E6E-A594-804A2B20CF47.jpeg
5537F88E-1C1A-4F8F-A58E-2A30FC7EA194.jpeg

This feels most like a tighter closer quarter item to me (and I’d want that spike) than the Viking Operator but love the big broad face Operator. The overall weight of the Hawk might be lighter/responsive from head size/.20 thickness steel, it maneuvers very fast.... and it’s sharp as heck. It can catch things easily clothe/wise when you pick it up off the couch or such?.

Last edited:
Reactions: powdahound76
Awesome!!!

Thanks for the detailed pics and data.

Im deciding between a breacher or breacher Jr for my first go.

Need to read a little more and then get to it.

Thanks again

Even better (in my eyes) handle treatment. Beautiful, will feel great in hand NO DOUBT! I’ll say it again...BEAUTIFULLY SHAPED and assembled.
BBD534C0-72A4-434A-924F-6ECC6E0E495D.jpeg
87ACC1FA-A7E8-4F2F-BB27-B6A7C42B6B2E.jpeg
020C2A77-1C61-4008-8901-7F8C8B8F0714.jpeg
7C20C21E-AE67-481F-8BD1-E0EC754D569C.jpeg

Nice “fat” looking handle I know will feel perfect in hand. ?? Sheath Setup like the one I carry EDC...right side 3:15 IWB (very out of the way) I don’t even feel it there unless I grab it, a PERFECTLY done Gulo-Gulo imho....very beautiful!

Last edited:
Had to add this tidbit...Gulo-Gulo...

The wolverine (also spelled wolverene), Gulo gulo (Gulo is Latin for "glutton"), also referred to as the glutton, carcajou, skunk bear, or quickhatch (from East Cree, kwiihkwahaacheew), is the largest land-dwelling species of the family Mustelidae. It is a stocky and muscular carnivore, more closely resembling a small bear than other mustelids. A solitary animal, it has a reputation for ferocity and strength out of proportion to its size, with the documented ability to kill prey many times larger than itself.

Last edited: