• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

Hi all:

This is the devil on your shoulder... You know, the one that tempts you?

Well HFB's may be sold out on their site. But their Kinetic Spearfishing collaboration knives are in stock and drop-dead gorgeous....

Oh and the angel on your other shoulder is whispering "You need this... you've been a good boy. You deserve this!"

Cheers,

Sirhr

I managed to pick up and SHPOS on eBay this weekend, and an Omega dagger off the HFB Facebook page. Don't know why I feel compelled to keep buying these things lol.

Reactions: Remington_Steel
I managed to pick up and SHPOS on eBay this weekend, and an Omega dagger off the HFB Facebook page. Don't know why I feel compelled to keep buying these things lol.
There’s a definite reason it feels that way, I’ve made comments a’plenty in that vein. Lots of reasons and not going to try telling, too many. That’s exactly what it feels like, “this is a good item, beautiful function, elemental and art combined”...ok, we just like it and in its way it’s an homage to a core belief in preparedness for an occasion as we envision it. And there it is, more of my chatterbox. Really others could tell better. But I know what I feel & like. 🤙 Nice tools by a great guy and his team.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CStroud
That is VERY cool of you! Thank you.

So I asked about a pair. Waiting to hear back from Andy.

It got me thinking... that if he is going to do a pair... should we ask here in the group if anyone wants to do some kind of a group order?

I don't want to do a group buy or collect $$ or get all formal. But I am thinking that if we give him a 'codename' and get a one-time run of "Snipers Hide Patriot Tomahawks"... anyone here can get in on the one-time order. I know they do this sort of things for BUD/S classes and individual teams and platoons. So it's not out of their realm. Everyone gets the same thing and noone gets one exactly like it again after the run.

It would not say SH on it... would be a HFB. But maybe if we order enough of him, I could get maybe a "Half-Face Patriot" stamp made? Or something like that? I don't have a design yet, but asked for a 'Hawk that is in the spirit of Mel Gibson's Tomahawk in The Patriot. His French-Indian Wars weapon.

1598906286602.png

1598906498043.png

This is the 'Hawk. Andy doesn't do 'heads' all his stuff is single piece of steel with scales. But the general shape... the 'hammer' head, maybe a diamond piercing instead of a Heart or an Arrowhead.... all things we'll be working on .

So would anyone else be interested if we put together sort of a group order? Right now, it's going to be 2. But that can change and I can make arrangements that you can call and ask to be in on the run IF there might be enough interest.

No idea on price... But most of the HFB'hawks are around $800 or so. But could be more. Be warned. Once you commit... you commit. I'm not going to stick HFB with unsold customs. So if you want to do this... be ready and able.

Let me know what you guys think!!! PM or post here and we can gauge interest.

Cheers,

Sirhr

• Love
You guys are terrible on my wallet. I thought I was happy with my Benchmades until I read through this thread. I have 2 more pieces coming, that will make numbers 8 & 9. I'm pretty sure I have the utility side of things covered now. Might be time to site back and look for a custom or two.

You

It got me thinking... that if he is going to do a pair... should we ask here in the group if anyone wants to do some kind of a group order?

I don't want to do a group buy or collect $$ or get all formal. But I am thinking that if we give him a 'codename' and get a one-time run of "Snipers Hide Patriot Tomahawks"... anyone here can get in on the one-time order. I know they do this sort of things for BUD/S classes and individual teams and platoons. So it's not out of their realm. Everyone gets the same thing and noone gets one exactly like it again after the run.

It would not say SH on it... would be a HFB. But maybe if we order enough of him, I could get maybe a "Half-Face Patriot" stamp made? Or something like that? I don't have a design yet, but asked for a 'Hawk that is in the spirit of Mel Gibson's Tomahawk in The Patriot. His French-Indian Wars weapon.

View attachment 7412842

View attachment 7412845

This is the 'Hawk. Andy doesn't do 'heads' all his stuff is single piece of steel with scales. But the general shape... the 'hammer' head, maybe a diamond piercing instead of a Heart or an Arrowhead.... all things we'll be working on .

So would anyone else be interested if we put together sort of a group order? Right now, it's going to be 2. But that can change and I can make arrangements that you can call and ask to be in on the run IF there might be enough interest.

No idea on price... But most of the HFB'hawks are around $800 or so. But could be more. Be warned. Once you commit... you commit. I'm not going to stick HFB with unsold customs. So if you want to do this... be ready and able.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I’m in and I’ll pay up front, don’t care!

You

I’m in and I’ll pay up front, don’t care!
I had a chat with Andy today.

He is a 'go.' For as many as we want. But if he is going to do a custom run, it needs to be lined up before the first one is made. Then what's done is done.

RIght now, the count is two.

If anyone else wants in... PM me or post here.

Cheers,

SIrhr

• Love
Would LOVE to but going for that spike and have higher priorities to attend. GREAT that you and Andy are doing it tho. Can’t wait to see what I’ll miss, hurts thinking that way but, it’s best. 🤙😎

Last edited:
Sirhr
Am I correct in thinking you are looking at something similar to The Arrow hatchet?
I have considered going this route. I would like more of a hammer head on backside to strike nails, spikes etc. I have a Swede light ax which I take afield now, but would like to lighten the design some.

This is for sale in the FB group.

Attachments

• 39A94C4D-70FB-4F19-A3E4-3E6E032385FB.jpeg
    39A94C4D-70FB-4F19-A3E4-3E6E032385FB.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 140
I had a chat with Andy today.

He is a 'go.' For as many as we want. But if he is going to do a custom run, it needs to be lined up before the first one is made. Then what's done is done.

RIght now, the count is two.

If anyone else wants in... PM me or post here.

Cheers,

SIrhr
I'm in

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Sirhr
Am I correct in thinking you are looking at something similar to The Arrow hatchet?
I have considered going this route. I would like more of a hammer head on backside to strike nails, spikes etc. I have a Swede light ax which I take afield now, but would like to lighten the design some.
Quite similar in fact. I have some ideas, but don’t want to dictate the design. Just provide a concept and see where the folks at HFB take it. Let an artist do his work!

Cheers, Sirhr

I've found that I bought several knives that I didn't even really want just because I thought I'd never have the time/chance to pick one up on the blade drops. This past week, I've come to realize that I'm not going to get them all, and I don't need all of them, no matter how bad I want them lol

I've found that I bought several knives that I didn't even really want just because I thought I'd never have the time/chance to pick one up on the blade drops. This past week, I've come to realize that I'm not going to get them all, and I don't need all of them, no matter how bad I want them lol
1599006568345.png

This would be great opportunity for a matched hawk/knife...

View attachment 7412842

View attachment 7412845

Cheers,

Sirhr

Does anyone know if the "HFB" marking on this blade is something they did a long time ago? I've not seen that on any of the new knives.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 98
Does anyone know if the "HFB" marking on this blade is something they did a long time ago? I've not seen that on any of the new knives.
Or it’s one of their knockoffs from China... Half-Face Brades.

email the picture to the mothership. They will know. Early knives are really coveted!!

sirhr

• Haha
email sent. I was hoping this was an earlier production knife, so that's why I was asking around. Hopefully they will get back to me before the auction ends!

Wouldn’t hurt to give a call IF BID TIME is close...see if Kelsie can do the info hit with Andy, sometimes it may be a few days of email back log. 🤙. Very cool, good luck.

Tonight’s drop

Attachments

• E2CC72AB-98F3-416F-898B-687126996368.png
    E2CC72AB-98F3-416F-898B-687126996368.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
I did not. I decided the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. The knife was never intended to be on the open market, as the blade was considered a "blem". It was either a gift to an employee/friend that they then sold, or it was "liberated" from the shop by said person. The seller's story and HFB's differ in that regard. The eBay seller listed it as a new Crow Jr w/ironwood handles, but when I inquired about the markings on the side, he sent me some old photos of the knife before he sent it in to be reworked by Andy and his crew. Attached are the photos of what it used to look like. Once I had seen that the knife wasn't original, it kind of killed it for me, and I was outbid with about 15 mins remaining. I didn't ask the seller to cancel my bid due to the new info, I just decided let it be and see what happened. There was actually a guy in the FB group that is from overseas, and he had bid a pretty large sum on the knife( $450), but the seller canceled his bid due to not wanting to ship overseas.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 113
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 86
I did not. I decided the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. The knife was never intended to be on the open market, as the blade was considered a "blem". It was either a gift to an employee/friend that they then sold, or it was "liberated" from the shop by said person. The seller's story and HFB's differ in that regard. The eBay seller listed it as a new Crow Jr w/ironwood handles, but when I inquired about the markings on the side, he sent me some old photos of the knife before he sent it in to be reworked by Andy and his crew. Attached are the photos of what it used to look like. Once I had seen that the knife wasn't original, it kind of killed it for me, and I was outbid with about 15 mins remaining. I didn't ask the seller to cancel my bid due to the new info, I just decided let it be and see what happened. There was actually a guy in the FB group that is from overseas, and he had bid a pretty large sum on the knife( $450), but the seller canceled his bid due to not wanting to ship overseas.
So not a 'good' history... kind of a sketchy one.

Interesting and probably a good move to leave it be.

Neat story, though, and thanks for taking the time to share!

Sirhr

Ok... so if anyone has been following the discussion of the Patriot Hawk...

We have four SH members who are firm in ordering one of a matched set. Me included.

If ANYONE wants in... PM me. But be serious about it and quick. Otherwise, we are off to the races as a foursome.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I have no self-control.... so that last drop I snagged a Tiger Stripe Skinner. I have a thing for the old VN tiger-stripe, even though it was really useless camo...

1599334196823.png

It inspired me to 'finally' get around to finishing the paint job on my ATV. Bought the stencils something like 2 years ago!!! Came out nice!

1599334283537.png

Far better than the original sparkly blue! I hate bass-boat metallic sparkly blue!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I have no self-control.... so that last drop I snagged a Tiger Stripe Skinner. I have a thing for the old VN tiger-stripe, even though it was really useless camo...

View attachment 7416828

It inspired me to 'finally' get around to finishing the paint job on my ATV. Bought the stencils something like 2 years ago!!! Came out nice!

View attachment 7416831

Far better than the original sparkly blue! I hate bass-boat metallic sparkly blue!

Cheers,

Sirhr
Really a beautiful knife, and it’s just one of his basics in basic “dress” but sporting a new...we’ll call it “sweater”. That’s funny about the atv coloring, LOVED that “sparkly blue” part, lol...that’s not a right color at all for one, lol. 🤙 Outstanding job on the atv.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic